Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xxfallen midnight angelxX
I have ...Borderline Personality Disorder currently.

You were medically declared an a*****e?

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Nothing caused my bipolar disorder. It's just how my brain functions. I will live with out my whole life but keep it under control with the help of medication.
Senator Armstrong

Being Borderline doesn't mean that I was medically declared a a*****e by no means but okay. Think what you want.
Senator Armstrong

Being Borderline doesn't mean that I was medically declared a a*****e by no means but okay. Think what you want.

That is the diagnosis, sorry. It's pretty much the same as PTSD only instead of anxiety and fear you act like a total d**k.
It says borderline people have problems with anger
Senator Armstrong
Senator Armstrong

That is the diagnosis, sorry. It's pretty much the same as PTSD only instead of anxiety and fear you act like a total d**k.

Correction: We do not act like a d**k, we simply don't know what the right emotion is to react to things. Without therapy some people do act like a "d**k" or a "a*****e" because then they get manipulative and start to enjoy being that way. So, like every other mental disorder, without therapy people can be the worst of themselves and be dicks. I'm not speaking for every person with borderline by no means. I am just stating that if you actually read about the disorder then maybe you would come to the understanding that borderline itself isn't the a*****e disorder. If you want to read more about it, here's some links.
Here To Help: BPD
The Truth About Borderline
And finally to kind of agree with you that some borderline do blame everyone else instead of themselves and are plain assholes, here's this link to explain where people wit boderline are coming from with that:
What It Feels Like To Have BPD
lazers7777

We have problems with emotions period. I listed some links in my last post that may be helpful. Just because some people with borderline struggle with anger doesn't make us all a*****e. I myself have difficulties with anger. I don't necessarily explode at people or am mean to anyone for no reason.. I just explode about very small things because there's either a lot going on in my head building up to the explosion or I just get too amped about whatever it is. I could literally stomp my toe and get overly emotional over it. Again, I'm not speaking for all borderlines. Just this was a example of some of the anger issues borderlines go through. Just because we struggle with anger doesn't mean we're assholes.
lazers7777

We have problems with emotions period. I listed some links in my last post that may be helpful. Just because some people with borderline struggle with anger doesn't make us all a*****e. I myself have difficulties with anger. I don't necessarily explode at people or am mean to anyone for no reason.. I just explode about very small things because there's either a lot going on in my head building up to the explosion or I just get too amped about whatever it is. I could literally stomp my toe and get overly emotional over it. Again, I'm not speaking for all borderlines. Just this was a example of some of the anger issues borderlines go through. Just because we struggle with anger doesn't mean we're assholes.
ty
I don't. I live with it. It lives with me. Some days are rough.
Senator Armstrong
Senator Armstrong

Correction: We do not act like a d**k, we simply don't know what the right emotion is to react to things. Without therapy some people do act like a "d**k" or a "a*****e" because then they get manipulative and start to enjoy being that way. So, like every other mental disorder, without therapy people can be the worst of themselves and be dicks. I'm not speaking for every person with borderline by no means. I am just stating that if you actually read about the disorder then maybe you would come to the understanding that borderline itself isn't the a*****e disorder. If you want to read more about it, here's some links.
Here To Help: BPD
The Truth About Borderline
And finally to kind of agree with you that some borderline do blame everyone else instead of themselves and are plain assholes, here's this link to explain where people wit boderline are coming from with that:
What It Feels Like To Have BPD

No, I know what borderline is. I also know that doctors are loathe to diagnose it because sufferers of it will use the diagnosis as convenient cover for being jerks.

I realise some understand how they aren't normal, but for everyone who does there's two who don't think they have a problem.

Timid Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
tw: eating disorder
I'm not sure if I need to label trigger warning but I am.

I've dealt with anorexia, binge eating disorder, and bulimia (diagnosed bulimia) and I've basically had at least one of these my entire life. It started with binge eating, then bulimia, then anorexia, and back to bulimia. It literally made my life hell. My right hand is dry and cracked and hurts almost all day. I cannot drink coffee without automatically purging it. I really wasn't aware of my eating habits until ballet. I hate blaming it on that, mostly because so many people do, but its probably the reason. I am very open about my eating disorders because I feel like if I share the hell I've gone through maybe others will avoid it or try to.

What my eating disorders have taken from me:
-hair.
-friends, I couldn't stand not purging after I had eaten, and often felt bad for eating around them, so I stopped talking to them.
-energy. I would come home from school and sleep.
-grades. I wouldn't do homework from lack of energy.
-money. Binge eating is expensive, especially when you purge it.

I'm currently in recovery for bulimia and offer support for those dealing with it as well. My inbox is always open for anyone who needs to chat or feels like they have a problem. Moral of this post, eating disorders suck.

Interesting Phantom

Severe depression.

It helped to get out there and not stay in all the time. I find that being outside/hot at home helps. So does eating healthy and working out, and calming myself down and telling myself to stop when I get started on the negative thoughts. When I tell myself that I need to be a strong, capable, and inspirational person to help other people who suffer, it gets easier.

binkyfish's Husband

Anxious Kitten

14,600 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I have an anxiety disorder and depression, they make life so hard sometimes but I feel I'm making more progress and becoming stronger each day smile

Timid Seeker

Mm, General Anxiety Disorder is the only thing I currently struggle with.

Before that it was also Major Depressive Disorder (of 10-12 years), agoraphobia, and some form of dissociative disorder (my parents don't believe in mental health issues, so at the time that this was an issue they refused to let me see psychologists).

I've tried developing coping strategies, seen therapists, and never took medication for the things I've ended up overcoming. Neither my "strategies" or therapists helped at all. This will likely be overlooked here, but I honestly attribute my full recovery from those things to God.

Demonic Phantom

does ebola count

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas