Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many people have you met offline, that originally you met online?

Let's see, I met my best friend, she stayed at my house for a week. Then I met my boyfriend and he stayed at my house for 2 months.

Nothing bad about meeting people that you met online! =3
Loads.
One of my best friends Chris and I have only met in real life twice in 4 4 or 5 years because he lives in Birmingham.
I met my last boyfriend on Gaia and we went out for a year and a half.
My friend Stacy I also met on Gaia is coming down here in the next 3 weeks.
There's probably more.

Dangerous Raider

I've met quite a few people that I met online.
Mostly because of Drum Corps and band.
I think I've met 7 people total, thus far.
RoidTheNinja
I've met quite a few people that I met online.
Mostly because of Drum Corps and band.
I think I've met 7 people total, thus far.

Awesome, I wish I could meet more people that I met online. Sad thing is, there's quite a huge distance between me and the people I met online.
Not yet, many of them live far away, but the ones that live close enough for me to see are all 30 and just looking to get into my pants.
There were a couple of guys closer to my age, but they usually stop talking to me after a while.
I'm also really iffy about meeting people offline. As long as they don't tell me to come to their house alone, I'll consider it. xD

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

I've met three. And tried to meet another, but the b*****d stood me up. What a waste of a 6 hour drive.(3 there, 3 back)
I met my currently boyfriend on myspace. I had him meet me at a bar. We hung out that night and we started dating over the summer. It has been 9 months. I messaged him randomly saying "hey cowboy" and he wrote back that same day.
I met my best friend, Chloe, online.
We met up in January this year.
I stayed at hers for the weekend and we saw A7X together.
She's coming up to stay with me this summer.
I would love to meet some awesome friends who I've met here... but I don't think I could since I'm still in school & I have future plans... one of which is having my boyfriend visit me and (hopefully we'll get engaged)

Toxic Unicorn

12,950 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
6 that i can think of. i might be forgetting a few. most of them were from when i had aol. we'd meet up and party or hang out. now i see no need to meet people from online. though i met my current bf from the net. ;D so yeah that net stuff can work, only difference is we didn't get in a relationship til after we met. nowadays i'm a lot more cautious about who has my personal info in general. when i was younger and meeting strangers i didn't think about the consequences of it all. you just have to be careful cuz people can lie about anything behind a computer and i do mean anything. stare
I've met two, my boyfriend and my boyfriends best friend whom are both online.
I flew from my home in Georgia, US to meet him in England, UK in Feb. and I'm going back April 25th :3
I really think if you're of age and know the person you're meeting well via online, it can be safe.

For instance, before i left to see him i saw him and his family on cam, talked to his mom on the phone, and talked to his friend via MSN.

I know some of you over paranoid pricks will be like "All that can be fake!" well it wasn't, and if you don't take chances in your life you might as well off yourself.

Invisible Explorer

I currently live with my boyfriend whom I met online. <3 Worked out great. You just have to be honest.

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Nobody, I don't think it is ever safe to meet someone from online.
PiercedPixie56
I've met two, my boyfriend and my boyfriends best friend whom are both online.
I flew from my home in Georgia, US to meet him in England, UK in Feb. and I'm going back April 25th :3
I really think if you're of age and know the person you're meeting well via online, it can be safe.

For instance, before i left to see him i saw him and his family on cam, talked to his mom on the phone, and talked to his friend via MSN.

I know some of you over paranoid pricks will be like "All that can be fake!" well it wasn't, and if you don't take chances in your life you might as well off yourself.

I met my best friend when I was 16. I only saw her on the webcam once, and it was horrible quality, but we trusted each other.

Quote:
Nobody, I don't think it is ever safe to meet someone from online.

Then you shouldn't meet anyone offline either, it's less safe than online.

Invisible Gekko

5,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I haven't met anyone offline... except my boyfriend... who i met offline... sooooo yeah... Its also a thing about people even talking to me seriously... people request me but they only talk to me for that one day... so its a whatever kinda thing...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff