Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Maternal Muffin
Im Sophia
Don't use weed if you're schizo, that's a really obvious no-no. There are several studies that show weed can speed up the onset of schizo in people who are prone to it or prone to psychosis, and worsen it for those who already have it.

You are exactly right. I have a friend who has schizophrenia who smokes weed and does drugs regularly... he is a mental wreck right now. he's been caught having full blown conversations by himself, tried breaking into other people's apartments in the complex that he and my mom both live in, threatened to kill my mom's neighbor... he puts really disturbing crap on Facebook. He's terrifying. :
WOw that's horrible, scary, and flat our irresponsible of him. I hope you and your family and neighbors are safe. eek

I still smoke weed every now and then (like once every two weeks) and every time I do for a while afterward, I do have more of a feeling of being less in touch with reality and other symptoms. A few weeks ago I was talking to myself for a good 2 hours and totally thought I was conversing with two other people. I don't know if I was talking in my head or out loud, but either way it creeped me out. talk2hand I'm going to stop smoking by December (once stash runs out or I find someone to buy it off me), so hopefully that never happens again.