Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Most of the people I know like that are people from bars and who are known around there.

A few of them are good friends of mine.

others I just know by reputation.

There is this old dutch gentleman I know named Barny. Speaks fluent cantonese, smokes a pipe, as old as my dad, has that dutch english colonial accent going on, Always going on about his very politically incorrect blog. He also created a cocktail called a henry darger.... yep

Then there was sacha who was probably the closest thing to the fedora stereotype that you all are on about on here all the time. Wore a black kilt, a fedora and all in all looked like some kind of norse beatnik. Was bi, a dom, and the bad boy of erotic romance writers. No I'm not kidding, that is how he introduces himself. I have never read his books not being his demographic but apparently he is t=rather successful

Then there's Johnny and Nicky the Barber. I have met Johnny. Picture tony but if tony literally just came out of a time machine from the mid 40s. Likes guns, and nothing in his house is newer than 50 years old save for a dvd player to watch classic movies. In the army and has a private security business. Seems a tad paranoid. Usually has a small piece on him. With the way things have been in the city i can't blame him. Has a bitchin car

Nicky the barber same kind of thing as johnny except he's a barber, and a little more crazy and prefers knives over guns.

Dangerous Regular

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm from the suburbs, but in downtown Chicago (where I went for college)

-There's a guy nicknamed the "Hi Guy" , who wears smiley face clothing and items head to toe, and on his bike, while he bikes around the city. I haven't seen him for a few years though .

-There's also a guy named Vincent who wears crazy colorful suits and dances around in front of the ABC 7 building and bridges. Here's a whole article, and another one with videos on him .

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/vincent-p-falk-and-his-amazing-technicolor-dream-coats
http://zweeblefilms.wordpress.com

- Last but on least, there's a man, whos jehovah's witness , and preaches over a microphone , in front of a Old Navy. He preaches that everyone has to repent or something will happen to them in the rapture, basically .My grandma, who's 86 now, used to work downtown as a banker and says he was there back when she worked by there... No idea how old the guy is, but wow. That's commitment.

Chicago has a lot of characters, I've also seen a homeless man dressed as a pirate , a different homeless man with mental issues, who roars at a corner. There's also a man who compliments people and calls woman 'Cleopatra' and 'Aphrodite', right by a breakfast restaurant.

Edit: Ooh there's also a big open field down by the 'downtown' area of my town, that tends to get filled with homeless people. I nicknamed it 'Bum Fields' and it seemed to stick with some people.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
... Oh god damn it. I'm that person around here, aren't I.
Angry Centripetal Force
LadyVeng3ance x

Jardar

He is just weird, but he is more then likely also retarded.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I now see what I wrote could be seen as offensive, if you were offended by it, I apologize.

Questionable Sex Symbol

When I used to live in south Florida, we had the Witch of Wellington.
She was an older woman who wore all black. Her wardrobe consisted of long dresses that covered all her skin, high platform shoes, and interesting hats.
She was about 7 feet tall (once you figured in the shoes and hat) and extremely thin and she didn't walk, she shuffled slowly.
She didn't drive, so she could frequently be seen walking around and she went to Walmart on a regular basis. She's all over peopleofwalmart.com.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Angry Centripetal Force
LadyVeng3ance x
Angry Centripetal Force
LadyVeng3ance x

Jardar

I now see what I wrote could be seen as offensive, if you were offended by it, I apologize.

Lol what?

I was making fun of the person's name and the reference that he is "likely also retarded."

jardar sounds like jar jar binks and jar jar binks was a retarded character.

They should have just killed him in episode two. emotion_donotwant

Vicious Reveler

There's a few around here. Blanket Man was the most famous, but he is dead now. He was homeless by choice, and mostly unclothed, also by choice. He wore a court mandated loin-cloth, and of course, his blanket. At one stage he had a Wikipedia page.

There's also Dog Man, who goes around on a bike in day-glow gear, and he flips everyone off. All day, every day, even while riding his bike. Just giving the finger, constantly.

And there's Nathan, but he's pretty friendly and harmless, he just asks people for smokes all the time and fist-bumps you. He had a head injury or something. He walks around with a bottle of 1.5 litre coke that he always removes the label from. He likes metal, and he likes others who also like it.

Excuse me guy is more annoying. He just says " s'cuse me, s'cuse me" to everyone, begging them for money. He and his wife have a gambling problem, she wears her hair in a ponytail at the top of her head like Pebbles from the Flintstones.

Then there's a guy who wears a sweatshirt with the words "I am a Soldier in Christ's Army." in huge block letters across the back. He wears it EVERY DAY. When he gets on or off the bus he says "I have an announcement! Jesus loves you all!" He also says it to people he walks past.

And there are heaps of buskers, like Busker Sam. I quite like most of the buskers.
Angry Centripetal Force
LadyVeng3ance x
Angry Centripetal Force
LadyVeng3ance x

Jardar

Lol what?

I was making fun of the person's name and the reference that he is "likely also retarded."

jardar sounds like jar jar binks and jar jar binks was a retarded character.

That's quite funny actually, haha!
theres this old crazy lady that rides her bike to someplace every couple of days. when i go out i hope nobody notices me.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I forgot another one. I call her the Nutter Knitter.
She was an old woman with anger problems. She'd sit in McDonalds and knit all day, and some people would ask her something, or say hello, and she would screech Bloody Mary at them.
I believe she stabbed someone once with those needles. It was a long time ago, she could be dead by now.
I live in a small town.

one road in, one road out.

Everyone knows everyone LOL.

You can tell when someone new comes in.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
The only two that come to mind:

Harold: Mentally handicapped and his body uncontrollably shakes. I know that he does odd jobs for money and it's usually spent on booze. He's generally harmless enough but when my husband volunteered with the firehouses, there were some issues that started with him getting angry.

I don't remember his name, but he always went around on his hover-round. My cousin ended up hitting him in the middle of the night because he was riding it on the road that he had been warned not to do several times. sad
In my hometown there was a tiny pervy little old man who would bus to the 2 grocery stores in town and walk around with his buggy stealing food items and eating them also stuffing them in his pants... He was pretty senile. There is this older lady who we call the bird lady, she is super thin and walks morning-night around the neighbourhood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff