Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lover

I'm in a L.D. relationship. We've been going out for 15 months and I love him to death.
We will see each other July 22nd. I can't wait!
He lives in S.C, I Live in Fl.
So, he is coming down.
Our parents are okay with each others partner.
He's 18, Ill be 18 in may.

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300
I'm in one now and I never want it to end. Were both 16 and I live in Florida and she lives in Washington. Is there anyway we can keep our love strong throughout the whole time were away from each other? No, we haven't met each other in rl. But we plan too.
We met when I was 13 and he was 14.

We`re still together after 4 years. We met twice; last august was the the recent. I met his parents and vice versa.

I guess you can say LDR are seriously hard to keep up with - especially with the topic of trusting & committing. We were constantly on the phone together/online/or playing games.

We're both 17 and 18 now. And we're in the phase where we`re about to move to the next step O:! -Oh and I live NorCali & he lives in SoCal

Fashionable Smoker

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I am in LDR as of now. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years. Only the past two months have been Long distance, he is only 4 hours away, but I am in another country. We saw each other everyday, and lived together for a year and a half. We originally moved from michigan to canada, he left everything behind so he could come up with me, sadly, it didn't work out that he could live here, so he is back in the states, restarting everything again. It been hard, but I have found it's easier if you occupy yourself, since why I am on gaia all the time. Also hearing from him everyday makes it easier. I'm sure this will make our relationship stronger,and I congratulate anyone that has successfully been through this, or going through any LDR. I will be moving down with him in March, until then, I will be anxiously waiting.
TowerCorp
i'm in this kind of relationship too, at the moment <3 i'm 15 i live in Italy, he's 17 and lives in Canada. He's the first person i've ever fallen in love with and the most beautiful thing ever happened to me, and we're going to meet as soon as possible, depspise the language barrier (i can't speak english), distance, ticket price, and a lot of other reasons. <3
Woah, woah. You can't speak english?
Finally a somewhat official thread dedicated to the support of long distance relationships! I've been in need of advice at times. sweatdrop Definitely subscribing.

Anyways, I'm in a long distance relationship with a guy in Florida. I'm in California and we're both 18. It's my first relationship and it will be a year old in a week. He will be visiting me this summer and it will be the first time meeting in real life. mrgreen heart
I'm in a long distance relationship, and I'm very happy 4laugh
We started going out June 9th 2007, and I've never been happier
even though we can't see each other yet, not even talk on the phone.. the only way we can talk is through the internet, but that's okay for now.
We're gonna see each other on Christmas this year (my family is going with me, too), and a lot of people have bothered me about this [of course xD]
it used to hurt me a lot, but now I don't really care anymore; they can say whatever they want, but my feelings won't change 4laugh
I'm very excited to go see him this year whee Time flies, so I'll be there before I know it XD
Chloe_the_Cursed
Finally a somewhat official thread dedicated to the support of long distance relationships! I've been in need of advice at times. sweatdrop Definitely subscribing.

Anyways, I'm in a long distance relationship with a guy in Florida. I'm in California and we're both 18. It's my first relationship and it will be a year old in a week. He will be visiting me this summer and it will be the first time meeting in real life. mrgreen heart

Wow, good luck - though I know you won`t need it.

It will be very awkward at first; for me, i didn`t really know what to do when I saw him for the first time. I was very terrified! But thank goodness he helped me become more comfortable as we hung out more biggrin Hopefully there`s no awkwardness between you too when the time comes - it really is different talking in real life! sweatdrop
XxSilentsoulxX
Is there anyway we can keep our love strong throughout the whole time were away from each other?.

I`ve always believed that constant reminder that you`re there for her & that you love her is always the key. In LDR, small things come along way. For example, my bf and I are always sending each other cute text messages. I think it`s very important to feel as though you are secure in your relationship even though you guys are a million hearts apart. Hope I`m a bit of help! ^_^~
LynJah
Chloe_the_Cursed

Wow, good luck - though I know you won`t need it.

It will be very awkward at first; for me, i didn`t really know what to do when I saw him for the first time. I was very terrified! But thank goodness he helped me become more comfortable as we hung out more biggrin Hopefully there`s no awkwardness between you too when the time comes - it really is different talking in real life! sweatdrop

Ya, we've already had a few conversations about what it will be like and we figured it would be awkward at first, but we can't wait until that time comes. It's the waiting that's hard. gonk

Royal Shayde's Prince

I been to two long-distance relationships. I was 14 on my first one and she was 15. She's from Arkansas and i was from North Carolina. We lasted for a year untill her parents got it to her head it wouldn't work out v.v I'm 15 on my other one while she's 14(ironic eek ) and lives in california. I'm with her right now and i love her to death^-^ To everyone else who's in one, i praise u. Her parents tell her it won't work out and so does my parents. But we believe it'll work out and we'll visit someday.
My sister is in one. I've always been kind of against them, but I'm being supportive. My fiance and I are taking her to visit him soon.
Chloe_the_Cursed
Ya, we've already had a few conversations about what it will be like and we figured it would be awkward at first, but we can't wait until that time comes. It's the waiting that's hard. gonk

Where are you staying at and how long? Going with anyone else?

It`s easier if you guys are gonna do something together. But don`t go to movies or anything - you won`t get to talk at all D: Dinner sounds nice heart
I have been in a long distance relationship for almost five years now. We met when I was 13 and he was 14, and then for my 16th birthday he came up to visit me. The following summer I visited him. He came up for my senior prom, and then again this past Christmas. I'm visiting him again this upcoming summer. After we both graduate from college we plan to live together.

We met online and purely IM'd for a good 8 plus months before we made our first phone call. It was awkward talking at first but now the phone is our main way of talking.

I used to get depressed during dances or just general couple type things, like Valentine's Day, but you learn to get used to those, and take your victories where you can.

Luis is the best thing that ever happened to me. He's supported me and listened through some of the hardest times in my life (mostly regarding my family) and probably knows me better than anyone else. We've just been there for each other.

I live in Maryland and he lives 1200 miles away in Texas. It can be hard, but I feel like it let our relationship mature without the instant complications of having a physical relationship. We connect on a mental and emotional way, and are building on a more physical relationship every time we see each other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff