Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maelyn's Husbando

Friendly Phantom

10,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
I just noticed how close its getting to March 15th, the first anniversary of the day my Dad stopped suffering. My head's spinning and I'm in a bit of a fog. It doesn't feel like its been that long at all.
Its been almost a year, but I don't know what to do. I guess I'm in mourning again.
If you've gone through something similar, I guess I'd just like to know how you cope with loss.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in complete denial when it comes to death of people I care about, so I can't help at all. I can't even remember my little brother's death or much of that entire year. I hope someone can give you useful advice, though.

Hellraiser

I think that's the day my dad started suffering.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Why is the LD being overflowed with threads full of people whining about their promblems? Thats what the LI was made for. neutral
ectogasm

You know, I've always poked at the thought of a shared energy in the world.
It happens so many times, with stuff like this, even on a smaller scale. One of my friends would always be having the best day of their life, and I'd be getting thrown around and down on my luck, and then the next day it would be the opposite.

But to the OP, my last lover's mom, a great woman who made me feel like I had a family. A woman who had accepted me into her family and made me feel welcome passed away not too long ago either. Easter of two years ago or so.
You have my condolences

Hellraiser

Soffish
ectogasm

It happens so many times, with stuff like this, even on a smaller scale. One of my friends would always be having the best day of their life, and I'd be getting thrown around and down on my luck, and then the next day it would be the opposite.

I find it all really weird. It's interesting though.
But it's usually my friends all happy and stuff and me being a downer.

ectogasm
Soffish
ectogasm

I find it all really weird. It's interesting though.
But it's usually my friends all happy and stuff and me being a downer.

yeah, it was always just me trying to justify why I was always so depressed all the time when my friends seemed to be so happy with everything.
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Why is the LD being overflowed with threads full of people whining about their promblems? Thats what the LI was made for. neutral
Really? You're whining about whining? If you can't help, then how 'bout you show some respect and kindly shut the ******** up.
Some people just need to get important s**t off their chest.

Hellraiser

Soffish
ectogasm
Soffish
ectogasm

I think thats the day my dad started suffering.

You know, Ive always poked at the thought of a shared energy in the world.
It happens so many times, with stuff like this, even on a smaller scale. One of my friends would always be having the best day of their life, and Id be getting thrown around and down on my luck, and then the next day it would be the opposite.

I find it all really weird. Its interesting though.
But its usually my friends all happy and stuff and me being a downer.

yeah, it was always just me trying to justify why I was always so depressed all the time when my friends seemed to be so happy with everything.

oh same here!
Im trying to justify it more lately though.
Its going to lead to over thinking, I just know it...
stare

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The_Happy_Hermit
Really? Youre whining about whining? If you cant help, then how bout you show some respect and kindly shut the ******** up.

Well exsuuuuce me for expressing my opinion. Didnt know it wasnt allowed in here.
Ill be more careful next time.
rolleyes

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
It's been almost 5 years since I graduated high school.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The_Happy_Hermit
Really? You're whining about whining? If you can't help, then how 'bout you show some respect and kindly shut the ******** up.
So they should do it in a forum where people will actually care and want to help.
The_Happy_Hermit
Really? Youre whining about whining? If you cant help, then how bout you show some respect and kindly shut the ******** up.

Well exsuuuuce me for expressing my opinion. Didnt know it wasnt allowed in here.
Ill be more careful next time.
rolleyes

You're right, you were 100% in the right for saying OP is "whining" when hes talking about his father DYING.

******** you. Seriously, usually I don't give a ******** about assholes on the internet, but as someone who recently lost my father; go sit on a ******** cactus and go ******** yourself. Maybe karma will swing around and take someone you love away from you and someone can tell you to stop moping.
I'm sorry for your lose and I'm sorry people are being so insensitive.

I lost my father just over two years ago, when I was 18. I was made all the more painful in that I had to be strong for my mom and sister. Theres not a lot of advice I can give. Reflect on the positive, but don't put him on a pedestal. Enjoy life as often as possible and the pain will dull over time, but it'll never completely go away. However, you'll find one day that you can think of him without feeling hurt and, eventually, you'll go days without thinking of him at all. Its a process and everyones different. I do recommend talking to someone (your mom or siblings, perhaps) because just knowing someone is in the same boat can be an incredible comfort.

Good luck. I know this is hard, but you'll get through it... even if it seems you never will.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff