Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Vampire

Might as well give an update on the LDR:

Jordan sent me a web-cam this past week and I've hooked it up to the computer, even though it took about 2 hours to get everything set up. We had our first web-chat last night, albeit a lot of lag on our ends.

But it was fun seeing her face again.
My boyfriend and I met on Reddit early last year and were about 5 hours away from each other. Saw each other every couple of months. On Christmas I moved in with him and it's the best choice I've ever made! I just want to give props to everyone in this thread because it's hard. I wish everybody luck in their relationships. smile

Punching Bag

I hope this thread is doing well! I use to post here a lot, when I had a different username / avatar. But that was like... early 2012? Have hope, everyone! Me and my boyfriend, who was LDR for so long, have been living together for almost 6 months now. <33 You can make it. c: The wait is worth it.

Original Gaian

15,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Hey guys, I highly doubt any of you all remember be back from my LDR whenmy ex and I movedto seperate Universities back in the Summer of 2011. I love that girl, and was nearly the point of proposing, we did roughly nine monthsof LDR with us havingspeant nearly five years dating while living right next to eachother. Long story short she cheated on me and dumped me.

So, fast forward a bit. After going a but crazy and "getting out there" so to speak, my friends and I wondered if Id even settle down with one woman again. One of my close friends got married last summer, and my date (worked across the street from me) and I met the first time around that time. She was from Vietnam, and was supposed to be going home about a month later. Somehow we clicked (even though we both didnt want to admit we liked eachother lol) and she kept getting her visa extended, finally leaving in September.

Im use to my LDR being four hours, driveable for V-day and stuff, however getting her visa is a hassle because of her home country. Were currently hoping to get back together in the summer to discuss moving forward, as I graduate this Winter, then next year I complete my graduate degree and will be relocating abroad.

Anyone have a good idea for V-Day?
so, it looks like the supreme court is going to make a decision on california's prop 8 this year

if it's challenged sufficiently, i'm hoping to marry my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. he lives in canada and domestic partnership rights here don't include immigration.

in other news im visiting him in april. ive never been to canada, it should be fun. c:

Fashionable Vampire

rocket executive
so, it looks like the supreme court is going to make a decision on california's prop 8 this year

if it's challenged sufficiently, i'm hoping to marry my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. he lives in canada and domestic partnership rights here don't include immigration.

in other news im visiting him in april. ive never been to canada, it should be fun. c:

c: Good luck to you both!

Dapper Gawker

It annoys me how after five years, my mom still undermines my relationship, referring to him as /does-finger-quoting/ "my boyfriend" and "my relationship." It makes me want to punch her.

Feral Kitten

2 weeks and 4 days since my new LDR started and still no word.. No letter or anything. One week til our daughter *should* be here.

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

Sermanther
It annoys me how after five years, my mom still undermines my relationship, referring to him as /does-finger-quoting/ "my boyfriend" and "my relationship." It makes me want to punch her.

I feel your pain. My mother, sister, and grandmother think it's like a game of pretend or something.

Like my grandma doesn't think it's even "possible" to call him my boyfriend.

My sister just likes to treat it like a joke.

My mother though has gotten better. While she still doesn't get our relationship she takes it more seriously.

I hope that your mother will start taking it seriously too.

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

Shadowed Prayer
2 weeks and 4 days since my new LDR started and still no word.. No letter or anything. One week til our daughter *should* be here.

I don't know your situation but is it possible for you to contact him? Or have you tried and he isn't replying?

Feral Kitten

Ladydemon_Lyn
Shadowed Prayer

I don't know your situation but is it possible for you to contact him? Or have you tried and he isn't replying?

He's in basic training, I have to wait for a letter from him for his address before I'm able to send him one.

Lilyness II's Husband

Sweet Kitten

Shadowed Prayer
Ladydemon_Lyn
Shadowed Prayer

He's in basic training, I have to wait for a letter from him for his address before I'm able to send him one.

I see. Well I hope he sends you something soon. I know nothing about that kind of stuff, but I wish you the best for both your LDR and child <3

Feral Kitten

Ladydemon_Lyn
Shadowed Prayer
Ladydemon_Lyn
Shadowed Prayer

I see. Well I hope he sends you something soon. I know nothing about that kind of stuff, but I wish you the best for both your LDR and child <3

Thank you. I knew it'll be a few weeks before I got anything.. But I just miss my Bear a lot and it's rough 'cause he's not here and won't be able to meet our daughter til she's like a month and half old.

Greedy Cat

Pumpkii

Anyone have a good idea for V-Day?

Exchange gifts and open them together on webcam, watch a movie together, dinner date over Skype, online game together, write a poem/song and read/sing it, etc.
Or just spend the day together talking and enjoy eachother's company.

Cluttered Witch

I'd like to think that I'm learning what patience is; but I think I just miss him too much for my own good.
yum_cupcake

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces