Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Oh my God! How the ******** do you people live your relationships like that?

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image
Roslin
used to get depressed during dances or just general couple type things, like Valentine's Day, but you learn to get used to those, and take your victories where you can.

I've a friend that gets depressed by just seeing other couples, because she's in a long distance relationship too

Thing is, that has never happened to me :/
I get excited, actually, thinking about all the cool stuff we're gonna do together, how we would celebrate special days like these, but I've never EVER gotten sad over that
My boyfriend either

but IDK
I often think about how it's gonna be when we first see each other 4laugh but some people just can't do that cause they get sad :/

Perfect Trash

Nurse Feratu
User Image

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image
Oh honestly. Coming from someone who was previously against ever being in a long distance relationship, it's not THAT bad. rolleyes

It's just like any other relationship. You do what you need to do to be with the person(s) you want to be with. If the circumstances suck a little and you still want to be with them, you deal.
Nurse Feratu
User Image

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image

It's not that hard, I'm sure, if people don't need -ahem- "physical stimulation" to continue a relationship. As long as they are willing to develop feelings for one another by texting, messaging, and talking on the phone, the distance doesn't seem as bad.
Click it

I'm in one now
I've been in oen for almost 5 months
We started talking over the summer at the end of August I do believe

He came here last month to come see me
and he's coming back in two or three weeks to come see me again whee

My mom has no problem with this. If I'm happy then she is
& My family really likes him so it's all gravy.

You know you want to
Rented Aphid
Nurse Feratu
User Image

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image

It's not that hard, I'm sure, if people don't need -ahem- "physical stimulation" to continue a relationship. As long as they are willing to develop feelings for one another by texting, messaging, and talking on the phone, the distance doesn't seem as bad.

User Image
You're not trying to insinuate something, are you?

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image
I'm 18, he's 18.
I live in Canada... He lives in England.
We met on my front porch four years ago.
LOL, if that was a real wtf, lemme explain: his cousin (Canadian) was dating my sister.
I made him coffee.
We went on really long walks together, and just talked for his two remaining weeks left here. We never really kissed, or held hands, or anything romantic like that... well, we did dance in the street late at night... But there was no admittance to feelings, until about a year later.
We still talk. Almost every day. We are NOT official... That's... Too hard for the both of us, we're both a tad... physical. We've dated other people, but neither he nor I have met anyone we could devote ourselves to other than eachother. We're always there for eachother, to talk to. He's done school, completely. I'm not quite out of high school, and I want to become a teacher.
I'm going to visit him in August, it'll be the first time I've seen him IRL since the last night he was here. Maybe for a week or two. Then I'm coming back home to do school stuff... but I fully intend on moving out to be with him. I want to devote my life to making him the happiest man alive.

It will take a lot more time and effort than a not-so-long-distance reationship.
But I think it's worth it.

Profitable Survivor

16,825 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
My boyfriend and I actually met here on gaia in a thread we both talked in on this forum.He just turned 25 and I turned 18 in december.We kinda knew each other when I first started going to the thread but talked rarely...but we knew who the other was.Then I got into a bad relationship and he helped me through the rough times and we started talking almost everyday.Then we kinda just talked about being together and we kinda just slid into it...no official asking out or anything...it just kinda happened.We started dating in september of 08 and I moved to be with him in december.I lived in PA and he lived in MI.We've been together for 5mths total and almost 2mths actually living together.We couldn't be happier.

Long distance relationships are so totally worth it in the end when you are finally with the person you love.
Nurse Feratu
User Image

Sincerely,
~Nurse Feratu~
User Image

Trust, Patience and Love.
Veronica_Valentine
I am in LDR as of now. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years. Only the past two months have been Long distance, he is only 4 hours away, but I am in another country. We saw each other everyday, and lived together for a year and a half. We originally moved from michigan to canada, he left everything behind so he could come up with me, sadly, it didn't work out that he could live here, so he is back in the states, restarting everything again. It been hard, but I have found it's easier if you occupy yourself, since why I am on gaia all the time. Also hearing from him everyday makes it easier. I'm sure this will make our relationship stronger,and I congratulate anyone that has successfully been through this, or going through any LDR. I will be moving down with him in March, until then, I will be anxiously waiting.

Awhh I wish you two the best of luck!
LynJah
Chloe_the_Cursed
Ya, we've already had a few conversations about what it will be like and we figured it would be awkward at first, but we can't wait until that time comes. It's the waiting that's hard. gonk

Where are you staying at and how long? Going with anyone else?

It`s easier if you guys are gonna do something together. But don`t go to movies or anything - you won`t get to talk at all D: Dinner sounds nice heart

He is going to come visit me for the whole month of July. He'll be staying with his uncle who is like 2 hours away, but come down to see me on the weekends.
Lita_Jimenez
Roslin
used to get depressed during dances or just general couple type things, like Valentine's Day, but you learn to get used to those, and take your victories where you can.

I've a friend that gets depressed by just seeing other couples, because she's in a long distance relationship too

Thing is, that has never happened to me :/
I get excited, actually, thinking about all the cool stuff we're gonna do together, how we would celebrate special days like these, but I've never EVER gotten sad over that
My boyfriend either

but IDK
I often think about how it's gonna be when we first see each other 4laugh but some people just can't do that cause they get sad :/

I love to spend my time thinking about that kind of stuff too. Like how we'll act when we first see each other in real life? What will we do? How will it turn out? It's fun to imagine being together, especially on days like Valentine's Day or something.
B~lood~S~hed
My boyfriend and I actually met here on gaia in a thread we both talked in on this forum.He just turned 25 and I turned 18 in december.We kinda knew each other when I first started going to the thread but talked rarely...but we knew who the other was.Then I got into a bad relationship and he helped me through the rough times and we started talking almost everyday.Then we kinda just talked about being together and we kinda just slid into it...no official asking out or anything...it just kinda happened.We started dating in september of 08 and I moved to be with him in december.I lived in PA and he lived in MI.We've been together for 5mths total and almost 2mths actually living together.We couldn't be happier.

Long distance relationships are so totally worth it in the end when you are finally with the person you love.

heart Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. You would be great to give advice to others.

Profitable Survivor

16,825 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Chibi_Ice_Angel
B~lood~S~hed

heart Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. You would be great to give advice to others.

Hehe i'm not so great of an advice giver.

But i'll try if I read something and I can think of something to say.=)
I myself have been in a LDR for just a couple of monthes now, which was part of my reason for starting this thread. I knew LDRs were very common and I failed to find a thread on Gaia that specifically addressed this. If there is another one I apologize, however I think this thread will be tremendiously helpful to a lot of people. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 monthes now, and for the last 2 our relationship has been long distance. We have experianced some of the bumps in the road ,and I'm sure there are more to come, but I know that our love is stronger then 3000 miles. I did research on the topic and would love to help anyone who needs it. I may not be able to answer all your questions but if I can't maybe someone else can. I have already seen some splendid advice being given .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff