Welcome to Gaia! ::

Diamond Regular

Lilith Chidarake
Sergeant Baby Bear
Oh, guys, I think we should just disban. I mean, obviously, multiple marriages, engagements and even children with our LDR partners in this group alone, they can't work!

Wow. To think I've wasted YEARS on Chris. I'll just have to wait until he can get to internet again and inform him, I mean, because LDR's can't work, and aren't working every day!

What a joke. The IDEA that not even one could work.

Ooh totally! Jefferson (Kiba Chidarake) purposed to me in person and he lives 2,000+ miles away from me, he totally paid for 2 trips for me to come meet his friends who are like family and also his family..

I am SO very sure he doesn't love me and DOESN'T want to make it work.

I agree! I guess from 2003 till NOW is a HUGE joke.

Oh how to think I was 13 and now 21 and he was 15 almost 23.. tsk

Unfortunately, we've all been mislead Dear. We must be just hopeless romantics in our own little worlds.

Diamond Regular

However; onto less ignorant things...

What did some of you need to move out? I'm trying to make a list for Chris and I and I'm simply getting stumped!

Any thoughts?
Sergeant Baby Bear
Lilith Chidarake
Sergeant Baby Bear
Oh, guys, I think we should just disban. I mean, obviously, multiple marriages, engagements and even children with our LDR partners in this group alone, they can't work!

Wow. To think I've wasted YEARS on Chris. I'll just have to wait until he can get to internet again and inform him, I mean, because LDR's can't work, and aren't working every day!

What a joke. The IDEA that not even one could work.

Ooh totally! Jefferson (Kiba Chidarake) purposed to me in person and he lives 2,000+ miles away from me, he totally paid for 2 trips for me to come meet his friends who are like family and also his family..

I am SO very sure he doesn't love me and DOESN'T want to make it work.

I agree! I guess from 2003 till NOW is a HUGE joke.

Oh how to think I was 13 and now 21 and he was 15 almost 23.. tsk

Unfortunately, we've all been mislead Dear. We must be just hopeless romantics in our own little worlds.

-Snaps fingers-

Damn..and all this time I THOUGHT he was in love with me for WHO I am and getting told by family and friends that the distance is REALLY what helps our hearts grow. Tsk. Should've never believed it. Knew it was TOO good to be TRUE.
Sergeant Baby Bear

What did some of you need to move out? I'm trying to make a list for Chris and I and I'm simply getting stumped!

Any thoughts?

Clothing
Bedding
Bed
Table
Refridge
Oven
Towels
Shampoo
Conditioner
Laundry Detergent
Washer / Dryer
Water (to drink in case water doesn't work)
Tooth paste
Tooth brush
Razor
Dresser (if no closet)
TV (if you wanna watch tv)
Computer

& few more things.

Greedy Cat

Sergeant Baby Bear

Any thoughts?

Will you have to bring everything including furniture when you move? What are some things the house you'll be moving into already has?

Diamond Regular

Sophisticated Simplicity
Sergeant Baby Bear

Any thoughts?

Will you have to bring everything including furniture when you move? What are some things the house you'll be moving into already has?

I don't know about the washer/dryer situation. But I hear that it has a refrigerator. Other than that; I have most kitchen utensils/appliances already. We have a futon for the living-room, as well as multiple t.v.'s, a bed with an iron frame, plenty of blankets and clothes and things.

I'm mostly looking for those little things people forget; like Windex, toilet bowl cleaners, etc. (However, not limited to cleaning supplies. XD )

Greedy Cat

Sergeant Baby Bear
I don't know about the washer/dryer situation. But I hear that it has a refrigerator. Other than that; I have most kitchen utensils/appliances already. We have a futon for the living-room, as well as multiple t.v.'s, a bed with an iron frame, plenty of blankets and clothes and things.

I'm mostly looking for those little things people forget; like Windex, toilet bowl cleaners, etc. (However, not limited to cleaning supplies. XD )

Ahh, I wouldn't worry too much about those things then. You can buy them once you are there as you go along and find out what you're missing. If it's not stuff you can't live without. A first aid kit just in case, that might be important, towels, soap, paper towel, a little bit of basic tools like a multihead screwdriver and duct tape, matches...But yeah, you don't have to have EVERYTHING ready right when you move in, it'd make the move more stressful and expensive. Just make sure you have the daily necessities and get the rest once you're there.
Sophisticated Simplicity
Sergeant Baby Bear

Ahh, I wouldn't worry too much about those things then. You can buy them once you are there as you go along and find out what you're missing. If it's not stuff you can't live without. A first aid kit just in case, that might be important, towels, soap, paper towel, a little bit of basic tools like a multihead screwdriver and duct tape, matches...But yeah, you don't have to have EVERYTHING ready right when you move in, it'd make the move more stressful and expensive. Just make sure you have the daily necessities and get the rest once you're there.

It might help to just carry around a pad of paper and note what you use on a daily basis. You can buy things gradually, you just need a master list so you don't forget things.

I second Zowie on the emergency supplies. GET A FLASHLIGHT.

I don't know if you & Chris have a system set up yet, but an accordion folder or small filing cabinet for important documents will come in really useful for tracking finances, keeping furniture/appliance warranties, car repair stuff, bank statements ... I keep a budget spreadsheet on my computer, and file papers in an accordion folder. I'll probably do a new accordion folder every year.

Dapper Gawker

Sergeant Baby Bear
@Quacko:

I really stopped caring about peoples opinions. Really, if you're going to come in and say that they're a waste of time, I don't care how long you were in one or how awful it was, I'm not going to give any advice or anything. Their blatant rude and disrespectful behavior in a SUPPORT thread is annoying. So we're just spitting back the same "childish" mannerisms.

IMO, I'd rather change their minds about LDRs rather than make them hate us more, you know?

Diamond Regular

@Quacko:

He seemed rather definitive on his view. I don't think anything I, as a person on the internet, could say to him to make him open up his view point. Because I'm merely someone on the internet, and not physically in front of him. So he doesn't understand.

Heroic Mage

Sadly, I think they're just about as likely to change their mind, as we are.

Not very likely at all. confused

Feral Kitten

My marriage is going to make it!!! The only good thing that has come out of my cat go missing is that we had the convo that we should have had weeks ago. But with my non human best friend missing, I'm clinging so much more to Micah. I am literally heartbroken over Mischa getting outside.
Guuuuuuuuyyyssss Look what someone drew for me.

User Image

Generous Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
Faye Kaiba
Guuuuuuuuyyyssss Look what someone drew for me.

User Image

Sweet.
Comment; Awesome cake surprised

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
Well. Im currently in one at the moment. -crossing fingers- emotion_donotwant
We live in the same state. Thank goodness... I live in the L.A Area. And he lives near san Francisco. It's going smoothly because we are planning to meet up soon. [Nervous. :face palm:] Trying to stay strong and be supportive. But over think a lot.. I mean a lot. So thoughts of being cheated and him not particularly finding much emotion in this.. Always lingers. Kinda wish'd the feeling wasn't here.. Painful. But care for this person too much. BUT. Anyways.

How is everyone doing this afternoon~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces