Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vinland Linsky
Duck_ButterO_O
Try having a CAT scan.

Do you notice a strange smell when these episodes happen? Like something burning, maybe?

no there is no smell, but when the attacks/episodes occur I can feel everything being done to me, like when the shadow touches my arm , a or when he cuts my wrists and so on.

Well, that likely rules out a tumour.

Perhaps it's something akin to a seizure? Either way, have you spoken to a doctor about this?
xXRainyxDaysXx
im not an old hag
so i wouldnt know
XD

XD nice.
It's Sleep Paralysis. Not everyone experiences visual hallucinations during it. I don't. Well, except for some shadowy spiders once.

It happens most often when I am sleeping in a room that is too hot, or when I oversleep. You need to figure out your triggers.

But it's somewhat normal. If it really bugs you, maybe you could look up a sleep clinic in your local area. You could check hospitals first, or ask them for referrals. I would go there first before a therapist, but that's just me.
I actually understand exactly what you're talking about, and am into that sort of psychological thing. However, I have no idea how you can prevent it.

Have you tried partial or full meditation?

Romantic Conversationalist

19,400 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I would definitely try to see a therapist. I experienced this (never knew it had a name) several times when I was younger and going through a really stressful time. I've heard that reducing stress before going to bed helps, and that good ways to do this are having a set bedtime and making "to do" lists for the next day just before going to sleep. Also, I don't know if this will help, but I've never experienced 'old hag syndrome' while sleeping on my stomach. In fact, I wake up frequently throughout the night when I sleep on my back, so I try to avoid that.
Does anyone know why the shadows typically form the shapes of people?
and why they're so scary?
Wow, I've never heard of this. I'm sorry you have to deal with it every time. It sounds scary. whee
Thank you so much for bringing this to light! I have been suffering from experiences like this since I was a little girl. I had a very harsh childhood, so addition to nightmares, I have these problems! Thanks! I know what it is, and now I can fight it!
mmmm. look it up.
wkipedia=is like the word of god.
Goldiana
Thank you so much for bringing this to light! I have been suffering from experiences like this since I was a little girl. I had a very harsh childhood, so addition to nightmares, I have these problems! Thanks! I know what it is, and now I can fight it!

Yay! : D
hm. Therapist? I didn't think sleep paralysis was a personal issue, rather a physiological one.

Makes people believe in demons and ghosts sometimes, though. I think I would really hate to have it...
Good sight on the disorder Sleep disorders are nothing to mess with you need to go to a sleep clinic my father almost died from his so look into getting some help...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff