Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Streaker

1 year so far and counting. Im in Southern Canada and hes in NJ. So the distance is only a 2 hour plane trip. I plan to see him when i finish Highschool in two years, maybe sooner depending on my parents. I havent told them yet :/ I just do not know how too, we have talked on the phone many times and its amazing how we just clicked, i thought it would be awkward but not in the least.

Question: How did you tell your parents?

His mom already knows
TowerCorp
i'm in this kind of relationship too, at the moment <3 i'm 15 i live in Italy, he's 17 and lives in Canada. He's the first person i've ever fallen in love with and the most beautiful thing ever happened to me, and we're going to meet as soon as possible, depspise the language barrier (i can't speak english), distance, ticket price, and a lot of other reasons. <3

that really is quite inspiring.... heart knowing that you have a language barrier. but you can show the person you love (once you are together) that you love them without words.... 3nodding makes me feel like I have a good chance. the young man I am kinda with only lives an hour in half away and we both speak boring English. I like that story, thank you.
LynJah
We met when I was 13 and he was 14.

We`re still together after 4 years. We met twice; last august was the the recent. I met his parents and vice versa.

I guess you can say LDR are seriously hard to keep up with - especially with the topic of trusting & committing. We were constantly on the phone together/online/or playing games.

We're both 17 and 18 now. And we're in the phase where we`re about to move to the next step O:! -Oh and I live NorCali & he lives in SoCal

only met him two times and it has been 4 years already? gosh... that is something truly amazing whee
LynJah
XxSilentsoulxX
Is there anyway we can keep our love strong throughout the whole time were away from each other?.

I`ve always believed that constant reminder that you`re there for her & that you love her is always the key. In LDR, small things come along way. For example, my bf and I are always sending each other cute text messages. I think it`s very important to feel as though you are secure in your relationship even though you guys are a million hearts apart. Hope I`m a bit of help! ^_^~

yes, that is true - on facebook, me and the person I am kind of with send each other many gifts on there and cute little messages with them. also, we talk on AIM and with the web cam for hours as well as the phone. each little thing you do for that someone goes a long way, I agree so much.
xXV3NXx
I been to two long-distance relationships. I was 14 on my first one and she was 15. She's from Arkansas and i was from North Carolina. We lasted for a year untill her parents got it to her head it wouldn't work out v.v I'm 15 on my other one while she's 14(ironic eek ) and lives in california. I'm with her right now and i love her to death^-^ To everyone else who's in one, i praise u. Her parents tell her it won't work out and so does my parents. But we believe it'll work out and we'll visit someday.

wow, that sounds very romantic - your patents trying to break you up... whee but that can be a time where you can prove to them as well as her that it is met to be. good luck and do not lose hope!
I'm in a temporary long distance relationship while I'm studying in germany for a year. I get to see my boyfriend in 7 hours!!! So excited! I've not seen him in months and I've missed him so much.
*dances*
S e c k z e t t e
1 year so far and counting. Im in Southern Canada and hes in NJ. So the distance is only a 2 hour plane trip. I plan to see him when i finish Highschool in two years, maybe sooner depending on my parents. I havent told them yet :/ I just do not know how too, we have talked on the phone many times and its amazing how we just clicked, i thought it would be awkward but not in the least.

His mom already knows

Ahh yes telling your parents can be a big bump. If they are comfortable with you dating people close by then I would think that an LDR would actually put them more at ease. Avoiding those more physical aspects for the time being usually puts parents in a more pleasent mood about the relationship. Also it takes a lot of maturity to commit to a LDR. It shows planning and patience that a lot of young people in close distance relationships don't develop.
This is a pretty kl thread. But what kind of things would you ask here? sweatdrop
But yeah, I'll share my experience tho. I'm with my boyf Jason; I live in Florida he lives way over in Scotland. We're going on 4 months, which has gone by pretty fast but it feels like I've known him my entire life. We had first met on a thread of mine called 'Ask A Gay' I had placed in the GD and have been best friends ever since.
I'll stay here and answer questions. I love talking about him. redface
Rainbow Bracelets
This is a pretty kl thread. But what kind of things would you ask here? sweatdrop
But yeah, I'll share my experience tho. I'm with my boyf Jason; I live in Florida he lives way over in Scotland. We're going on 4 months, which has gone by pretty fast but it feels like I've known him my entire life. We had first met on a thread of mine called 'Ask A Gay' I had placed in the GD and have been best friends ever since.

Thank you very much. Most of the questions we have gotten so far have been about things liek talking to family about it, and keeping the fire alive in your relationship, and overcoming jealousy. You sound like you could give spledid advice.
I think I am in one now.... rofl he asked me and I wanted to wait, but when I woke up this morning I knew what I had to do and what my answer was.... we have been talking for about 2 months now and we had our 1st date yesterday (on v-day heart ) he only lives an hour and a half away and we promise to see each other at least once or twice a month. we met on a dating site, also he is 23 and I am 21. I am so very happy and feel so sure of it now that I have met him in person. I think as long as you feel the same with someone and am completely honest, anything can happen and you can make anything work. thank you all for telling your stories, it gives me hope and faith in all this. 4laugh I feel wonderful right now.
S e c k z e t t e

His mom already knows

We haven't. It's a lot more complicated then just telling our parents its a long distance relationship, anyway. They don't approve of our relationship without even knowing us as a person because we're in a gay relationship. There's a little more to it then that, but yeah, in a nutshell.
I've told my Aunt about him some, I didn't bring up that we were in a LDR, though. I'm not keeping it a secret or something, it's just I don't see the point in setting myself up for a negative reaction. I'll tell her when the right time comes, though. Like if she asks where he lives or something, lol.

Lavish Streaker

Chibi_Ice_Angel
S e c k z e t t e

His mom already knows

Ahh yes telling your parents can be a big bump. If they are comfortable with you dating people close by then I would think that an LDR would actually put them more at ease. Avoiding those more physical aspects for the time being usually puts parents in a more pleasent mood about the relationship. Also it takes a lot of maturity to commit to a LDR. It shows planning and patience that a lot of young people in close distance relationships don't develop.

Well im not exactly a hormone crazed teenager xD My parents are actually pretty cool with me dating although i never bothered because the boys in my area still think locking a teacher out a classroom is halarious, and from experiences in my life i can honestly say i am alot more mature than most girls my own age, so im quite serious about our LDR...on another note my parents have talked to him and really like him. They just don't know he is in America :/
crosstoe
I'm in a temporary long distance relationship while I'm studying in germany for a year. I get to see my boyfriend in 7 hours!!! So excited! I've not seen him in months and I've missed him so much.
*dances*

That sounds so nice. I hope you both have a great time.
Chibi_Ice_Angel
Rainbow Bracelets

Thank you very much. Most of the questions we have gotten so far have been about things liek talking to family about it, and keeping the fire alive in your relationship, and overcoming jealousy. You sound like you could give spledid advice.

You're welcome~
Ah, I see. +Maybe. I'll do what I can, lol. whee
Mainly cause I wanna get rid of my current mental squee... (I'm still all giddy over my 6 month relationship with my girl heart )

July 8th I'll be having a massive important day for me. ^^ I'll become 20, and I'll also be leaving this hellhole of a home to move in with my 24 year old fiancee. I gotta say, it's gonna be a big difference... the openness of the Netherlands regarding bisexuality and atheism, into going to the Bible Belt of the US. According to my fiancee it's not that big a deal, but... I still think it's gonna be awkward.

Think it was about a 9 to 12 hour trip by plane. It'll cost me a lot, and I'll have to work hard to keep the job she (thankfully) got me - and, to after a year, find a new job so I can stay there... But it's so worth it. ^^ She's been my friend for years, helped me through a lot and I tried to be there for her as much as I can...

Just a pity though that we speak Dutch in my country and that it'd cost about 5000 euro's to get her here... better health care and we'd be able to get married. But I'm not complaining (too much). xD

Telling my mom was a scary thing, but she's thankfully accepted it... my sister doesn't know (don't want to tell her. ;; she's a mass homophobe), and... considering my sister got it from my father, I'm glad he's dead so he can't throw a fuss about how 'a daughter of his' could fall in love with a girl -gag-'. Not sure how my grandpa'd react if he was alive... think rather two sided, since he was a strict Christian but I was also his favourite... xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff