Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Tree

We all have to move house sometime in our life.

I have very little time to pick up and move. I feel like I'm forgetting tons of things.
Whether I stay in this country or leave - I have to move.

So, tell me, what was the longest distance away from "home" that you've ever moved?
How many times have you moved in your life?
Did you move for a lifestyle or a job? (or stay to maintain a lifestyle...?)
Ever forgotten anything really important after moving? (like forgetting to pay the last month's utilities? what happened?)
Ever move back to your parents?
thewaitingtree

Oh, jeez...I forgot about your job situation changing. What will you be doing now? Are you moving out of Seoul now?

So, tell me, what was the longest distance away from "home" that you've ever moved?

I'm not sure, I guess around 600-700 miles.

Around six or seven times. Exhausting, upsetting, and exhilarating all at once.

Yes, that's how I ended up here. Was working with a company division that moved from the city to a far-flung suburb. I moved to a small town near there...and then the division folded. Have my own business now, and I work remotely most of the time.

Ever forgotten anything really important after moving? (like forgetting to pay the last month's utilities? what happened?)
Hmm...not that I remember, no.

No.

Magical Tree

a bottle of war

Oh, jeez...I forgot about your job situation changing. What will you be doing now? Are you moving out of Seoul now?

I'm not sure, I guess around 600-700 miles.

Around six or seven times. Exhausting, upsetting, and exhilarating all at once.

Yes, that's how I ended up here. Was working with a company division that moved from the city to a far-flung suburb. I moved to a small town near there...and then the division folded. Have my own business now, and I work remotely most of the time.

Hmm...not that I remember, no.

No.

Back to the States for now. I don't really want to work at academy (bad hours, no vacation days, only half of the holidays, little to no support from coworkers). Was offered a position in a small town 3 hours away from Seoul. Not too tempting to me.

It sounds like you've gone through a lot. Really sucks about the company folding like that. But I hope you are enjoying your business.

I completely get you on the upsetting and exhausting bit. I'm trying to find the exhilaration. I hope that part comes.
thewaitingtree

Back to the States for now. I don't really want to work at academy (bad hours, no vacation days, only half of the holidays, little to no support from coworkers). Was offered a position in a small town 3 hours away from Seoul. Not too tempting to me.

I remember. Was the position in the country with an academy or doing something else? Sounds like you could see a different side of SK there.

I just ask because...well, inertia seems to have played a huge part in my life so far.

If this was me, I would go back to the States and end never making it back...your mileage might vary, of course. biggrin
I don't know where "home" is, but the furthest distance I moved was from Saskatoon to Ottawa when I was 12.

Nine times I think.

Mostly it was because of my parents, but recently moved for school/for my boyfriend's job.

Nope.

Once, just for a month when I was 21 or 22 or something. Never wanted to - I really don't get along with my mom when I live with her.
An hour away.

12 times total and probably a lot more as I age

No, but maybe some day I will

A pair of shoes that got eaten by my dog sad

No I actually just left my Mother's home for the first time
The longest distance I've moved is a little more than 4000km.
I've lived in eight cities in my life, but I've moved between two of these cities numerous times and I've also changed houses in these cities.
I've always moved for work or school. When I was young we moved quite a bit for my mom's work and now I move a lot for my work and school.
Fortunately it hasn't happened yet.
I moved back to live with my mom last summer for four months, but that was just because I wasn't taking any courses and I didn't want to pay for rent. I always spend holidays with my mom and half of my things are at her house, in my bedroom there.

Invisible Lunatic

I've lived in one house my whole life. My family is boring.

Tipsy Kitten

what was the longest distance away from "home" that you've ever moved?
I currently live about 400 miles away from home.

When I lived with my parents I had never moved.
Since moving out on my own I've moved 7 times. I move every couple months.

Lifestyle and college. I hated living in a small town. I've always loved this city and it's always been my dream to live here.

So far the only thing important I've left behind was an autographed LP by my favorite band and when I called the previous roommates she told me she "couldn't find it" bullshit

so far no.
Plan not to.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
thewaitingtree

I have very little time to pick up and move. I feel like I'm forgetting tons of things.
170 km by road.

Uh. Let's see. 13 times.
1983, 1984, 1986 - moved to a nearby areas with my parents.
1992 - dad moved out
1998 - mom moved away
2000 - dad moves
2001 - mom moved again
2002x3 - move to other city to study. Live second hand in two different apartments, two months at a time each. (Very stressful!) Then move back in with mom.
2003 - Get a job, move to my own place.
2010 - move to new city for 4th year of uni.
2012 - run out of money, move back in with my mom.

I also temp rented a place during the summer of 2013 for a job, but that wasn't my main place I lived.

I've moved for school, and due to economy. Half of my moves were with my parents.

Not really... lost friends of course.

Yeah, twice. Once dropping out first semester of uni, and once when I ran out of money while studying my 9th semester of uni. It kinda sucked, but it could've been worse.

Wealthy Hoarder

Quote:

1 We moved to Germany and back.

2. Six times.

3. Dad moved for a job so I could go and get a high school education. Public school said I was "Too stupid" to learn. (move to Germany)

4. The biggest thing I forgot was a 20 dollar collection agency.

5. Never moved out in the first place.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Nooooooooo

Agh. I am sad about this.

*solidarity*

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Twice.

Moved from living with my grandmother to a house that was 10 minutes away. Then we moved again from Pennsylvania to Missouri.

My parents are moving to Georgia in a few months, and, depending on what my options are, I plan to stay in Missouri full-year starting next year.

Spoopy Kitten

I started living on my own with my boyfriend mid 2014. Before then, i lived with my mom and dad. After their divorce, i lived with my mom. Ive moved around 13+ times total. Ive lost count since theyve also moved a few times when i was a baby

From illinois to south carolina / From south carolina to illinois. Moved to SC for three years, then moved back

13+ times

Dads job. He has and always was, an accountant neutral

Being underage all those times, no. The worst thing i forgot was my friends phone number and had to wait for them to contact me instead of me contacting them

I will never do that now that im out of the house
thewaitingtree

So you didn't get rehired as a teacher huh?

Too bad those budget cuts ended up chopping your job.

So are you going to stay in Japan or what?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff