Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Kitten

I GOT MY FIRST LETTER FROM MY BEAR AT BOOT CAMP!!!!! heart
Gee, it has been eons since I've last used my Gaia account. However when I was looking up forums and such on LDRs, this was a happy find.
Since around August/September officially I've been in a relationship with someone I genuinely care for and adore, and it's been great. :'3
This is my first LDR, and we met through a common interest group of "amv editors" (lolyep) on Skype. I'm from Oregon and he lives in Georgia. Given this, this is also the first time I've been with someone I hadn't met in person. Though after a few months of talking we tentatively revealed we liked each other, and decided we'll try to pursue a relationship. Around New Year's he flew up to visit me and stay with my family and I for 5days. While I was nervous initially, as soon as he came through the terminal and we hugged and talked that night, it just all fell into place. <3 I'm very happy, and just talking with him every day even about the most mundane things makes each day a little better. The thing that's hardest for me now is missing him in the physical, going to sleep without his arms around me, not hearing his voice (I'd call him more often, but because of his own quietness and the 3hr time difference & our busy schedules we mostly text, and I don't want to push calling on him. ) are things that really stink, but I wouldn't want any other, even with the inconveniences. A little less than two months from now we'll see each other again, and I can't wait. heart

Aged Hoarder

Hey guys! Valentine's is coming up and do you plan on sending your SO anything? I've already tried sending him a cake during his last birthday, and this coming Valentine's I want to send him like cookies, or cupcakes maybe. Do you have any websites to suggest? I've only tried Bake Me A Wish

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

Shadowed Prayer
I GOT MY FIRST LETTER FROM MY BEAR AT BOOT CAMP!!!!! heart

Yay! I'm so happy for you. whee

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

cheerybear3
Gee, it has been eons since I've last used my Gaia account. However when I was looking up forums and such on LDRs, this was a happy find.
Since around August/September officially I've been in a relationship with someone I genuinely care for and adore, and it's been great. :'3
This is my first LDR, and we met through a common interest group of "amv editors" (lolyep) on Skype. I'm from Oregon and he lives in Georgia. Given this, this is also the first time I've been with someone I hadn't met in person. Though after a few months of talking we tentatively revealed we liked each other, and decided we'll try to pursue a relationship. Around New Year's he flew up to visit me and stay with my family and I for 5days. While I was nervous initially, as soon as he came through the terminal and we hugged and talked that night, it just all fell into place. <3 I'm very happy, and just talking with him every day even about the most mundane things makes each day a little better. The thing that's hardest for me now is missing him in the physical, going to sleep without his arms around me, not hearing his voice (I'd call him more often, but because of his own quietness and the 3hr time difference & our busy schedules we mostly text, and I don't want to push calling on him. ) are things that really stink, but I wouldn't want any other, even with the inconveniences. A little less than two months from now we'll see each other again, and I can't wait. heart

I'm so happy for you that things are working out so far. I've yet to meet my boyfriend in person yet but hopefully someday soon. sweatdrop

Yeah, I feel you on the phone call thing. I just love my boyfriend's voice <3 I actually have two voicemails saved on my phone so I can listen to them whenever I'm really missing him (Which is a lot >.< wink

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

Kyrimi
Hey guys! Valentine's is coming up and do you plan on sending your SO anything? I've already tried sending him a cake during his last birthday, and this coming Valentine's I want to send him like cookies, or cupcakes maybe. Do you have any websites to suggest? I've only tried Bake Me A Wish

This is going to be my first valentine actually sending him something and it's actually not very, um, valentine-y. sweatdrop

Sending him a tower stereo xD He likes to listen to music while he works out so I'm hoping he'll get a good use out of it. <3

Also sending him a letter. <3

Hm, I'm not savvy with websites or anything, but once my friend sent her boyfriend some flowers from a place near him because she looked into places where he lived. Maybe you could look into what bakeries are near him and see if you can order over the phone. o.o?

Good luck either way!

Aged Hoarder

Ladydemon_Lyn

This is going to be my first valentine actually sending him something and it's actually not very, um, valentine-y. sweatdrop

Sending him a tower stereo xD He likes to listen to music while he works out so I'm hoping he'll get a good use out of it. <3

Also sending him a letter. <3

Hm, I'm not savvy with websites or anything, but once my friend sent her boyfriend some flowers from a place near him because she looked into places where he lived. Maybe you could look into what bakeries are near him and see if you can order over the phone. o.o?

Good luck either way!

A gift is still a gift, whatever it is. I'm sure he'll love what you'll give :3

I can't order the phone because international rates are pretty expensive. I did look for local bakeries and what not, but none of them have Paypal as a payment option. >.< I found a website though and decided to send him cookies. Here's hoping he'll like it, and that the cookies would be delicious. x____x And that it'll arrive exactly on the 14th.

Feral Kitten

My daughter is here!!

http://tinypic.com/r/1zx45c3/6 (This is the last ultrasound we have of her. You can see her fluid level is so low. That's what sent us to the birthing center)

http://tinypic.com/r/2j32qkn/6 (Taken yesterday, we went home!!)
http://tinypic.com/r/2rhahog/6 (Sister-in-law took this, I had no idea til she uploaded it)
http://tinypic.com/r/2n8y1si/6 (First time in the cars eat. My grandmother made the blanket that's on her in it)

http://tinypic.com/r/2cpygjm/6 (Right after I came back from the c-section)
http://tinypic.com/r/2lsa42q/6 (right after coming back from the c-section. First time holding her)

http://tinypic.com/r/r9ic2f/6 (I love my snuggle-bug)

http://tinypic.com/r/i70wig/6 (My husband with her. First time ever holding a baby. He doesn't have baby experience)
http://tinypic.com/r/vneemv/6 (Husband with her again)

(Legally married, but separated)
Shadowed Prayer

Your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations!
Still LD, still driving each other nuts about house renovations. I can't wait for this house to be finished so we can move in. It's stressful when he's away and I work so much so it'll be nice when it's done and we can relax a bit. I'm really hoping for the end of March or early April but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Feral Kitten

littleruby
Shadowed Prayer

Your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations!

Thank you!!

Cluttered Witch

Just wanted to give yall an update on my LDR. (well my ex-LDR now...) but yeah, he said that he couldn't do long distance anymore, (even though we had only been in this for almost two months.), and that he didn't see a future with me. (I understand that now but it was hurtful at the time), but I hadn't really looked at realistically 'cause it was my first "serious" relationship and I think I expected everything. Still think he coulda tried harder in this, but what's done is done. And also, I have amazing family and friends that'll help me get through this, so I'm okay. (:
yum_cupcake

Beloved Fatcat

Hi, I'm Morgan.
I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and 6 months on the 12th.
I've made a couple forums for my relationship issues, seeking opinions of Gaians.

So, I'll come again, say some basic things.

- He currently lives in Canada. I, Texas.
- He lives with his uncle. His parents died in a wreck when he was younger. His uncle was the only one that would take him in. His uncle is very strict. Like no electronics whatsoever. I'm lucky he lets my boyfriend on the computer.
- I've never heard his voice. Because his uncle won't let him call me. He's tried a payphone.
- I only have two pictures of him.
- We haven't met yet.
- The fact that we might not EVER meet, is killing me inside.

With that out of the way, I don't plan on giving up at all. Because I do love him with all my heart, and there are details that I can't give out with his situation. But I'm going to try and save my paychecks to get my passport renewed and going to Canada for a week or something to spend time with him.

We've talked about having a family, our wedding, my wedding ring, I mean. It's great. I love dreaming about it. But I want it to be a reality one day.
But his uncle won't let him do ANYTHING and he is 22 years old. It's really upsetting. He should have some freedom. And bad things happen when he tries to call me or tells me about details in his life.

I was wondering if you've been in a long distance relationship, how do you deal? Did you ever meet your partner in person?

I'm trying my best here. It's just so hard. Because there's nothing in this world that I want more than him.

Greedy Cat

lKita
Hi, I'm Morgan.
I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and 6 months on the 12th.
I've made a couple forums for my relationship issues, seeking opinions of Gaians.

So, I'll come again, say some basic things.

- He currently lives in Canada. I, Texas.
- He lives with his uncle. His parents died in a wreck when he was younger. His uncle was the only one that would take him in. His uncle is very strict. Like no electronics whatsoever. I'm lucky he lets my boyfriend on the computer.
- I've never heard his voice. Because his uncle won't let him call me. He's tried a payphone.
- I only have two pictures of him.
- We haven't met yet.
- The fact that we might not EVER meet, is killing me inside.

With that out of the way, I don't plan on giving up at all. Because I do love him with all my heart, and there are details that I can't give out with his situation. But I'm going to try and save my paychecks to get my passport renewed and going to Canada for a week or something to spend time with him.

We've talked about having a family, our wedding, my wedding ring, I mean. It's great. I love dreaming about it. But I want it to be a reality one day.
But his uncle won't let him do ANYTHING and he is 22 years old. It's really upsetting. He should have some freedom. And bad things happen when he tries to call me or tells me about details in his life.

I was wondering if you've been in a long distance relationship, how do you deal? Did you ever meet your partner in person?

I'm trying my best here. It's just so hard. Because there's nothing in this world that I want more than him.

It's late and my brain is slow and scattered right now, but I want to reply to your post before I go to sleep and forget or something, so please don't mind as I toss whatever thoughts I have out there.

I was/am in a kind of similar situation. Different circumstances of course, but I can understand some of the things you are feeling right now as I've felt the same at one point or another.

Similar distances as well; I'm from Canada, my partner from Texas.

I havn't met my partner yet, again due to circumstances, but I have no doubt that it will happen in the future as soon as our situations allow; I even have a crude countdown towards it.

It's hard. Of course it is, it has to be. But even if it's hard, even if it might be easier to just give up, he's the one that really changed my life and I don't think I could go back to a time before him now that we have shared this connection for this brief time. So all there is left is to just keep going until we make whatever dreams we have together a reality.

Being both stubborn people, the way I've dealt with it is just not think about it too much and enjoy whatever we have now. I can't offer too many advice in that department since my relationship has been pretty unconventional as well so we never did do much of those things people in LDRs usually do. Like your case, we can't talk on the phone, but otherwise it's the opposite case with you that we can't talk on the computer, but we use IM on our phones.

As for payphones though, I'd suggest those long distance calling cards instead, or a voice/video chatting program on the computer, depending on to what extend his uncle allows him to use the computer for. Open up all possible ways of communicating if you can.

He's 22, he might not have his freedom right now, but I don't think that can last forever. There will come a time when he will have the things he should have. It might be sooner than you'd think, or it might take a while, but either way, it's not impossible. If it happens to be the latter, can you bring yourself to hunker down and wait? Even waiting has different approaches to it. You can be grudging at having to wait and drag your feet, or you can resolve yourself to it and simply hold on for the ride, or you can be optimistic and look forward to the end, or even forget the whole notion of waiting altogether and focus on it one day/week/month at a time. Not that there's a sure right or wrong approach, they are just different, and you decide what works best for you.

If you both are serious about being together someday, then have faith in eachother that you will make it happen together. It's ok to have doubts sometimes, it's okay to express those doubts as well, as long as after the crying and longing and despair, you are still getting up and going forward, then you have nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff