Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
1) What words should I avoid using during an interview?
"My long-term goals are death and destruction sown across the land."
"My desire to work here is motivated by the acquisition of your Earth moneys and doubles as a form of covert research into the behaviors of your species."
"No, I do not have any questions for you."
2) What words should I use during an interview?
Honestly, depends on who's interviewing you and what they're asking.
3) Tips to help me stand out among others.
Just try to convince them that you are Apollo the Sun God and they will have Apollo the Sun God as an employee if they hire you.
4) Posture, Should I sit as straight as possible or have a more relaxed position.
Have a position that is polite while still feeling natural.
5) Is there anything special I should do for a group interview?
Don't copy other people; don't say "I agree with x" unless you're gonna add something else to make it sound even better than the first person did.

Shirtless Werewolf

-----------------------------------------------------------User Image-vworp vworp----

Use your basic common sense. That may sound too easy, but it helps you more than you know. Imagine you're being brought to a girlfriend/boyfriend's parents. How would you act around them to make a first impression? Dress nice, but don't go overboard. Same with your speaking -- don't fancy your conversation too much. Answer their questions in a straight forward manner -- don't be vague about it. Smell nice, that may sound silly and 'duh', but -- bathe. Hygiene. Etc.

A good handshake and eye contact is always a great plus. At the beginning and end. Also, ask questions of your own about the company -- it shows that you show genuine interest in the job for the job and not just for the paycheck it supplies you.

--hello sexy---

Bashful Bookworm

Fashionable Ladykiller

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Signature Look 250
******** SMILE AND ACT LIKE THE BEST PERSON ON THE PLANET, DIPSHIT.

I just came back from a job interview tonight and I'm starting my second job next Wednesday! B] I'm a two-job ***** now. Ain't got time to ******** around now.

Pure-hearted Snowflake

xiatara
Don't listen to GoddessDivine.
If this is going to be a group interview, you would want to stand out. Since this is retail, you'll want to be out-going and overly assertive, but not rude. Smile and be friendly.

There will be questions related to customer service.
"If a customer asked you for help, what would you do?"
"Describe how you would handle a customer's complaint."

And there may be questions to sell a certain product.
When my cousin did a group interview for bath and body works, the interviewer told each of them to pull an item and then sell it to her.
Everyone grabbed smaller things that were easier to sell. My cousin grabbed the biggest gift basket full of items. She got the job.

It's okay to laugh and to be yourself. However, if "yourself" is shy and non-responsive and timid, then don't be yourself. Act like you are out-going.

When I got an interview to get into the xray program, the counselor saw that I was timid and shy. She told me straight up, "If you are shy, act like you aren't. It's 20 mins. Act like you are out-going. Smile. Laugh. It's going to be you and ten people in one room shooting questions at you one by one. They want to see how you deal under pressure."

Thank you very much >w< this is very helpfull

Pure-hearted Snowflake

GoddessDivine
Be careful in the way you try to stand out. You don't want to draw negative attention to yourself or look narcissistic. But do be your best self and most confident self. You just don't want them to think you're an attention seeker.

Respectful, but not too stiff. Friendly, but not overly familiar. And breathe, you're going to be just fine.
thank you for your good advice :>

Eloquent Conversationalist

xiatara
If this is going to be a group interview, you would want to stand out. Since this is retail, you'll want to be out-going and overly assertive, but not rude. Smile and be friendly.

When my cousin did a group interview for bath and body works, the interviewer told each of them to pull an item and then sell it to her.
Everyone grabbed smaller things that were easier to sell. My cousin grabbed the biggest gift basket full of items. She got the job.

It's okay to laugh and to be yourself. However, if "yourself" is shy and non-responsive and timid, then don't be yourself. Act like you are out-going.

When I got an interview to get into the xray program, the counselor saw that I was timid and shy. She told me straight up, "If you are shy, act like you aren't. It's 20 mins. Act like you are out-going. Smile. Laugh. It's going to be you and ten people in one room shooting questions at you one by one. They want to see how you deal under pressure."

Thanks for bringing my phrasing to my attention. I meant stand out in a negative light or be too narcissistic. I'll re-write my post.

Monsieur Ravenwood
Tip 1. Don't eat the Interviewer.

Tip 2. Use the words "YO HOMIE~"

Tip 3. Wear a rainbow colored suit with mime makeup

Tip 4. Squat on the chair like you are in dire need of the bathroom.

Tip 5. If it is a group interview then make sudden and random yelps for help to show you are one of the helpful ones.

Do all of this and you shall have the job I'm 101% sure.
Oh be nice. :p

Be careful in the way you try to stand out. You don't want to draw negative attention to yourself or look narcissistic. But do be your best self and most confident self. You just don't want them to think you're an attention seeker.

Respectful, but not too stiff. Friendly, but not overly familiar. And breathe, you're going to be just fine.

Pure-hearted Snowflake

Monsieur Ravenwood

Tip 5. If it is a group interview then make sudden and random yelps for help to show you are one of the helpful ones.

User Image Sounds good !Will do. emotion_yatta

Shadowy Consumer

5,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pure-hearted Snowflake

Bump yum_puddi

Pure-hearted Snowflake

Hello there, I have my very first job interview tomorrow and in need of some tips :3.

It is a group interview to Kohl's so I may be competing with 6~10 other people at the same time.

Anything will do but here's kinda what I am curious about

1) What words should I avoid using during an interview?

2) What words should I use during an interview?

3) Tips to help me stand out among others.

4) Posture, Should I sit as straight as possible or have a more relaxed position.

5) Is there anything special I should do for a group interview?

heart ~Thank you amazing people ahead of time ~ heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces