Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rena626
And they were pretty upset.
It's not that I don't want to get married,
I just don't want a legal marriage.
I want to buy fireworks and have a bonfire with lots of friends and dancing and such.
More like a celebration of love or something.
And exchange rings we each made for each other.
I don't know.
I just don't know why the traditional thing sounds all that great.
I mean, I'm only 16. There is the chance that I'll change my mind in the future.
I'm not against marriage. It seems pretty cool and everyones happy.
I just don't think its for me.
And my parents won't accept that.

I think you're confusing legal marriage as being synonymous with traditional weddings.

Dainty Doll

At 16, you're much too young to be making decisions like that; like you said, you might change your mind when you get older.
So what's the big deal?

I thought the same when I was 16, before I realised that the legal benefits and rights were way too important to pass up.
wth? you are only 16, why
are your parents upset that
you don't want to get married??
you have your whole life ahead
of you... you should not even be
thinking of marriage at your age
and lets be honest, most people
will change what they want between
16 years old and 20... so i guess
i just don't understand why they
are upset...? confused

The Kasuka's Prince

Sparkly Phantom

Seraii Squee
Rena626
I love my parents though.
I just want them to come to accept the fact I don't want the tradtional marriage for myself.

Sometimes parents just don't accept things?
Honestly, love, I really cannot give you any advice on how to make your parents accept your views.
Like I said, they may have some underlying issue about the way you want your wedding to be.

First off, are your parents religious? If so what religion and what sect?

my family isn't really that religious at all.

@raech/ you should read my entire post before coming up with a reaction.
Since you discriminate upon age and obviously you must be decades older than I am
you must be smart enough to form a conclusion about my life without knowing and completley understanding the entire subject.
Rena626
Seraii Squee
Rena626
I just want them to come to accept the fact I don't want the tradtional marriage for myself.

Honestly, love, I really cannot give you any advice on how to make your parents accept your views.
Like I said, they may have some underlying issue about the way you want your wedding to be.

Since you discriminate upon age and obviously you must be decades older than I am
you must be smart enough to form a conclusion about my life without knowing and completley understanding the entire subject.

what??? what the hell is your deal?
i read your first ******** post. you said
you are 16, i said i don't understand why
anyone would make a big deal out of a
16 year old getting married, since it isn't
something you should be worried about
at 16. how the hell did i discriminate
against your age? how did i form any
conclusions? parents shouldn't take all
your ideas as ultimate truth because
people DO change their minds. so i
don't understand why they are upset, that
is all i said... i don't understand what the
hell your problem is with my post?
thats cool. I guess everyone has a wish wedding. Mine envolve chariots and collars instead of rings. You probalby will though. My friend didn't want kids until she meet these guy, now I've got her up to 2 kids at max 3nodding
don't worry I swear stuff will get uprooted by something one of these days exclaim
your parents have to deal with stuff like that, like mine did.
I don't want to be another doctor I want to be a chef. Big different right? but now they're cool as long as I kill the competion (they're competitive sweatdrop )
Upset? How odd.

Your idea of a union sounds way more interesting than a dull church service and excruciating reception.

Seriously, at least it would be more memorable for everyone involved.

The Kasuka's Prince

Sparkly Phantom

Raech is Outrageous
Rena626
Seraii Squee
Rena626

what??? what the hell is your deal?
i read your first ******** post. you said
you are 16, i said i don't understand why
anyone would make a big deal out of a
16 year old getting married, since it isn't
something you should be worried about
at 16. how the hell did i discriminate
against your age? how did i form any
conclusions? parents shouldn't take all
your ideas as ultimate truth because
people DO change their minds. so i
don't understand why they are upset, that
is all i said... i don't understand what the
hell your problem is with my post?

your response is pretty immature.
fighting on the interweb is pretty low...
but i mentioned that since i am only 16 there is a chance of me changing my mind.
clearly your mind skipped that bit.
Sounds fun to me. Why not just have a little service with a priest and do celebration stuff like that later?
you should to what u want
a wedding ceremony and getting a marriage license are two different things entirely
why dont you like to be married thats odd you should be married everyone should be married if you love someone marry him heart heart heart heart heart heart
My aunt never married, she said "There's no way i'm getting married and letting him some man all my money." Which is pretty smart of her because she's loaded now. As is my other uncle, my dad was the only brother who had kids.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

It confuses me that people keep saying "you can get married and still have a big party like that". confused I have never wanted to get married. Decided that when I was younger than you and still haven't changed my mind. I don't see why my love for another person has anything to do with anyone else, especially the state. I realise that there are special rights accorded over and above de facto partnerships that I may decide, in the future, are important enough for some form of civil union.

I still think it's total bollocks. If I love someone and they love me, why would I need to do anything to prove it? I think NOT getting married is greater evidence of commitment, as there's no need to chain yourself to the other person. You know they're not going anywhere. wink

If people want to get married, good for them, but I'll never understand it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff