Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Pirate

Memokkeen
Blackrose_Knight
Really missing my boyfriend tonight. The smell of spring rains and wet sidewalks remind me of him.

Does anyone else have weird little things that remind you of your SO(s)?
Mine just went home after being with me for a month - taking it rather well, but regardless, I miss him.

Cats remind me of him. And tea. Particularly licorice tea.
Hehe Jamba juice also reminds me of my boyfriend. And pot. Of course pot.

I used to find it really hard to drive by his old apartment complex. gonk
Let me tell you right now...Being heart broken is...its too ******** painful, having no one to cry to about being heartbroken sucks just as much.

So during the last months of my relationship when my ex was being the worst of he could be. I was starting to fall for my best friend. Lets call him "J" When me and my ex broke up. "J" was there for me to keep me happy and take care of me to make sure I could go thought a day where I smilled and laughed at least once. I ******** in love with this guy ;; J knew this too but said nothing because he wasn't sure if I really was. Well...my other best friend (who is hardly a friendnow) lets call him K. "K" and "J" talked two weeks ago and mentioned how I had feelings for "J" and "K" found out "J" did not return the feelings. So for the last two weeks. "K" has been telling me he doesn't know if J feels the same way about me, and was pressuring me into trying to get with J and then would tell me all these things that "Oh you might get rejected, but rejection doesn't hurt at all and never forget you may be turned down" well pretty much now I am out one best friend. K told me he was unsure about J feelings for me. (Which K knew about, K knew that J didnt like me in that way) so I talked to J and I got turned down, and pretty much K lied to me and kept in the dark about J's feelings....

so now I have no one to ******** cry to about being heart broken ;;

sorry for the confusing rant, I wanted to get this off my chest as I use tobe active here awhile ago.

Heated Visionary

Just got back from my trip to america, spent 3 months with my fiancee. Had a blast, and we are now working on getting me back there again :3 I can't wait til I'm back in his arms again.

Greedy Cat

I haven't been here in a really long time, and thought I'd drop by and see how everyone's doing.

As for myself, I thought my SO and I would be able to be together in a year and half's time, but things happened and it looks like we might be adding another 5 more years to the wait, but at this point I'm no longer surprised considering we've already waited for so many years. It'll happen when it happens.

Timid Friend

Blackrose_Knight
Memokkeen
Blackrose_Knight
Really missing my boyfriend tonight. The smell of spring rains and wet sidewalks remind me of him.

Does anyone else have weird little things that remind you of your SO(s)?
Mine just went home after being with me for a month - taking it rather well, but regardless, I miss him.

Cats remind me of him. And tea. Particularly licorice tea.
Hehe Jamba juice also reminds me of my boyfriend. And pot. Of course pot.

I used to find it really hard to drive by his old apartment complex. gonk
Haha xD

Yeah... I could imagine. In a way, it's lucky he lives in another country so I don't have to feel a sting of longing connected to a place when he's gone - since all the places I connect him to are so far away.

Timid Friend

HowlWhiteWind
Let me tell you right now...Being heart broken is...its too ******** painful, having no one to cry to about being heartbroken sucks just as much.

So during the last months of my relationship when my ex was being the worst of he could be. I was starting to fall for my best friend. Lets call him "J" When me and my ex broke up. "J" was there for me to keep me happy and take care of me to make sure I could go thought a day where I smilled and laughed at least once. I ******** in love with this guy ;; J knew this too but said nothing because he wasn't sure if I really was. Well...my other best friend (who is hardly a friendnow) lets call him K. "K" and "J" talked two weeks ago and mentioned how I had feelings for "J" and "K" found out "J" did not return the feelings. So for the last two weeks. "K" has been telling me he doesn't know if J feels the same way about me, and was pressuring me into trying to get with J and then would tell me all these things that "Oh you might get rejected, but rejection doesn't hurt at all and never forget you may be turned down" well pretty much now I am out one best friend. K told me he was unsure about J feelings for me. (Which K knew about, K knew that J didnt like me in that way) so I talked to J and I got turned down, and pretty much K lied to me and kept in the dark about J's feelings....

sorry for the confusing rant, I wanted to get this off my chest as I use tobe active here awhile ago.
*hugs*

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that...

If you wanna talk about it more, feel free to PM me any time.

Timid Friend

Sophisticated Simplicity
I haven't been here in a really long time, and thought I'd drop by and see how everyone's doing.

As for myself, I thought my SO and I would be able to be together in a year and half's time, but things happened and it looks like we might be adding another 5 more years to the wait, but at this point I'm no longer surprised considering we've already waited for so many years. It'll happen when it happens.
:C

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that, but I admire your conviction.

Devoted Pirate

Just spent 5 days with the new partner-person-thing (no words for "good friend you have sex with and have feels for.... grrr monogamy!) and his wifey. Had a great time. Gained some new perspectives on race, non-monogamy, and culture. I loved every minute of it, even when I had a head cold. Can't wait to go back. I really am a blessed girl to find these wonderful people in my life.

Now then - 45 days till my boyfriend comes home. heart

Feral Kitten

Sophisticated Simplicity

I'm sorry about that. I know you guys were excited that you were almost at the end.

Beloved Gawker

It's been awhile since I've been here!

But here's an update: Derek and I got married last June! He'd proposed to me last February at Con-G in Guelph, ON, and we got married in June. Nothing fancy, just a courthouse wedding with our folks and a handful of friends.

I had to leave Canada once my work visa expired in August, but I visited him for nearly a month over Christmas and New Year's, and he might be coming down to visit me at my current place for my birthday in a little over a month!

Immigration's still gonna be a pain, but for now, we're holding out pretty well. 3nodding

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Looks like I'm back at the beginning with my relationship sadly. At least I'm lucky he's still with me.
HowlWhiteWind

I would like to say, it sucks that is how things turned out.
Unfortunately for some of us, it just doesn't work out the way we hope with the people we feel something for.
So best to move on and try to find someone else..
If it makes you feel any better, my situation is kind of simillar, but just with one female friend rather where feelings weren't returned, I didn't have the other additional bad bits though...
It sucks ;_;

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Can anyone give me some advice on how to cope with different timezones?
Lately, I haven't been able to really talk to my boyfriend much because he's 3 hours behind me and by the time he gets on, I'm already sleep or almost going to sleep and well I miss him. Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with just a big distance?

Timid Friend

DizzySnowFire
Can anyone give me some advice on how to cope with different timezones?
Lately, I haven't been able to really talk to my boyfriend much because he's 3 hours behind me and by the time he gets on, I'm already sleep or almost going to sleep and well I miss him. Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with just a big distance?
Make dates, plan a time when you can stay up a little later/he can get on a little earlier - this way, both of you know when you have time together and have something to look forward to.

But yeah... having Skype dates etc is quite fun. Decide before-hand a movie/series you'll watch together. Play an online game together. That kinda stuff. Or if you feel you want/need to just talk, do that. But basically... Set up a time, make it a date. I'm sure you can find a time here and there just for the two of you. c:

Other stuff to help with the distance is well.. video calls, sending items that remind the other one of you, like maybe a lightly used shirt that smells like you, etc.

Trying to figure out different ways to share each others lives even through the distance. Like... say if the other one loves Subway, go and get one and wonder how would he eat his, or something. xD

Timid Friend

My (love)life is going in such a strange direction. Or maybe not, but I just feel weird about myself and... everything. My life.

I was in an abusive relationship for 7 long years, and I keep noticing just badly I got treated just from the LACK of abuse. I've broken down and started to cry more times than I care to count just because my current SO does not abuse me when I'm used to being abused in daily situations. Hell, sometimes I even ASK for it, because I am so confused that I'm not being hurt.

I obviously have trust issues. Insecurities. Fears. Twisted concepts on what a relationship "should" be like that he forced into me. I am such a mess that both me and my SO have sometimes wondered if I am ready to be in a relationship again.

... but we fell in love, and we both agreed that even though the timing was absolutely horrible, we wanted to take a chance and try. And it has not been easy, I basically... hurt myself before anyone else gets the chance, a lot of the time. And I keep forgetting that doing so hurts him, too. Because he does care. Genuinely care, he doesn't have any of the empty words or harsh words and abandoning in him as my ex did. I've known him years as a friend and some months as a lover, and he has never let me down. Not even with the little things that I would let slide.

What I'm blabbering on about is... I fell in love. I did. But I was sure I'm going to burn again, and treated our relationship like something bound to end. And things do end, and we still might.
But...
Lately I've... started to feel like I can't live without him. He does complete me. He does not take from me. He does not put me down, not even when I am being irrational, stupid or a fool. He does not chain me down, he does not stop me from doing anything. All he ever does is support me, with everything. Reminding me I'm human and worth love too, real love, not hollow words and empty promises. He is my better half. And I love him more than I love anything. He is everything I'd want from a human being, everything I wish I was and strive to become.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff