Top 0.12185185185185 12.2% [ 329 ]
Bottom 0.33185185185185 33.2% [ 896 ]
Switch 0.28259259259259 28.3% [ 763 ]
Gold! 0.2637037037037 26.4% [ 712 ]
Total Votes:[ 2700 ]

Muscular Kitten

Chieftain Twilight
so, back to BDSM... sweatdrop

I met a leatherworker last night who makes kink gear. at FNM of all places. xd I see him at least once every two weeks, sometimes more often, so I may be able to talk to him some more about his merchandise and his crafting tools. maybe get him to tell me what he uses to make the equipment.
emotion_0A0 I AM SO JEALOUS. You could be our insider, haha! Perhaps ask him if you could video tape a few of his processes? And narrate them?
Asjneoigneg it's so cool that you know a leatherworker <3333

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Calm Ur WH0RE MOANS
Delightful_FOOL
Leather is really difficult to work with. Well, maybe not difficult, just...tedious. A lot of stuff goes in to it and you need a lot of different tools. Especially if you want a stiff leather. It's fun, though. I need to dig out my leather working stuff... lol

If you crochet, there's a ton of stuff you can do with that. One of my favorite necklaces ever is crochet with amethyst spread through out it. It's gorgeous. Would be nice for a subtle or dressy collar. Really isn't good for any practical BDSM use, though.

It always surprises me just how popular Big/little play is. And I really mean no offence by this, but...prepare to put foot in mouth in 3, 2, 1... I just have such an aversion to it that it does make me scratch my head and wonder "Why in the world...?" It's a hard, hard limit for me. Which may seem odd, but I just simply can't. I don't even date older people. Period. Left over remnants from childhood abuse, I guess. Most of the time, it isn't even a thing, but whenever I'm with kinksters (what limited experience I have with other BDSM groups), it seems that everyone is in to Big/little play! lol I hope I didn't offend anyone...
you didn't offend me. For me it's more of the fact that I don't have a good father figure in my life, and through out school I always seemed to be dating the immature boys. Most "big" are mature and have experience, and for one as sub I don't need to be teaching a dom, which actually I find common among those my age. Btw I'm 19

sorry to but in, im new to this thread but im a little too! for me it was becuase i didn't get much of a childhood, i became a big sister at 6 years old to my first sister and helped my mom raise them ever since,now im the oldest of six girls and have two boys of my own, so for me its my escape, it allows me to be fun and silly and cutesie and its all done in a place thats acceptable. I essenually get to be a worrie free kid again, its my confort place. Also i am a sub, and sometimes braty for the fun of it, as far as what ive collected about myself so far the reason i am a sub is i am so in charge of every aspect of my life, from home, to work, to my social life that bdsm and in the bedroom is the one place i can just let go, its the one place i don't have to worrie or make decisions and its a huge stress reliever. then theres the kink in me and i just think that ive always had that because im a highly sexual being. i also like variety and enjoy poly relationships becuase each person serves a different purpose in my life and i never have that feeling that im missing something smile just some of my own thoughts.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx
I never assumed you were a serial killer in the making. Promise smile

Dogs aren't murderers. People are murderers. Cats knock s**t over all the time. *sigh* They're just rude little animals 3nodding
Really? That would be my first thought.

All house pets are rude. They s**t everywhere, drool on you, and eat anything left in reach. Just like people.

Well, seeing as how I train dogs for a living, my personal dogs don't have accidents in the house, don't chew on things they're not supposed to, and can be trusted without supervision. I also choose dogs that aren't prone to drooling blaugh
And a cat that is correctly provided for doesn't do any of those things, either. I have no interest in further conversation with you. Please do not continue quoting me.

I promise she isn't all venom. she's a nice person to talk to, even when she disagrees. besides, you and her really don't seem very different to me.

but I totally agree with you on the tending to kitty cat needs thing. as a cat owner, I ind that a kitty that has it's needs met is very well behaved. cats and dogs just have different needs, after all, and some people are better attuned to the signals of one over the other. I'm a cat person. dogs and I never click. she's a dog person. she'll never understand cats.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Schlachthaus
Chieftain Twilight

I met a leatherworker last night who makes kink gear. at FNM of all places. xd I see him at least once every two weeks, sometimes more often, so I may be able to talk to him some more about his merchandise and his crafting tools. maybe get him to tell me what he uses to make the equipment.
emotion_0A0 I AM SO JEALOUS. You could be our insider, haha! Perhaps ask him if you could video tape a few of his processes? And narrate them?

well, I mean... I know alot of leatherworkers, craftsmen, artists, etcetera... redface was that a particularly impressive thing? I thought everybody knew at least a couple people who make things. for all my lack of position in "normal" society, I've gotten around pretty well in the bohemian scene.

Muscular Kitten

Chieftain Twilight
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx

Dogs aren't murderers. People are murderers. Cats knock s**t over all the time. *sigh* They're just rude little animals 3nodding

All house pets are rude. They s**t everywhere, drool on you, and eat anything left in reach. Just like people.

Well, seeing as how I train dogs for a living, my personal dogs don't have accidents in the house, don't chew on things they're not supposed to, and can be trusted without supervision. I also choose dogs that aren't prone to drooling blaugh
And a cat that is correctly provided for doesn't do any of those things, either. I have no interest in further conversation with you. Please do not continue quoting me.

I promise she isn't all venom. she's a nice person to talk to, even when she disagrees. besides, you and her really don't seem very different to me.

but I totally agree with you on the tending to kitty cat needs thing. as a cat owner, I ind that a kitty that has it's needs met is very well behaved. cats and dogs just have different needs, after all, and some people are better attuned to the signals of one over the other. I'm a cat person. dogs and I never click. she's a dog person. she'll never understand cats.
I'm not even offended, I was just 100% over that conversation. lol

And yes it is impressive. I don't know anyone who makes things. I don't really know anyone, honestly. Don't much care to.
Tell me your secretsss

Animal Healer

Chieftain Twilight
Schlachthaus
Chieftain Twilight

well, I mean... I know alot of leatherworkers, craftsmen, artists, etcetera... redface was that a particularly impressive thing? I thought everybody knew at least a couple people who make things. for all my lack of position in "normal" society, I've gotten around pretty well in the bohemian scene.

It's just a matter of networking or size of your local community! I know people who make floggers, collars, paddles, etc, but I don't think a majority of people know someone with those particular skills . It's always good to know the right people!

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Schlachthaus
Chieftain Twilight
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx
Schlachthaus
xBloodxBathx

I'm not even offended, I was just 100% over that conversation. lol

And yes it is impressive. I don't know anyone who makes things. I don't really know anyone, honestly. Don't much care to.
Tell me your secretsss

I just like to talk to people, especially about their art. it's sort of become a way for me to learn more and meet new people. smile it's my natural hook, I guess.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
xBloodxBathx
Chieftain Twilight
Schlachthaus
Chieftain Twilight

It's just a matter of networking or size of your local community! I know people who make floggers, collars, paddles, etc, but I don't think a majority of people know someone with those particular skills . It's always good to know the right people!

that sounds basically about right. everybody knows somebody, but not everybody knows the same somebodies?
Well, this looks interesting. The conversation seems to meander though.

Animal Healer

Chieftain Twilight

that sounds basically about right. everybody knows somebody, but not everybody knows the same somebodies?

You just have to know the right somebodies. Same goes with skills. My Sir and I know a lot of people in the Lifestyle who are experts with flogs/whips, rope, candles...so we're really grateful for the opportunity to pick their brains, and I'm thrilled that my Sir has quality mentors so that we both enjoy our scenes exponentially more than if we were experimenting on our own.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
xBloodxBathx
Chieftain Twilight

You just have to know the right somebodies. Same goes with skills. My Sir and I know a lot of people in the Lifestyle who are experts with flogs/whips, rope, candles...so we're really grateful for the opportunity to pick their brains, and I'm thrilled that my Sir has quality mentors so that we both enjoy our scenes exponentially more than if we were experimenting on our own.

that is a useful and lucky network. smile I know one person who is pretty great with rope. but she exaggerates just how good. I know a couple Trainers in person. only one still in town, though.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Present day da Vinci

yeah, sometimes. but there are occasional bursts of good long conversation. smile besides, the people here are pretty great, and making friends means having more conversations about off-topic awesomeness!

Animal Healer

Present day da Vinci

Be a conversation starter wink
So I have a thing about wanting to be able to be Dom/sub in public, but not wanting to make other people unwilling spectators in our private lives. Do you fine folk have Dom/sub (or whatever dynamic is for you) things you do out and about don't disturb the general population?

...That may or may not have been written in a confusing manner. Sorry.

Animal Healer

Mystic White Raven
So I have a thing about wanting to be able to be Dom/sub in public, but not wanting to make other people unwilling spectators in our private lives. Do you fine folk have Dom/sub (or whatever dynamic is for you) things you do out and about don't disturb the general population?

...That may or may not have been written in a confusing manner. Sorry.

Most of my interactions with my Sir/boyfriend are D/s. It's all about dynamic. He tells me when I can't have any more sweet tea, when we need to leave, what I can and cannot buy, etc. I don't know what your interpretation of D/s is though if you're having a hard time being Dom/sub in public without forcing people to be spectators.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff