Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

Nashoba Kaga- I have been tested for poly cystic ovaries before about a year ago. My doctors are thinking to check me again this may.

Anmars- I used to have unbalanced hormones so I get checked regularly now. The doctors checked it right before my period started and they said my levels were fine. As for the cramps, I have a warm face cloth which is working nicely.

Kwish- I can’t take ibuprofin/advil. It gives me nosebleeds. And I certainly can’t afford to lose anymore blood.

ChibiWitch- no way. I love food!! ^___^

Naprox- I went to a family practice doctor. The gynecologists closest appointment wasn’t until may. They did blood tests (and pregnancy test) and everything was fine.

If you were not directly addressed above, your reply/answer is in there somewhere. 3nodding
I've never had the experience thank goodness, but my best friend had hers once for about 20 days.
I would suggest...well....I don't know. eek
is anyone even reading the first post? stare she said she went to a doctor.
GOOD GOD MAY!!

Okay... let me think... your toon young to use some herbs, to help you. Is there a herbalist or a

Herbal school thats near your area, check on line.

My Girl Friend Fired her doctors cuz Western Med is what it is. there are more natural (herbs) that do work.

She's been through Hormon replacement ( note: OH My gawd she was a B***H) the pill made her insane. Everything the doctors did ( 5 years worth ) just never helped her or & would cause cancer.

PCOS isnt easly Id'ed by modern med..

So what my girl friend did do is go to a herbist. then She became an herbist cause she wanted to learn more about the herbs.

I hope you hanging in there.. I only could support & love my girlfriend while she was going through it.
man Im lame.

Yes & she's doing fine. =]

Angelic Phantom

My period's never regular... ever. And I'm 22. But I figure it has to do with being an athlete - I train harder at certain times of year than at other times, so that's bound to shift my cycle up a bit. I have heard that bc pills help to regulate it, so totally follow your doctor's advice. Otherwise, I find that exercise does make me feel good (a little ways into it) when I have my period, or getting myself into a warm environment. Good luck!
...Aurora Dream...
My period's never regular... ever. And I'm 22. But I figure it has to do with being an athlete - I train harder at certain times of year than at other times, so that's bound to shift my cycle up a bit. I have heard that bc pills help to regulate it, so totally follow your doctor's advice. Otherwise, I find that exercise does make me feel good (a little ways into it) when I have my period, or getting myself into a warm environment. Good luck!

Yes, being athletic can mess stuff up, even make you stop having one for a while when you train! Stress will do it to, and as I understand, many serious athletes have serious stress issues (especially before major events!).

Believe it or not, Anorexia Nervosa is NOT the only thing that makes you lose your period! Amenorrhea (the lack of a menses/period) can affect all women at one point in their lives. Stress is a major factor.

Regular diets, rest, exercise, and a good social support are the best answers to many problems. You don't always have to 'fix' everything with drugs/herbs.

Oh, and the milk thing, thats kinda odd...but hey, I have issues with chocolate and grease. If I have any of that during the time, I will most likely puke from the cramps! Though, I'm not supposed to eat much chocolate anyway as it generally makes me sick (good thing I'm an odd female who doesn't care for chocolate!).

Whew...all in all...periods suckzors! xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces