Gold! 0.2637037037037 26.4% [ 712 ]
Total Votes:[ 2700 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1737 1738 1739 > >> >>> »|

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Quote:
For the first topic at hand; what brought you to the lifestyle?

When I was a young teenager, back when msn had free chatrooms, I use to roam the teenager roams. Which was, of course, filled with sex topics and rps. (lol) I had heard of BDSM before, I believe, but it was during this time that I really got exposed to it. (At least partly. Many were wanna-be jerks, honestly.) I started talking to someone through emails and he became a mentor for me for a short while. Most of my learning, however, came from online research. When I met my love, I eventually asked him to be my Alpha and thus started my first and only RL D/s relationship, which I absolutely love. <3
Blackrose_Knight
Awesome, such quick movement!

Not a lifestyler myself, I'm a bedroom-only kinda gal. As for what brought me to it, I honestly don't remember. Probably a book or hearing about it elsewhere or something, and the wonderful wide internet plus unlimited library privileges and parents uninterested in what I was reading let me learn more about it. ninja

Nice to see another incarnation of this thread. I've only lurked in previous ones so I'll go ahead and introduce myself. Hi.
Quote:

Like nightwolf714, I first encountered BDSM on msn's old chat-rooms. I was looking through anime topics and I came across rps. At the time I had only just turned 14. I had no clue what rps were, no idea what BDSM was, but with all young adolescents I was curious. So I began to rp action rps but then within those rps romance and sex started getting introduced. I was thrown off on a mind block by that, but after research I soon figured out what it was. With a growth in my rp skills, I later took part in some slave rps and romance drama story lines. But that was the beginning. I later found out my best friend was into "kinky stuff,and fetishes." I was first unsure about it all, but later I found myself liking a few things. I'm still not into the entire package of BDSM, but there are some things I believe to be intriguing, and interesting, just wouldn't participate in most..

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hey Rose, I know that the PMs are messing up a little right now. Did you get the messages I sent you?

XxDivin_PecheurxX
Quote:

Like nightwolf714, I first encountered BDSM on msn's old chat-rooms. I was looking through anime topics and I came across rps. At the time I had only just turned 14. I had no clue what rps were, no idea what BDSM was, but with all young adolescents I was curious. So I began to rp action rps but then within those rps romance and sex started getting introduced. I was thrown off on a mind block by that, but after research I soon figured out what it was. With a growth in my rp skills, I later took part in some slave rps and romance drama story lines. But that was the beginning. I later found out my best friend was into "kinky stuff,and fetishes." I was first unsure about it all, but later I found myself liking a few things. I'm still not into the entire package of BDSM, but there are some things I believe to be intriguing, and interesting, just wouldn't participate in most..

Oh, the MSN chat-rooms. It was probably a good thing that they took those down. XP Kinda makes me wonder if we met each other on there ever. That would be weird. hehe. sweatdrop

Anyways, you don't have to do all of BDSM. There are fetishes that I'm not into as well. It's all about enjoying what you enjoy. I like to use my new favorite metaphor in that BDSM is like an all-you-can-eat buffet. You can fill your plate of all the delicious stuff you love while leaving behind the yucky stuff. hehe. It's all about individuality and enjoying yourself to the fullest. smile There is definitely no pressure to try and do things you don't like or are uncomfortable with (well, at least from the community. Your Dom and Master on the other hand may push you a little, so YMMV (your mileage may vary) on that).
nightwolf714
There is definitely no pressure to try and do things you don't like or are uncomfortable with (well, at least from the community. Your Dom and Master on the other hand may push you a little, so YMMV (your mileage may vary) on that).

Have to disagree with that. Like any community, there's assholes in the BDSM one. I've had people try to pressure me into wearing collars or gags or blindfolds, and the first two are on my Honey, No list--that is, my list of non-negotiable things that I absolutely will not under any circumstances ever consent to. The third is an only if I seriously trust you and know you know me well enough to recognise signs of an oncoming panic attack before I have to safeword.

Needless to say, those people got kicked to the curb pretty quick, but it's either incredibly naive or a lie or both to say that it doesn't happen.
nightwolf714
Hey Rose, I know that the PMs are messing up a little right now. Did you get the messages I sent you?

XxDivin_PecheurxX
Quote:

Oh, the MSN chat-rooms. It was probably a good thing that they took those down. XP Kinda makes me wonder if we met each other on there ever. That would be weird. hehe. sweatdrop

Anyways, you don't have to do all of BDSM. There are fetishes that I'm not into as well. It's all about enjoying what you enjoy. I like to use my new favorite metaphor in that BDSM is like an all-you-can-eat buffet. You can fill your plate of all the delicious stuff you love while leaving behind the yucky stuff. hehe. It's all about individuality and enjoying yourself to the fullest. smile There is definitely no pressure to try and do things you don't like or are uncomfortable with (well, at least from the community. Your Dom and Master on the other hand may push you a little, so YMMV (your mileage may vary) on that).

Haha, definitely a good thing. I was scarred by some of the chats I witnessed. Poor kids today would have probably suffered the same fate XD As for meeting each other, it's possible. Where I first got a taste of BDSM was in the old msn chat room for Anime Roleplay Realm, or ARR. But no doubt, that woudl be some strange stuff.

That's a very good comparison. And yeah I know. I used to rp with this complete master..adn I was pushed a lot. Which is why word to the unaware. "Never get into something you know that will give you hell to get out of."
User Image

Congrats on the new thread. Glad to see that it's still going. heart

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
@ Calixti: I was speaking about the community in general. The jerks I don't even count as real Doms but rather wanna-be's. I never said that these types of people do not exist. But they are the minority and many do not consider them really a part of the lifestyle. So I do not appreciate the "naive or a lie" statement.

Also why I added in YMMV, because some Doms (good ones) do push for someone to do something they are not normally comfortable with. That doesn't make them jerks though.

Devoted Pirate

` B e l o v e d
Are you accepting Mod positions?
Not currently, but when I start college up for the Fall, most definitely.

@ Nigthwolf: Got the PM, hope you got the one I sent back. PM notifications seem to be down, so check your inbox. If not, fixed the typo-s added munch, and will consider a rewording of what you mentioned while I am at work.

@ XxDivin_PecheurxX - I have scooted around rp's in Barton town and the chatter box. I can safely say most don't know what they are talking about when they rp kinked relationships. (I say most because i have seen a few good ones ^_^ ) But then again, rp-ing is fantasy and really not meant to be taken as srs bsns so I try to take them with a grain of salt or two or five... I think rp-ers who then head into the irl kink community get a bit of a culture shock; but don't we all?

@ Calixti - Good for you for sticking to your guns and shame on whoever tried to force you to do something that was on your no-no list. You are right, there are assholes in every community and they need to be dealt with. I also think Nightwolf meant perhaps in an idyllic setting there should be no pressure. We all certianly know assholes show up. wink

6,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
@ Rose: Got it. ^_^

Familiar Citizen

[/lurk] Mm Mmm nothing like that new thread smell. Good luck with running this one Blackrose biggrin [lurk]
Quote:
@ XxDivin_PecheurxX - I have scooted around rp's in Barton town and the chatter box. I can safely say most don't know what they are talking about when they rp kinked relationships. (I say most because i have seen a few good ones ^_^ ) But then again, rp-ing is fantasy and really not meant to be taken as srs bsns so I try to take them with a grain of salt or two or five... I think rp-ers who then head into the irl kink community get a bit of a culture shock; but don't we all?

Well thank goodness for that. I'd be mortified if I found out today's younger generation on gaia already know about what we talk about. D: And I completely agree on that. Quite a big shocker I believe.

Shirtless Informer

Devoted Pirate

Lilith Delost
ninja
like...? We can always add on ^_^ Also, I kept Dom vs a*****e and slave vs doormat short and sweet. I think our problem was we were going into too much detail.

Shirtless Informer

Blackrose_Knight
Lilith Delost
ninja
like...? We can always add on ^_^ Also, I kept Dom vs a*****e and slave vs doormat short and sweet. I think our problem was we were going into too much detail.

Yeah I love it.
I'm still working on a little blurb about contracts and consensual non-consent. I plan to try and keep them short and sweet too, I just need to work on my ramblyness.. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff