Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is the legality at the U.S.-Canada border on bongs? If I were to be in posession of one, assuming I'm 18, that had no traces or evidence (resin, little bits of bud, etc.) of weed, would I have it confiscated? No preaching about the evils of owning a bong if you please.
depends on the cop you run into. if it's clean and absolutely no trace of any illegal substance, it's perfectly legal to be in possession of one. say it's for loose tobacco

It shouldn't be confiscated as bongs are sold "for tobacco use only".

However, get an a*****e who's had a bad day and they may take it.
Assuming there's no trace of any illegal substance, but it was confiscated, would I face any legal prosecution?
mariner4590
Assuming there's no trace of any illegal substance, but it was confiscated, would I face any legal prosecution?

Shouldn't. Most likely they'd just take it and send you on your way.
Id have to take into consideration what you meant by us canada border...here in wa. state it is okay to own one if it's for tobacco use, but what about in canada...if you were crossing the border and it wasn't legal there then they would likely take that s**t and use it once you were gone....Lol...I dunno really...I know someone I can ask whos going through the police academy right now...Ill check back
Absolutely splendid. You all have been very helpful. Thanks.
Oh, well for the record, let's assume we're crossing at the Idaho border into Alberta.
Canada shouldn't give a s**t as long as there's no illegal substances in it. I mean, hell, you can buy bongs pretty much anywhere so I don't see why you'd have any problem at the border.
okay, got your answer as my friend understands it...if you get sniffed out by a drug dog...even if you clean it with alcohol or something, they can pretty much still smell that shiz, so then its illegal to possess it...but say you dont get sniffed out...and there doesn't seeem to be any evidnce tha you smoked pot in it, you'll have lots of explaining to do, but if it is a bong, and there is evidence, most likely it will be considered possession, and also transporting across the border and you will likely land yourself in the big house...but I dunno...good luck to you anyways...I wouldn't try my luck dude!
Well like someone ab0ove me said depends on cop. If they see it they will ask to search your car. If you say 'no' there going to search it anyway because they have found the bong. They want a substance. Know my dads a cop and he said they shouldn't take it. He also said if he ran into you he would proably go smoke a sack with you...
mariner4590

they can't prosecute you for owning a clean bong. if they did, you can sue them.

oh and please remember your rights: they can't legally search your car without consent. they can though search your car if they see something illegal like a beer bottle or...well a bong through the window, so stick it in the trunk.
Probably would be taken as "paraphernalia" with or without resin is my guess, just cause cops are asses. But like Koji said, know your rights. I was talking to my friend, and me telling him one of his rights got his record cleared with a bullshit incident. :]
Which leads me to another question: Supposing a dog sniffs it out, but it's clean. Because the dog is attracted to it, is that incriminating?
if its clean the dog wont notice it, but keep in mind that LSD is an "odorless" liquid and the dogs can still smell that...so if there is even a hint of resin on the biznitch youre probably funked casue if the dog sniffs it out it'll give a clear indication that its found something! all I have to say is that if youre gunna do it....good luck dude!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff