Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gawker

THE PUBLIC ENEMY 2012
berbeda94
THE PUBLIC ENEMY 2012
berbeda94
Why are you pulling me into this Kenny? i cant help.

Do you agree or diagree in my topic? Read the first page.

I read it. i dont think pills should be the first solution to stuff, especially if its a kid.

True 3nodding Children are children!

yep. let them be kids

Wealthy Lunatic

3,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I was diagnosed with ADHD in.. I think second grade? And this was before the big boom of ritalin. I can't focus on numbers. At all. I can't read a phone number to you unless there are dashes. I wonder if it's some form of dyslexia, but when I'm on medication I'm fine. I'm great. I can focus. It's amazing.

I have insane insomnia as well. Pared with my ADHD. It is a lethal mix. I literally THINK myself awake.

AND NOW.
The anxiety starts.

I'm petrified of everything. In school, I would watch the last person stumble into class, thinking in my brain how one miss step would lead their head tumbling into the flag pole. Art class rooms I would always be waiting for a hand to get chopped off on one of the large paper cutters. Gym was drowning. Choking. Slipping down stairs.

Just wicked ideas in my head.
I cut myself.
Mainly for attention. I wanted the attention ON ME. I didn't want to think of other people being hurt anymore.
My paranoia got so bad that I couldn't sleep at night. My insomnia started when I was 16 years old. I couldn't ( and still to this day ) sleep while everyone else in the house is asleep.
I just can't.
I force myself to.

NOW.
Here it goes..
Mix in the over active ADHA brain activity with the anxiety. I'm a wreck.

Now that I have children it's worse. I have to take a big fat Zoloft every day.
IN THE PERFECT SCENARIO, I'm on Concerta in the morning, Zoloft in the afternoon, and ambien in the evening. However, ambien comes with it's own flaws. It's reliability and how quickly you get used to it take it's toll.

For awhile, all three of those a day was perfect. I was so happy. I could do every chore in the house dutiful, and go to my babysitting job and be happy as a clam.

Then, an unexpected pregnancy happened... and I was on all three of those, DAILY , for over a month of the pregnancy, and I ended up with a miscarriage.

So now I'm scarred for life about taking my medications.
I have to continue with the zoloft. It keeps my anxieties in track. However, when I don't take it I turn into a RAGING b***h.

My husband is a good man. He has stayed with me through it all. It's a good thing he is so miled tempered and rational. heart

Romantic Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I take daily meds for anxiety.

The first ones made me really sick, so I was switched up.

It's pretty effective, chills me down for the most part.

Invisible Bloodsucker

I have a friend who gets mental pills.
They totally changed her... on a bad way. =(

Tipsy Bookworm

I'm on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants. They work for me. Without them the slightest stress sends me barricading myself in my room afraid of zombies, so paranoid I can't talk to a person without wanting to kill myself or them becuase I think they're taking the piss and the voices are telling me they are.

So yeah, not all medication is bad.

Welcoming Citizen

10,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

For some if yalls who have that little voice ib yer head saying bad things. I likr it because some of it is truthful but we as people should learn how to accept that and say "******** you impulses! I am in control not you!!!"

Welcoming Citizen

10,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Strangerthan
I'm on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants. They work for me. Without them the slightest stress sends me barricading myself in my room afraid of zombies, so paranoid I can't talk to a person without wanting to kill myself or them becuase I think they're taking the piss and the voices are telling me they are.

Not all is completely bad, but that little voice of yers is just worry. You should stop to access the situation and think before assuming. Try to at least thunk of something good for the day or something that makes you laugh. That's what I do ^_^

Tipsy Bookworm

THE PUBLIC ENEMY 2012
Strangerthan

Not all is completely bad, but that little voice of yers is just worry. You should stop to access the situation and think before assuming. Try to at least thunk of something good for the day or something that makes you laugh. That's what I do ^_^

Yeah, that's great for you but therapy really only worked for me once I was taking the pills. They stopped most of the positive symptoms and allowed me to deal with the remaining ones from a position of strength.

Friendly Conversationalist

9,900 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Bornes
oh, i didn't mean to sound like I was imposing anything on you. I'm sorry if it came off that way. But I'm glad you know what to do, and that you're staying optimistic.
I guess I was just trying to say that things don't always have to be this way. That's all.

I agree, meds aren't for everyone. i wasn't trying to say you should take them. Do what you need to do. You may change your mind in the future.You may not. who knows?

Conservative Millionaire

5,700 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
I've been on Paxil for over 10 years then I added Lamictal and I can function. I am diagnosed bipolar and I lived for years in mental misery until I went to a doctor and Psychologist and was diagnosed for sure. My husband (at the time boyfriend) told me to take my medicine regular. EVERY DAY and NIGHT in order for it to work. Now I understand how selfish I was to not take them and to fuss about how difficult my life was. Now, the person who got me through the years of selfish misery was Jesus. I questioned him, begged him and cried to him to make me normal. He already knew what I needed, but I didn't want to do it until I met my husband and he showed me what I was and why I need them. Do I still get depressed? yes, but I can climb out of it. I can even tell when it's coming and try to avoid it. If you have trouble functioning in the real world without medication and a diagnosis, then I highly recommend getting checked out. On the other hand, if you are on meds and they are not working, make sure you are taking them correctly and then get a check up with the doctor or a new one. However, even with meds you still can't do it alone. You will always need the people around you. I recommend Jesus because He can bear it all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff