Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so there is this guy I want to date. He lives in Germany, I live in America. I'm thinking about asking him out <<happy>>. I'm wondering if I can actually do it, how we would meet, and maybe how I can tell my parents?

Some background info. He lives in Germany as previously stated, with his friends. They are in a band (Death Shadow). He is 17, I'm 14. No biggie. His friends are cool. 2 sets of twins and 2 brothers, and him. Right now the live in a hotel <<rolfol>>. I have two friends who are dating two of the others, and it's working out fine for them. They all are the kind of people who can feel connected with people and stay true to them without being together.

My problem? I don't know how to ask him out, I'm wondering if it would work, and how the hell would I tell my parents. I mean, it's not like they'll freak out if I say "Hey I have a boyfriend 3 years older than me who lives on the other side of the world, when can we meet?" I'm sure my mom will be fine with it as long as she can talk to him online, on the phone, and on webcam (which we sadly don't have, maybe for my birthday/christmas?).

Any of you had similar problems? Anyone want to help? Or give advice? Or something... you can message me too if you want just don't comment on my profile because one of his bandmates is one of my friends and sometimes checks, not to mention the others who know what this is about.

And Madelyn if you here: SHUT UP lol

Life Issues?
wow, a verrrrrrrry long distance relationship sweatdrop
and....

your the girl....

how come you're the one who's asking the boy out??

just wondering, sorry if i did offend you... sweatdrop
I met a guy over an online video game when I was 13, approximately five years ago. I just got back from his house after visiting him for five months. We're engaged to be married and I'm moving in with him soon. So there's your proof.

Long distant relationships can work if two people want it and try really hard. But talking to someone online and in real life are two different things. At 14, it's unlikely that you'll see him until you're 18. That's four years. Are you both willing to wait that long? Will either of you be willing to relocate (and have the money to do so)?

If you can get past all of that, then go for it. If it works out, then good for you. If it doesn't... Well, at least you'll have life experience.
Ersebet Von Selinger
I met a guy over an online video game when I was 13, approximately five years ago. I just got back from his house after visiting him for five months. We're engaged to be married and I'm moving in with him soon. So there's your proof.

Long distant relationships can work if two people want it and try really hard. But talking to someone online and in real life are two different things. At 14, it's unlikely that you'll see him until you're 18. That's four years. Are you both willing to wait that long? Will either of you be willing to relocate (and have the money to do so)?

If you can get past all of that, then go for it. If it works out, then good for you. If it doesn't... Well, at least you'll have life experience.

then good, it did work for you.. 4laugh

Ladykiller

User Image

I met my boyfriend online. We were best friends over the phone for awhile. Although there wasn't much keeping us apart from each other irl (a 3hour car drive or a day going on trains), we didn't meet up until about 3 weeks into our relationship.

I lived with him for a little while a couple of months back and am moving back in with him relatively soon.

:] I moved back to my mum's to finish school and I did! I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go visit/stay with my boyfriend and his family. 3nodding

We knew each other for about 4-6 months before we met irl. User Image
It depends..
steamboat milly
User Image

I met my boyfriend online. We were best friends over the phone for awhile. Although there wasn't much keeping us apart from each other irl (a 3hour car drive or a day going on trains), we didn't meet up until about 3 weeks into our relationship.

I lived with him for a little while a couple of months back and am moving back in with him relatively soon.

:] I moved back to my mum's to finish school and I did! I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go visit/stay with my boyfriend and his family. 3nodding

We knew each other for about 4-6 months before we met irl. User Image

good luck to both of you then 3nodding
Imperial_whispers
It depends..

yea..
If both of you two are committed, I don't see the problem in it. The timezone thing sucks but I talk to people internationally [and I WOULD be able to handle a LDR] and I think it's doable, as long as both parties involved understand how hard it will be and that it actually counts as a REAL relationship. I'm also advocating it because there are people that I want to be with that don't live near me so I'm in the same situation, ish.

Also since he's in a band, just know that probably a lot of girls are around being annoying, and I'm sure that he'd be able to handle the "temptation" or whatever.

As for how to ask, just take a deep breath and do it. I've learned not to prolong the agony of just waiting. Just DO it, y'know? If you guys are on the same page then I'm sure it'll work out.

Plus your friends are doing it so you have something to fall back on. Good luck!!
Ersebet Von Selinger

Well I'm hoping to move to Germany anyways, me and a few friends. My parents don't know yet but... and I think that he could come visit me if he really wanted to, plus 4 years saves up a lot of money. lol
le solitaire
If both of you two are committed, I don't see the problem in it. The timezone thing sucks but I talk to people internationally [and I WOULD be able to handle a LDR] and I think it's doable, as long as both parties involved understand how hard it will be and that it actually counts as a REAL relationship. I'm also advocating it because there are people that I want to be with that don't live near me so I'm in the same situation, ish.

Also since he's in a band, just know that probably a lot of girls are around being annoying, and I'm sure that he'd be able to handle the "temptation" or whatever.

As for how to ask, just take a deep breath and do it. I've learned not to prolong the agony of just waiting. Just DO it, y'know? If you guys are on the same page then I'm sure it'll work out.

Plus your friends are doing it so you have something to fall back on. Good luck!!

It's not like they're a major band, but yeah... if it's guys then I'm ok with it, he doesn't like dating guys, and I think he wouldn't get serious with another girl.
-Sees the word Germany and skips the rest-
Unless you enjoy people dumping on your chest, it's not worth it.

Toxic Unicorn

12,950 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
you're 14 and he lives in germany. the odds are against you. i could see if you were 18 or even 17, but 14? i don't see this working. your parents probably won't think it's a good idea either, an older guy coming to see you from another country you met on the internet, and really i don't blame them. i seriously doubt they'd let their little girl wander off to a foreign country to meet her internet boyfriend either.

how long will this sitting around waiting to meet go on? that's where it usually fizzles. so why can't you all just be friends til you can actually meet? why does a romantic relationship have to be part of it before you even meet? can't you just be friends first?
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces