no 0.33823529411765 33.8% [ 23 ]
depends 0.25 25.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Personally I think the mentally handicapped should be sterilized. (In which case I'm talking about mental retardation). Most cases are that they couldn't care of a child or even understand what sex really is.

I think this because of some things I have witnessed. A family friend has a mentally handicapped kid. He is 13 and is as mature as 5 year old. Yes he can do things but he doesn't understand concepts. Recentlly he has been going through puberty. He has become a threat to little kids now because he doesn't understand that saying, and showing himself is not okay. The family is afraid that he might try to have sex with alittle kid or his sister.

Another case is that my family knows this woman. She has a mental handicapp. She doesn't understand birth control and has sex (who we have no idea) and she gets pregant. I feel really bad for these kids because she doesn't understand that you have do things for your kids... like feeding regulary.. and even clothe and bathe them. Eventually her kids are (or should be) taken away from her. These kids didn't have to go through that if she was sterilized in the frist place.

Alright what do you guys think? If you're against my opinion tell me why and don't just say "oh its bad you think that way". I don't hate the mentally handicapped/ mentally retarded people for those trolls out there. Every human is suppose to have freedom... but is it right that children be affected? Tell me what you think and please vote.

Edit= I'm talking about mental retardation. I don't want to make it offensive but that's what it is.

PhilthyGlitz's Waifu

Dapper Wife

3,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
As having a brother with autism, I would be afraid if he committed to the act and get someone pregnant. He is 20 with the mind of a five year old. I think yes, they should be sterilize to protect them.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Rampallion Raskolnikov
YESYESYESYESYES! Sterilize them all! emotion_hug

Ha you seem really for this
what a coincidence, i think you're retarded.

Unforgiving Humorist

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
I actually have to agree,
but by doing that... aren't we kind of taking their right away as human beings?
Then again... they probably don't understand the concept of those rights either ... awks...

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Miss Alchiap
As having a brother with autism, I would be afraid if he committed to the act and get someone pregnant. He is 20 with the mind of a five year old. I think yes, they should be sterilize to protect them.

I wouldn't see it as punishment... I would see it more as to protect them and others around them. I think you understand that.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
what a coincidence, i think you're retarded.

oh.. not so much.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Born Retarded
I actually have to agree,
but by doing that... aren't we kind of taking their right away as human beings?
Then again... they probably don't understand the concept of those rights either ... awks...

That's why I don't think it will actually happen. It's a tough subject. It would be better if we did but we have human rights... they have minds of really young kids... or the such.. but you can't sterilize a child.
I think your intention is right, but it's ethically wrong.
Even if they're not capable of making their own decisions when it comes to things like pregnancy, sex and children. They shouldn't be punished for being mentally disabled, the responsibility should be on the people taking care of them who are suppose to watch out for this stuff.
I know someone who's mildly retarded that keeps popping out kids. It's sad because her children have to grow up faster than they should just so they can take care of themselves and their younger siblings, because their mother doesn't seem to understand she's the mother and they're not her play friends. I'm not against the sterilization of the mentally handicapped, but it would never actually happen.

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Rampallion Raskolnikov
Blueyedancer
Rampallion Raskolnikov

Absolutely! There are way too many people in the world as it is, and most of them shouldn't be having children. Sterilization shouldn't only be relegated to the clearly mentally disabled but also extended to anyone who's had a child already and for one reason or another can't properly care for him/her or provide a decent environment to raise him/her in.

It does make sense. If your mentally disabled then you can't meet a childs need... or even know what those needs are. But...(the big but in this convo).... that would technicailly be taking their rights away.
Rampallion Raskolnikov
Blueyedancer
Rampallion Raskolnikov

Absolutely! There are way too many people in the world as it is, and most of them shouldn't be having children. Sterilization shouldn't only be relegated to the clearly mentally disabled but also extended to anyone who's had a child already and for one reason or another can't properly care for him/her or provide a decent environment to raise him/her in.

How do people think you're smart again?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces