• Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Rampallion Raskolnikov
Born Retarded
Rampallion Raskolnikov
Born Retarded

Manni! You're posting again! emotion_hug
wink Yea, I need the gold sweatdrop

sad I can give you some gold too, Manni.
Well, if you want to whee .
But I'm also, trying this thing where I quest till I make 10million, by posting in forums smile .
I don't think anyone should be sterilized without their own consent. But in this case, the consent of their guardian should be enough, if it is a temporal form of sterilization.

But this only if there are no other options.
In the case of that woman, why didn't they give her an IUD, implanon or put her on bc pills?

And for guys, there are hormonal treatments which strongly decrease the desire to have sex, or even interest in it.
Rampallion Raskolnikov

I didn't know you could be right or wrong on subjective matters.

When your reasoning is unsound or fallacious. Which, you know, it is.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Blueyedancer
The Sky Does Not Bow
what a coincidence, i think you're retarded.

oh.. not so much.

Not only do you have stupid opinions, which you decide to share with us despite their blatantly monstrous nature, you also completely to express those opinions in any way approaching reasonable.

I'd say the mentally handicapped are smarter than you are.

Yeah probably not the nicest thing I've said.. and thank you i think I "also completely to express those opinions in any way approaching reasonable".. if you're going to try to burn me.. reread your sentence mistakes. I have reasons why I think it's okay. If you would reread my thread you would see it.
Blueyedancer
I have reasons why I think it's okay.

Your reasoning is faulty. it is never okay.
Blueyedancer
Gamma Aminobutyric Acid
I think your intention is right, but it's ethically wrong.
Even if they're not capable of making their own decisions when it comes to things like pregnancy, sex and children. They shouldn't be punished for being mentally disabled, the responsibility should be on the people taking care of them who are suppose to watch out for this stuff.

The thing is... even if they aren't capble of those decisions some live out on their own. Lik this older women I talked about. I don't understand how she is on her own... but she is..

And another thing. Some things do happen even if people are watching for it.

I do agree with you. Ethically it is probably wrong... and I don't want to make it out as a punishment. It's more for their future children... if that be the case.. or if they attack someone..They can't care for children..and usually would do better off with those hormones (not saying that they should have all of their sex organs removed eek ) so why would it actually be a punishment?

It just seems like a punishment in the sense that they didn't really do anything wrong by being born mentally disabled. I can understand under circumstances such as they've already done it before numerous times like the woman you mentioned. But some mentally handicap kids are well adjusted, have good temperament and will never act out aggressively or sexually. They probably shouldn't have to be sterilized.
The real question that I keep thinking is who should decide whether or not they should be sterilized?

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
1tty bitty kitty
I agree but I also disagree. I think it should be up to the ones watching over the mentally handicapped person. There are some people who only have a mild mental retardation and could still be good parents, while there are others who are more severe and probably wouldn't even be able to be able to comprehend sex. If the mentally handicapped person isn't even going to be having sex, why sterilize them? In case they get raped? I'd leave it up to the person watching over them.

Actually you make a really good point. It does depend on the level of retardation and the person themselves. Some are a high risk of being a predator..ect. some can't even change themselves yet a baby. If the person/facility taking care of this person has a voice then it should happen or not.

Kudos very good insight.

Shameless Gawker

First of all, it is offensive for you to just put 'mentally handicapped' in to a single category. Please fix this.
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The Sky Does Not Bow
Rampallion Raskolnikov

I didn't know you could be right or wrong on subjective matters.

When your reasoning is unsound or fallacious. Which, you know, it is.

TO THE DICTIONARY, AWAY!

"a (1) : peculiar to a particular individual : personal <subjective judgments> (2) : modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background <a subjective account of the incident>"

Sounds like the debate over sterilization of the mentally handicapped would fit the bill perfectly!

Okay and what are we defining?

Also notice how in the definition it says nowhere that it can never be wrong. Stop being a sophomoric pedant and say something of substance, you waste of skin.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Pikkewyn
I don't think anyone should be sterilized without their own consent. But in this case, the consent of their guardian should be enough, if it is a temporal form of sterilization.

But this only if there are no other options.
In the case of that woman, why didn't they give her an IUD, implanon or put her on bc pills?

And for guys, there are hormonal treatments which strongly decrease the desire to have sex, or even interest in it.

The thing is that she obviously isn't responsible enough to take them... she really didn't have anyone watching over her. Though I think bc would be a good idea too...for a guardian to make sure happens (if the guardian/government) thinks they need thm.

I think that treatment is a good idea. For males, i think the hormones are just confusing. They would be okay without it.. with it they are confused, putting themselves at risk and others at risk.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Blueyedancer
I have reasons why I think it's okay.

Your reasoning is faulty. it is never okay.

So in a way your saying that its okay if these people have kids even though they can't take care of them (like the women I talked about).. and that th risk of little kids being raped (which i talked about) is okay.Your reasoning is faulty. That is never okay.
We tried that before, silly.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Cool Me With Fire
First of all, it is offensive for you to just put 'mentally handicapped' in to a single category. Please fix this.

I apoligize that you got offensive? Its a psychological term...they use it instead of mentally retarded. (I'm not being snippy or mad about what you said).. rather what do you think I should put instead?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff