Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Princess Tantrum
My relationship is technically non-monogamous, because when I met my current boyfriend I was seeing another guy who we had an established polyamorous relationship from the start (he had another girlfriend in addition to me). I'm not dating that other guy anymore and I'm totally in love with my boyfriend, so I don't utilize the whole non-monogamy thing often. Since the first boyfriend and I broke up, I haven't actually dated anyone outside of my primary relationship. I've slept with two people outside of the relationship, with my boyfriend's consent, but that is a very rare occurrence and only happens with people I have a serious friendship with (well, in the case of one of them, had. I am no longer speaking to that individual.) My boyfriend, to my knowledge, has never acted outside of our relationship--so, really, I'm the polyamorous one and he's monoamorous but he supports my desires/needs.

I think the desire for polyamory is just as much a part of your brain's wiring as your sexual orientation. Some people feel totally fulfilled in a monogamous relationship and only feel the ability to wholly love one person at a time. I, along with other polyamorous people I've spoken to, have the capacity to wholly love more than one person at a time. And there's nothing wrong with being either way. You can't force yourself to have one preference over another, obviously.

As long as anyone and everyone you are involved with is okay with you being polyamorous, there's nothing wrong with it. If you go behind anybody's backs, that's when it becomes cheating and that's wrong.

Thank you for sharing that. I don't think that some people realize that its not set in stone! you can be in any type of relationship you want whenever you want. Its like people think that when you "Change" to a poly relationship and they get confused. that annoys me the most. And also, at least in my case, it makes people think that you "won't be able to handle that type of relationship"

personally, i love my relationship and my family and even some close friends aren't willing to understand it or even look at it. my grandmother is just ignoring me... and being unrelenting because she's old fashioned and very christian and... i wish there was a way i could get her to see and understand its not a bad thing

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Queen Regent Cersei
Chieftain Twilight
I'm Polyamorous by nature. I don't do monogamous relationships well.

I am currently in an Open committed relationship with my girlfriend and Pet (same person). we each are quite comfortable with eachother having sexual, romantic, long-term, and short-term relationships with other people.
emotion_awesome
Roleplaying doesn't count.

who said anything about roleplaying?

Chatty Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Queen Regent Cersei
Chieftain Twilight
I'm Polyamorous by nature. I don't do monogamous relationships well.

I am currently in an Open committed relationship with my girlfriend and Pet (same person). we each are quite comfortable with eachother having sexual, romantic, long-term, and short-term relationships with other people.
emotion_awesome
Roleplaying doesn't count.

stare
i'm sure that's not what he means even a little

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items