Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh, North Korea. You so silly.
Marcus Junius Brutus
J.T3

I think you under estimate their governments brainwashing skills. Their entire country loves him. They believed Kim Il-sung was a god and they worship his sons. They don't see their country as the s**t hole we see it. The people who do see the truth are sent to concentration camps and turn towards cannibalism.

I think you're underestimating the intelligence of the people and their tolerance for famine. neutral

You haven't the slightest clue about the condition of these people. neutral

Kim Jong il death reaction.

This isn't propaganda. Same thing happen when his father died.
d y z t o p i a

yeah good luck with that. rofl

fyi ergo proy was one of two animes I genuinely enjoyed

Fanatical Codger

J.T3
Marcus Junius Brutus
J.T3

I think you under estimate their governments brainwashing skills. Their entire country loves him. They believed Kim Il-sung was a god and they worship his sons. They don't see their country as the s**t hole we see it. The people who do see the truth are sent to concentration camps and turn towards cannibalism.

I think you're underestimating the intelligence of the people and their tolerance for famine. neutral

that's rather unsettling...

Fanatical Codger

Marcus Junius Brutus

Charty, don't pay attention to the video, it really is propaganda. crying

Click this!

emotion_kirakira Rask... could they have been crying... with joy?

A people silenced for so long, finally finding their voice! emotion_kirakira

Familiar Poster

They won't do anything.
J.T3
Marcus Junius Brutus
J.T3

People who have lived by the government and been taken care of by the government while the government is set up to be similar to a cult are not surprisingly going to be upset that their leader is dead.

However, South Korea has dealt with a fair number of refugees who see right through it. It's really no different than the cult of Mao or even Hitler that was around. Just because those respective governments didn't tolerate opposition didn't mean everyone was blind to what was going on. You just didn't speak up because that wasn't an option if you wanted to live.
Tennants
J.T3
Marcus Junius Brutus
J.T3

People who have lived by the government and been taken care of by the government while the government is set up to be similar to a cult are not surprisingly going to be upset that their leader is dead.

However, South Korea has dealt with a fair number of refugees who see right through it. It's really no different than the cult of Mao or even Hitler that was around. Just because those respective governments didn't tolerate opposition didn't mean everyone was blind to what was going on. You just didn't speak up because that wasn't an option if you wanted to live.

I was making that point in another post. I know for sure there are people that have some perception about how shitty it is over there but the majority doesn't. Those who do are to few in numbers to ever efficiently organize themselves and rebel; they fear the consequences and repercussion to much.
I findit concerning butit will be interesting to see how things pan out. I think that this may come from the recent failed rocket and it may be Kim Jong Un's attempt to increases moral in North Korea and to make themselves seem more powerful.
Marcus Junius Brutus
Chartreusethewaterdemon
J.T3
Marcus Junius Brutus
J.T3

that's rather unsettling...

Charty, don't pay attention to the video, it really is propaganda. crying

Click this!

Who is to say your video isn't propaganda. The credibility of the journalist is more then questionable.
North Korea is in shambles - it can make a move, but South Korea would wipe the floor with it. And China may have vowed to forge closer ties with North Korea, but it's also been pretty critical of Pyongyang in the past few years, referring to it's actions being similar to a spoiled child's, for example.

North Korea attacks South Korea, South Korea unleashes a holy s**t-storm on the North, the U.S. supplies troops to aid the South, and China probably just tries to mediate between the two sides and restore peace. At least, that's how I think it'd go down.
elSpaceHeart
North Korea is in shambles - it can make a move, but South Korea would wipe the floor with it. And China may have vowed to forge closer ties with North Korea, but it's also been pretty critical of Pyongyang in the past few years, referring to it's actions being similar to a spoiled child's, for example.

North Korea attacks South Korea, South Korea unleashes a holy s**t-storm on the North, the U.S. supplies troops to aid the South, and China probably just tries to mediate between the two sides and restore peace. At least, that's how I think it'd go down.

That's how most people see it. But what they don't take into consideration is the fact that China really, really doesn't want a pro-western country sharing a border with them. In addition to that they will have a flood of refugees coming into their country.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff