Welcome to Gaia! ::

69hottest punk69

Help your spouse carry any packages or bundles to make it easier for him to salute.

I wonder. Does this apply if you happen to be using any sort of walking device or say... 8 months pregnant?
TriumphantChaos
69hottest punk69

Help your spouse carry any packages or bundles to make it easier for him to salute.

I wonder. Does this apply if you happen to be using any sort of walking device or say... 8 months pregnant?

Heh heh heh. I wonder too. I should ask the lady.
Avis-yam
69hottest punk69
Avis-yam
So would all these rules still apply with the wife in the military and the husband at home? o_o

I asked the same thing of the woman who thought she was being kind by giving me the list. She gave me the list so I wouldn't embarrass her for being my friend, or embarrass my husband. She just sputtered and began looking blank as she walked off.

That's ridiculous. I'm sure not all military wives are as elitist as that one. She seems like she's behind a few decades on equality.

Yes, she was quite older than me. I'd say she was in her mid 30's.
lol

i'm an army wife and i've seen that before.
and i will tell you a lot of wives don't do a
lot of those things.

however, i do try to conduct myself in an
appropriate manner in public. i don't want
to embarrass my husband or have him
make a bad impression on someone b/c
of me.

some of those are really important, imo to
follow... it's not considered professional to
show a lot of PDA for example when he is
in uniform, but if he is in civvies, i don't see
the problem with it.
SinfulGuillotine
I can understand the stuff regarding more formal military ceremonies and whatnot, as well as how to behave around your husband's superiors, but the rest of it seems like a load of bullshit.

Yes, it mostly is. Now say if we were at a real formal military banquet, I would behave as I learned to do in Navy JROTC, back in highschool.
Raech is Outrageous
lol

i'm an army wife and i've seen that before.
and i will tell you a lot of wives don't do a
lot of those things.

however, i do try to conduct myself in an
appropriate manner in public. i don't want
to embarrass my husband or have him
make a bad impression on someone b/c
of me.

some of those are really important, imo to
follow... it's not considered professional to
show a lot of PDA for example when he is
in uniform, but if he is in civvies, i don't see
the problem with it.

Yes, I guess the reason I'm so pressured about it all is I just moved to a real close-knit community of nothing but navy wives.
Don't you know? It's not manly to push your own child's stroller!

Some of those rules are so horribly sexist. I especially think it's obnoxious how they think they can dictate how you and your husband behave around each other. You can't even hold hands? What the ******** is that?
deathpixie

Some of those rules are so horribly sexist. I especially think it's obnoxious how they think they can dictate how you and your husband behave around each other. You can't even hold hands? What the ******** is that?

Lol, yes thank you.
deathpixie

but you can link elbows, lol
you know, like hang on his
arm. that is what i do. :}

as far as it being unmanly
to push a baby's stroller, what
would they say about my
husband who wears our baby? rofl
69hottest punk69
Anyways, So I am a Navy wife in training. My husband is in the USA Navy, and I was wondering about the proper ettiquettes of being a navy wife, especially since other navy wive's looked at me like I was an embarassment, so here is a list of their "do's and don'ts" that they expect me to comply with. Post what you think.

Do:

Walk on your husband’s left side so he can salute others.
I can do that.

Refer to your spouse by his first name or nickname, or as “my husband.” Do not refer to your husband as “Capt. Smith” or “the Captain.”
I can also do that.

Stand at a public function or ceremony when the senior officer enters and is announced. This applies to everyone in attendance.
I can do this too.

Offer your husband an umbrella in the rain, but only if it’s black. He’s not allowed to carry any other color.
er...no, he should offer it to me, isn't that the way gentleman are supposed to behave?

Push the baby carriage or stroller so your spouse doesn’t have to. It’s considered “unmilitary” to do so while in uniform.
Um, I will, but so will he. Its our baby, not just mine.

(Are you wondering if a man made up these rules so that wives would have to do all the heavy lifting?)
...again, what about the gentleman way?

Don’t:

Show public displays of affection, except at homecomings and goodbyes. This includes kissing and holding hands.
Hell no ******** way, I love my husband and everyone will see it.

Offer your spouse a piece of gum. It is not “military” for him to chew it. The same goes for smoking while in uniform.
I'll offer him gum if he needs it.

Allow him to put his hands in his pockets unless he is placing or retrieving an item.
why not?

Refer to your husband’s orders as “our orders” unless you are a service member yourself.
Okay, thats cool

Offer him food or drink while he’s walking. He should not be eating, drinking or using a cell phone while walking in uniform.
lol, umm, ridiculous

Refer to others in the service as “sir” or “ma’am,” even if your spouse does. Refer to them by their rank and last name (“Capt. Smith”).
like I'd remember their rank...

Allow your child to wear your spouse’s uniform for Halloween. Uniforms bearing insignia, badges and tabs should be worn only by authorized personnel.
Thats fine with me.

Oh and yeah, I'm not supposed to call myself a military wife, or a navy wife...I am a spouse, and I am not allowed to call my husband, my husband... he is my spouse. But I say hell no, I'll call him my husband simply because I didn't marry no damn woman. I married a man, a "husband"

And no, this is not a remark against gay marriages, because I do approve of loving who you love.

You have to follow it he has to have his right hand free at all times so he can salute higher ranks he can not push a stroller or carry the child outside if he is inside he can because it is very nonmilitary of an officer to do. all ways were something formal do not kiss him in public display unless he is leaving on a mission or returning. he can carry items but right hand has to stay free. he can NOT have his hands in his pocket or have is arms crossed or chew gun while in uniform because it is disrespectful and is unformal the country loooks up to him he has to have a positive posture. And you child can NEVER wear the uniform the kid isn't military personal.Offer him food or drink while he’s walking. He should not be eating, drinking or using a cell phone while walking in uniform. disrespectful.
by now you are wondering how i now this and to tell you the truth i an raised by military rules and i am a army cadet.
Dustin1994
69hottest punk69
Anyways, So I am a Navy wife in training. My husband is in the USA Navy, and I was wondering about the proper ettiquettes of being a navy wife, especially since other navy wive's looked at me like I was an embarassment, so here is a list of their "do's and don'ts" that they expect me to comply with. Post what you think.

Do:

I can do that.

Refer to your spouse by his first name or nickname, or as “my husband.” Do not refer to your husband as “Capt. Smith” or “the Captain.”
I can also do that.

Stand at a public function or ceremony when the senior officer enters and is announced. This applies to everyone in attendance.
I can do this too.

Offer your husband an umbrella in the rain, but only if it’s black. He’s not allowed to carry any other color.
er...no, he should offer it to me, isn't that the way gentleman are supposed to behave?

Push the baby carriage or stroller so your spouse doesn’t have to. It’s considered “unmilitary” to do so while in uniform.

(Are you wondering if a man made up these rules so that wives would have to do all the heavy lifting?)

Don’t:

Show public displays of affection, except at homecomings and goodbyes. This includes kissing and holding hands.

Offer your spouse a piece of gum. It is not “military” for him to chew it. The same goes for smoking while in uniform.

Allow him to put his hands in his pockets unless he is placing or retrieving an item.
why not?

Refer to your husband’s orders as “our orders” unless you are a service member yourself.
Okay, thats cool

Offer him food or drink while he’s walking. He should not be eating, drinking or using a cell phone while walking in uniform.
lol, umm, ridiculous

Refer to others in the service as “sir” or “ma’am,” even if your spouse does. Refer to them by their rank and last name (“Capt. Smith”).

Allow your child to wear your spouse’s uniform for Halloween. Uniforms bearing insignia, badges and tabs should be worn only by authorized personnel.
Thats fine with me.

Oh and yeah, I'm not supposed to call myself a military wife, or a navy wife...I am a spouse, and I am not allowed to call my husband, my husband... he is my spouse. But I say hell no, I'll call him my husband simply because I didn't marry no damn woman. I married a man, a "husband"

And no, this is not a remark against gay marriages, because I do approve of loving who you love.

You have to follow it he has to have his right hand free at all times so he can salute higher ranks he can not push a stroller or carry the child outside if he is inside he can because it is very nonmilitary of an officer to do. all ways were something formal do not kiss him in public display unless he is leaving on a mission or returning. he can carry items but right hand has to stay free. he can NOT have his hands in his pocket or have is arms crossed or chew gun while in uniform because it is disrespectful and is unformal the country loooks up to him he has to have a positive posture. And you child can NEVER wear the uniform the kid isn't military personal.Offer him food or drink while he’s walking. He should not be eating, drinking or using a cell phone while walking in uniform. disrespectful.
by now you are wondering how i now this and to tell you the truth i an raised by military rules and i am a army cadet.

Umm, how so? Because in the army they literally do sit you down and teach you your alphabet, and your 123's. So how is it you made it to be a cadet without learning how to spell?

And those rules are outdated. Having his right hand free, thats fine. But I won't be carrying his package. No kissing or holding hands in public? Posh. I'll hold his hand wherever I please, or touch him wherever I please. As well, pushing the stroller? You just said the country looks up to him and if our soldiers don't love they're own kids, why should anyone else? And if our soldiers don't love their wives, why would anyone love their wives?
And, Dustin1994, I'm sure 1994 is your birth year, and son, they don't allow children in the Army.
69hottest punk69
Dustin1994
69hottest punk69

Do:

I can do that.

I can also do that.

I can do this too.

Don’t:

why not?

Okay, thats cool

lol, umm, ridiculous

Thats fine with me.

Umm, how so? Because in the army they literally do sit you down and teach you your alphabet, and your 123's. So how is it you made it to be a cadet without learning how to spell?

And those rules are outdated. Having his right hand free, thats fine. But I won't be carrying his package. No kissing or holding hands in public? Posh. I'll hold his hand wherever I please, or touch him wherever I please. As well, pushing the stroller? You just said the country looks up to him and if our soldiers don't love they're own kids, why should anyone else? And if our soldiers don't love their wives, why would anyone love their wives?

hey, not everyone is ace at spelling. that
doesn't make the guy stupid... he is right
about a lot of things, it IS considered disrespectful
and unprofessional to do a lot of the things on the
list. although i'm in agreement with you that he should
be able to push a stroller, it doesn't take a genius to
take one hand off the stroller to salute...

but you also have to remember, your husband doesn't
belong to you, he is government property. you could
even technically get in trouble for giving him a hickie
for 'destroying government property'.
Raech is Outrageous
69hottest punk69
Dustin1994
69hottest punk69

Do:

I can do that.

I can also do that.

I can do this too.

Don’t:

why not?

Okay, thats cool

lol, umm, ridiculous

Thats fine with me.

hey, not everyone is ace at spelling. that
doesn't make the guy stupid... he is right
about a lot of things, it IS considered disrespectful
and unprofessional to do a lot of the things on the
list. although i'm in agreement with you that he should
be able to push a stroller, it doesn't take a genius to
take one hand off the stroller to salute...

but you also have to remember, your husband doesn't
belong to you, he is government property. you could
even technically get in trouble for giving him a hickie
for 'destroying government property'.

Heh, I'd like to see the man who tries to stop me. And I'd like to see the headline news after that. "woman fined or jailed for giving her husband a hickey".

No, my husband doesn't belong to me, no human does. But he is my husband before he is a soldier, and he'll tell them that himself.

Dapper Dabbler

You have to realize that your husband, just like anyone else in the military, has certain standards he needs to live up to.
69hottest punk69

Do:

I can do that.

I can also do that.

I can do this too.

Your husband is fighting for you and your countrys freedom, least you could do is offer him an umbrella in the rain. He has enough things in his mind =P Trust me.

Um, no he won't while he is in uniform. Military comes before the wife. Sorry to break it to you. He also can't walk on base while he's talking on his cell phone. This is just one of those rules where it can distract the soldier from noticing if a uniformed officer that he needs to salute is walking by.

This has nothing to do with him being a gentleman. If he has to salute then he has to drop whatever he's doing or whatever he has in his hand to salute. It is considered extremely rude and will never be tolerated in the military. Want some broken eggs, then let him carry the bags, but he's not supposed to be carrying bags in his right hand at all =/ Not while he's uniformed.

Don’t:

You're going to have to live with this. Hugs are okay but thats as far as it can go. He won't let you do this if he's a good military man and if you are caught doing this he could get a fine, or even demoted. Lots of people, like me, find it rude to kiss and hold hands in a public place. It makes everyone else uncomfortable, or at least a lot of people. Therefore it cannot be done in uniform.

Feel free to offer it. He can't chew it in the military while he's in uniform. The military has very high standards for its soldiers. Last time you went to walmart and the person that was helping you out was chewing gum or eating something didn't it annoy you? Well now you just have to realize that instead of it being a customer thats annoyed its his boss =/

why not?
Military uniform pockets are not there to hold things. Nothing goes in the front pocket and only a wallet can go in the back pocket. Theres actually a small place for a pen too =P

Okay, thats cool

lol, umm, ridiculous
Not ridiculous at all. Lots of accidents happen on bases from people being distracted. Last thing the military wants to do is pay you his insurance money because he was busy on his cell phone and got hit by a car =/

Ranks are actually really easy, but unless the guy has a shiny rank insignia or a lot of lines on his rank you don't really have to worry about it. Most people are laid back enough to not care =P Once you learn the ranks though, which you will, it'll be simple enough and is considered proper etiquette.

Thats fine with me.

I hate to rain on your parade but the military will always come before you, that also includes the rules. No matter how much you hate them. But remember most of them only count while he's in uniform, and he won't be in uniform all of the time =P So its really not a huge deal to worry about. I'm ex army and am going into the Marines so you can feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

>> PS this is Teacup Rabbit's boyfriend =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces