wife 0.2770137524558 27.7% [ 423 ]
husband 0.079240340537001 7.9% [ 121 ]
Total Votes:[ 1527 ]

High-functioning Smoker

9,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
  • Gaian 50
Yay for military wife-dom and what-not! ^_^ I'm Jo, Navy wife since August 2nd, 2013. Our marriage was a court-house in Great Lakes. XD And about the same as some of the recent posts. "Wanna get married when you come down here baby?" "-Insert loud expletive- YEAH!" "Okay I'm booking your flight."

Interesting Prophet

14,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
This is beautiful . literally brought tears to my eyes. any military wives that need support . I know what its like to being thrown into a whole new life style. til this day I will agree that the only other woman or male who will understand are those who have been there heart my soldier

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Just Jo Ann and i am 420~
Hiii!! Welcome!

Other~
OH MY GOSH YESTERDAY WAS AMAZING. The wedding parlour at the court house is just beautiful and so intimate...we only had our families and one friend there and it was just perfect. I cannot believe I am now married!!!! Everything really did work out amazingly. And my older sister's gift to us(mostly me, to be honest) actually made me cry. She gave me a gold picture fame that is just truly beautiful with a picture of us in Turkey. It wasn't the most precious from the trip, but it is one of the moments I remember best and it really is good. She also gave us a purple Bible(my favorite color) and wrote on the inside of the cover, "I may have failed you, but God never will. I love you. I am always here for you."

Feline Cat

7,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50
uhhh hey, military fiance? My guy is in the Army. We are trying to plan to marry next summer but planning a perfect wedding while being long distance is so difficult. razz

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Dawnfall~
No kidding!

Other~
Disney was just so amazing...we never wanted to leave. We came home Sunday night and he left for Georgia yesterday morning. I go up in a few weeks to get my new ID! I decided it might be better to maybe change my name in April when I turn 21 or a little before so I have some time. It'd be at least one fee fewer that we would have to worry about. No way am I paying to change it for a name change, then change it when I move to a new state, and then change it AGAIN when I turn 21!

Hopefully within the next few days Nate and I will have all our pictures up on FB! biggrin

Skilled Mage

Hello.
3nodding
Hiya~

Oh I lovee Disney.
My husband thinks I'm nuts that every time we go I still get excited.
He's been a good 50 times and is meh about it.
I've been I think 4 times and love it. I never got to go to parks when I was a kid. Six Flags as a teen but that's about it. xD

So Nate absolutely cannot reenlist as active duty.
They made him attend a briefing about in 45 days he'll find out when he's out. Everyone that had a date of Aug-Nov is getting a new date before then.
He's starting to talk to reserve guys. We're shooting for Florida but if we can't get Florida we'll get as close as possible.

So we'll be leaving Fort Hood before August.
FINALLY.
I'm over this s**t hole.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Aerobe~
How can he not be excited about Disney??!?! I mean, I've been to Busch Gardens probably 100+ times so I know the feeling, but...Disney!!!

Other~
I AM SO ******** NERVOUS RIGHT NOW. So I literally got up here MONDAY. We're still getting stuff unpacked and put away, I haven't met pretty much anyone, and Nate and I are going to a ball tonight. I'm excited, but the only people I've met so far won't be there. I'm terrified to meet these people and leave a bad impression or something...or if they already have a negative image I don't know what to do... gonk

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Aaaaand we're gonna be late... gonk

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
So we ended up being on time, but it kinda...sucked. Nate's food was pretty much completely was forgotten about. He and another guy had to pretty much hunt down a waitress and by the time they had their plates, dinner was over and people starting coming around to take plates away. It was just like prom. But the food itself was actually really amazing, at least. *sigh* Maybe next time will be better.

Sparkly Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
I hope this thread isn't dead now (I have the worst timing ever, apparently). Also, apologize for the incoming block of text.

I'm Rachel (22), and I'm dating Mikal (23), who is preparing for his first deployment as a Marine in October. We're both from Washington, but he's currently stationed in California.
We've only been dating for nearly three months, but we've known each other since our freshman year of high school. We didn't talk much throughout the years, as we had both been in long term relationships at the time. But he'd randomly send me messages on Facebook, always kind of checking in and seeing how life was going. This past December, while he was on holiday break from ITB, we found out we both had had feelings for each other for a long time. We spent New Years together out drinking and having a blast. Then New Years Day, a friend and I had to drive him to the airport so he could go back and finish up ITB. He asked me out two days later.
It's been a difficult couple of weeks, since he's been out in the field and they've been doing a lot more training. I'm obviously not adjusted to all of this yet, especially since this is my first real LDR, as well as military relationship.

Okay, that's enough for now.
sweatdrop
NAHHH I don't want my little thread to die

also hi I pop in from time to time ok bye now burning_eyes
So we got his new ETS date.
14 days sooner.
rofl

Went from Aug 14 to Aug 1st.
What a joooke.

Whatever.
Nate has too much leave because s**t gets denied all the time. So he's put in 4 leave papers. We're hoping for best scenario that they'll let him take June onward. If so we're leaving Texas in June.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I'm leaving Texas in June. Going to stay with my dad in Wilmington. ❤️❤️❤️

Texas is okay. But I'm not prepared for the summer. Especially without a beach nearby. So I will go live at the beach in NC. Kthx.

However, I am going to take the boys for bluebonnet pictures. I have always been jealous watching friends post pictures of them.. Haha! When in Rome!
The summers are pretty intense.
I prettty much live in the pool when summer hits.
I miss the beach though. I haven't been to the beach in years. =(

So we found this amazing pizza joint in Harker Heights last week.
Pretty sure that's the only thing I'm going to miss when I leave here.
Oh and In N Out since those aren't in Florida and omg I love In N Out. Was sooo happy they put one here.
I will be glad to have Waffle House again though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff