Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gekko

Dipscheisse
svnoyi inali
I mean that's all anyone can ask.
You don't have to believe or understand something to respect it.
Like I totally don't get otherkin people at all, but if I met one and they asked me to use certain terminology I would at least indulge them.
I may not understand it, or even believe it's real, but to that person it is real and important. So the least I can do is respect their wishes.

Yeah, I've been considering getting off my meds.
I'm super scared about it because the last time I tried I got to a very dark place.
I mean, I'm managing my stress and life better now, so it may not go as poorly this time.
Still super worried about it though.
And oh my god, I wish finding the right meds wasn't so bad.
Like seriously, some of them were absolutely horrible for me. ; n;
I remain optimistic that otherkin is a fad that will dissipate once they aren't 16 anymore.

I was on the highest dose (225mg?) of Effexor and just stopped taking it because I went somewhere and forgot to take it with me.
I was light-headed and nauseous for weeks during the withdrawal.
My heart rate is still much more extreme when I'm upset than it was pre-meds.
So if you do get off your medication please be safe with it, and go down gradually.
I imagine that isn't news to you, though.

I mean, I kinda feel the same way to about otherkin, but I'm going to respect them either way lol.
I mean, it really isn't going to hurt me to call them by whatever terminology they want. [/shrugs]

Ugh, that sounds awful to go through! </3
And yeah, not news to me....but I'll be careful!
Thanks! c:

Peculiar Entrepreneur

Have you personally been attacked by SJWs?
No, not yet anyway. I'm anti sjw and love controversial/offensive things so it's bound to happen.

What would you define as a SJW in your own words?
Whiny special snowflakes with victim complexes who b***h about everything and consider white cishet males to be the devil. Also everything needs a trigger warning.

Have you ever had relationships with people that were ruined for political/social differences?
Nah, mostly because I choose to generally stay silent about my opinions.

Tipsy Prophet

Dipscheisse
all I've ever really known is that my dysphoria (I've known I am FtM for eight years now) is something that effects every single aspect of my life
and hearing about people who just go around saying "hey I don't have that pain but it'd be nice to not be male/female" angers the s**t out of me and belittles the suffering of trans people

You are not all trans people
All trans people's suffering isn't equal
Some have it worse than others
Different type of people react differently and feel differently about the exact same stuff, I do not understand why the intensity of how you feel about your body couldn't vary, too
It sucks that you have it bad but how you have it does not determine how others should have it in order for their identity to be real.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
Bornes
Phantom Wang Syndrome
you can't cosplay michonne as a white girl, that makes less sense than dark makeup. it's an inaccurate cosplay, and people would probably call you racist because you're trying so hard not to be racist by doing the makeup.

Do you call black girls who cosplay white characters racist too?
it's not racist, it's just inaccurate. i said that people would probably say it is racist only because to avoid being racist you're calling attention to race. racism isn't treating someone poorly because of race, it's treating someone differently.

Magical Tree

Toxilicks
Raven Winter
I don't think I have, oddly. Now that I think of it, shouldn't I be getting hella shamed for, like, cultural appropriation and stuff?

I'm glad you're back, though.

Actually, yeah, if we follow the insane s**t about cultural appropriation, if I remember correctly you fight with Katana, correct? Because you're offending the Japanese (American-Asians specifically,) and apparently if you speak Japanese, your being offensive.

I really do try to be understanding, but there's a difference between celebrating another person's culture and black face, jesus christ.

Right.

Sometimes I think that inside the US, people are way too sensitive. (things are rather charged there) I speak Japanese. I'm white. People in the states might find me offensive - but I went to Japan and spoke Japanese and things worked well. (likewise, i live in Korea, I speak some Korean. people are HAPPY that I speak Korean... because they often prefer not to speak English.)

((it's terrible though... koreans don't understand how awful black face is, and sometimes you can see them imitate it in their media... and oh.. it's 10 times worse.))

digressing -- i have an SJW friend. it is very hard to talk to her. in fact, i pretty much don't talk to her.

she pissed me off recently - spouting hippie pacifistic things - quoting a MASH episode about a 5 year old civilian who was caught up in bombing. the 'friend' went on to say how war is evil and the korean war shouldn't have happened, and just really shallow anti-war sentiments.
meanwhile - i'm reading her s**t on a modern bus on an iphone using 3G in the center of South Korea, staring at a 5 year old girl who is also using a smart phone.
and all i could think was "yeah war is hell and it's awful people have to die. but sometimes there's things worth fighting for. because Kim Jong Un is importing expensive swiss cheese for himself, and letting his Korean comrades starve. every year it's the same story of starvation and poverty, control of media and opinion alike - in North Korea. they kill people for crimes such as "watching south korean dramas". my grandfather and lots of other men fought the korean war - not because it made them happy - but because it created a better future for some. (actually we almost completely won the war but lost at the 38th parallel and well history)...)

But welcome back, Toxi, for all it's worth... eh heh. LD is the same old sesspool. xD
This is kinda why I liked talking to you when you didn't have you head shoved up your a**. You would talk to me civilly and understood where i was coming from in my posts. You're not going to get that with feminists, especially if you're going to take a side against what they normally advocate, in this case being pro-GamerGate as opposed to anti-GamerGate.

That's basically how you should expect people on the anti-GamerGate side, which is 99.99999% SJW. Admitting you're pro-GamerGate would be hazardous to your health.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
This is a confusing OP. confused

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image SJWs need to go die in a fire.

Lavish Loiterer

My tumblr dash has been recently invaded my SJW rants about cultural appropriation rants. And it's like...what? So it's considered disrespectful to wear a similar style of clothing to another culture because you're mocking them--even if you have an appreciation for the designs.

Example: this chick made a kimono because she really liked the style and how it looked. She got bashed on and got called a racist even after she explained her reasons behind it.

Jfc. People need to calm the ******** down.

Fashionable Hunter

See, my RL is too disconnected and political to talk about the internet, so the only things I see in my newsfeed, and feel comfortable posting in my newsfeed, are positive forms of feminism.

Like that terribly executed FckH8e ad. Ugh that annoyed me on so many different levels.

But for the most part my friend group consists of quiet conservatives and optimistic liberals and everyone's way more into themselves and food than anything else. It's an effort to YouTube for bad stuff, and I don't read the comments, I don't tumblr, and I don't go on Deviantart anymore. So thar.
OP, I'm curious to hear why you took a favorable side with GamerGate. I only read about it on the periphery, so I'm interested to hear someone else's view, especially one contrary to most of what I've been exposed to.

I think on one hand I've had a lot of opposite points brought to my attention by people who are essentially SJWs. It's been good to get alternative points and sometimes I really do have my mind changed because they bring up issues outside my own experiences that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

But sometimes I totally see overreactions. I had to unfollow some "why I need feminism" tumblr because half the situation posted there had nothing to do with sexism, people just wanted someone to blame. I've also seen the same thing on the "this is thin privilege" tumblr as well. I also find a lot of cultural appropriation complaints to be ridiculous. I understand maybe we shouldn't dress as Indians for Halloween or wear headdresses (which are sacred) to music festivals, but I don't see why we can't borrow from cultures. When you say "no one by x group can have this" you just build up more walls between cultures, and what we need is to create better cultural understanding.

Consumer

raggedy grrl

whoa. who are you and what did you do with nice raggedy grrl?

these people can't possibly be this bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff