Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sifen Yamishi
Sorry for not posting so much, but I've been busy with college this past fall. Might as well ask for advice today:

How do you seriously manage being away from your significant other in an LDR? I ask because I only get to see my girlfriend every 4 months and it's just so painful being away from her.

sad

Awee. I suggest web camming! smile
In my last relationship we would cam all night. haha.

Fashionable Vampire

RhyolixxDeep246

I don't have one and hers went missing. sad That's the problem.
Sifen Yamishi
RhyolixxDeep246

I don't have one and hers went missing. sad That's the problem.

Hmmm...that's a shame :I
However you both should really try investing in one!
It's pretty fun and you'll get to see them every night!
TBH, you can't do much if its a long distance relationship, yearning for
that person is just part of being in a LDR biggrin

I'm sure you two already phone and text each other...so that's all I can think of.
I'm pretty skeptical about LDR so I'm not too experienced with it.
I wish you two the best of luck heart

Fashionable Vampire

RhyolixxDeep246

I'm sure you two already phone and text each other...so that's all I can think of.

It breaks down like this:
Texting+talking online=Every day
Phone calls=Maybe 3 times a week at most
Visits=Every 4-6 months

Her hope is to move up here by January 2014 at earliest, but she wants to get experience as a teacher first.
Sifen Yamishi
RhyolixxDeep246

Visits=Every 4-6 months

Her hope is to move up here by January 2014 at earliest, but she wants to get experience as a teacher first.

smile Well then "Patience" is the key here!
As dumb and obvious as that sounds, it seems most reasonable.
You seem to be a patient person already and to be missing her and putting
much effort into the relationship is great! smile

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for...lol
I hope I have helped you, even a little >.<

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hai guys im not really in need of advice or anything, just venting because I just feel so depressed at how much I miss my boyfriend. We're in college and our homes are on opposite sides of the country, so we're only apart for a month right now for the winter break. We skype basically every night even if were not talking, just leave it on to feel near each other, I just really miss actually being near him, and Im sure thats something everyone here can relate to so I know my problem is nothing new but it's just hard when I've spent practically everyday with him before to now a month without seeing him, and once it hits summer break 3 months. sighhhhh cat_sad
Sifen Yamishi
RhyolixxDeep246

Visits=Every 4-6 months

When we were apart for 3-6 months at a time, we would do those things plus Skype plus we would send photos: of ourselves, things we saw that day, silly pictures, etc. It helped us feel more like we were together because we could see what the other one saw on a daily basis. I didn't have a phone that could send/receive photos but he could check email on his phone, so we sent them that way. Now, I have a phone that sends photos and I send him random photos, photos of the house renos, photos of stupid signs, anything to help break his day up a little. We have a 3 hour time difference between us so if we know we won't get to talk that night, we'll leave an offline message for the other person talking about our day. Then that person will leave a message for the other person to read in the morning. It avoids our cellphones beeping at 3am.

It's tough but when you're finally together for good, the reunion is amazing!

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Patience is kinda losing out. i'm tempted to just dump a bunch of cash into shipping a webcam.

Greedy Cat

Cecilia Davidson
Patience is kinda losing out. i'm tempted to just dump a bunch of cash into shipping a webcam.

Are there no local stores that sell them? They are like, 20 bucks or so I think, a worthy investment.

Lonely Lunatic

I started a new work placement this week so have been lurking/absent. My guy is also home for two weeks so computer time greatly decreases while he is here. Hope everyone is well!

Sanguarian Muffin's Significant Otter

Dapper Dabbler

I think I have peeped in before, but it's been like...literally years. eek

I really hate my girlfriend living on the other side of the country. gonk I need to move.

Aged Hoarder

I figured I post. Well, we're still waiting for our K1 visa to be approved (NOA2?) and that usually takes 5-7 months >.< Hopefully, we can finally be together within this year, sometime around August/September maybe.

For now, chatting on Skype before I go to sleep and right after he wakes up keeps us sane, as well as talking on yahoo while I'm at work.

He starts working a couple of weeks from now, and I'm kinda scared our chat times and talks would decrease. But at least there's always the weekend.

Magical Shounen

9,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Soon It'll be four months for my girlfriend and I! We're basically on opposite ends of the United States. User Image

Sanguarian Muffin's Significant Otter

Dapper Dabbler

Dream of the Butterfly
User Image
Soon It'll be four months for my girlfriend and I! We're basically on opposite ends of the United States. User Image

I feel your pain. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces