Welcome to Gaia! ::

Discus:
Is being mono or poly a choice?
Yes,as is most things in our life,I do believe you choose to favor one over the other.

Are you a monogamist or a polygamist? Why?
Oh I am full on monogamist and will NOT have it any other way. I can only dedicate myself to my one man and only him.

If you are monogamous, do you feel the need to "fight every day in your relationship" to stay monogamous to your partner?
Temptation is going to be every where, I'm not going to pretend it isnt. But at the end of the day you choose to look around for someone els to toy around with until it becomes cheating.
Just depends on your boyfriend or girlfriend and their morals.

If so, why dont you try out polygamy? Have you thought about it?
HELL NO! I will never do that. Nope,never want many people only one.
some people are lucky if they just have one significant other. it's not really a battle everyday. or the battle would just be keeping their one partner vs not having anyone at all.

emo
xChibi Cannibalx
I was reading something on reddit when i came across a comment that said "Monogamy is a choice. If you choose to be a monogamist you must fight for that every day while in a relationship." The topic i was reading about was about cheating, not mono or poly relationships

But, i never saw being poly or being mono much of a choice for a person. I know for my self personally, i could never be in a serious poly relationship. I wouldnt feel right, and i know id be jealous or overwhelmed with multiple people in my relationship. And ive got a friend who feels similarly about being poly. She feels weird if she cannot have more than one serious partner, and found herself getting easily irritated and upset when she was in a monogamous relationship

I also dont see why, if you were monogamous, youd have to battle urges to be with other people. If you have those urges, you should talk to your partner about them and possibly open the relationship. I know a lot of people in relationships have those urges to be with others and even have crushes on people, but i dont and thats why i dont understand 'the battle' or why they dont just open their relationship

Discus:
If you are monogamous, do you feel the need to "fight every day in your relationship" to stay monogamous to your partner?
- If so, why dont you try out polygamy? Have you thought about it?

Well, unless you live in a small area in Utah, you can't be a polygamist anyway, because polygamy is illegal. You mean polyamorous.

Anyway, as for your questions, for some it is a choice, for others its not, There are those who are monogamous, by choice, because they could also be in an open relationship if the one they were in were set up that way. Yes i am a monogamist, and no i don't feel any struggle in it because i have no interest in anyone else.
Quote:

I am inclined to say both yes and no. I have heard of poly people staying mono for their partners and being happy, as much as I have with poly people being unable in mono relationships. And on the reverse, I have heard of mono people who tolerate opening half of the relationship for their poly partner and half not. So I would say that while being monogamous or poly amorous is not a choice regarding how you are wired as an individual, there is the choice whether to act on it or not.

Quote:

Monogamist. Why? Because I just am. I have never felt happy at the idea of sharing my other half, and he thinks the same.

Quote:

Not in the slightest. I am perfectly happy and completely satisfied with my boyfriend, why would I need to go elsewhere?

Quote:

N/A. It is not something that either of us would consider and both of us consider it a deal-breaker. ⊱
Polygamy is more natural. The idea of limiting oneself to only one mate is a pscyhological construct. The preference of either comes down to the individual and it depends entirely on what the people are looking for from their mates.
I don't have an issue being faithful to my partner. My partners have issues being faithful to me though. crying

Lavish Loiterer

freelance lover
Is being mono or poly a choice? I mean, I guess so in the sense that you choose to commit to one person or many people. Perhaps people have preferences, but some people prefer vanilla to chocolate. I don't know that'd I'd call chocolate preference a choice though.

Are you a monogamist or a polygamist? Why? Monogamist. The idea of an open relationship just isn't appealing to me. I'm happy having one partner.

If you are monogamous, do you feel the need to "fight every day in your relationship" to stay monogamous to your partner? Not really. If you're fighting every day for your relationship so you don't stray from your partner, it's probably not a very good relationship in the first place.

If so, why dont you try out polygamy? Have you thought about it? Not really. With sex in particular, I'm somewhat conservative in my own practices. I suppose under the right circumstances I could be interested in it, but it's generally unappealing to me.
I'm tempted to view this argument in the lens of sexual orientation. For some people, it just feels more natural to be in a polygamous relationship. For most people, probably not. There's always the choice factor when it comes to whether or not they act on these natural impulses, but overall I think it's like a personality trait, not really something you try for the hell of it.

Griffin Kaige's Husband

Yobyaxes R
I kinda would like to see a girl that has a boyfriend and swings with a bunch of different guys, but is totally against the idea of her boyfriend going out with other women.

My sister is like that. My response to her the first time she told me that was 'What in the hell is wrong with you? you want to ******** around but you think he has to be faithful?" I then asked our mother if my sister was dropped on her head as a child.

Golden Gekko

Obviously it can be, but I think we have a disposition that wants one or the other. For example, I could make the choice to have a poly relationship, but that wouldn't make me happy. I like being committed to one person and having that special, intimate bond.

No. I'm not a crazy, sex-driven person that is looking at everyone as a possible mate. I think that attitude is obviously coming from someone who isn't disposed to being monogomous.

I like the special intimate relationship of being just committed to my boyfriend. I don't want another guy in my life. I would be extremely jealous if my boyfriend had another girlfriend. I would always interrnally be comparing myself to her and feeling crappy that my boyfriend might love her more than me. I want to be loved by one man that loves only me. Maybe it's a bit too "fairytale" style, but it's what I want. And no. I haven't really thought about it because I know myself well enough.
-I wouldn't say it is.

-Monogamous. It is just the way I am.

-No. My partner and I love each other very much. He and I work very well together, and neither of us have had any temptation to cheat. He has never given me a reason to be jealous or distrusting of him. He works very hard for all of us, and when he isn't working, he gives us his time. He is the most dedicated person I have ever seen, and he is a very loving, kind, and gentle person. It is amazing, and it would be insanity to question someone's faith to you when he does so much for you.

Enduring Phantom

I think being monogamous is a choice but that most people are actually poly in their hearts
Yobyaxes R
I kinda would like to see a girl that has a boyfriend and swings with a bunch of different guys, but is totally against the idea of her boyfriend going out with other women.

right here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces