Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm curious if people here had people like this-people who are known in the local area, not entirely for better reasons than they might ought to be.

Off the top of my head, I can name two: Crazy Dave, and Wanga Sanga.

Crazy Dave is known for his erratic behavior, which may or may not be based on the influence of drugs. There is one rule- say hello to Dave when he says hello, and you are granted safe passage. If not, he may chase you. With a brick. Or a stick if you're on a bike.

Wanga Sanga is a morbidly obese young man who survives by harassing people for spare change, and gets Donut King employees to let him have the last of the day's donuts. He makes friends with some high school kids, but he's also ushered out of the shopping centre when he shoots his mouth.

So LD, any persons you know of at all like this where you live(d)?

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image I forget his name, but he walks from my town to the next town over, over and over every single day.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Moogle Voodoo
User Image I forget his name, but he walks from my town to the next town over, over and over every single day.

So, he just...walks?

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Toxilicks
Moogle Voodoo

So, he just...walks?

User Image yep. In the rain, in the snow, he just walks.

He's really old tho so I know he's always being sent to the hospital.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Moogle Voodoo
Toxilicks
Moogle Voodoo

So, he just...walks?

Disassociative fuge, perhaps? I think that's a mental disorder that can take on various forms, depending on the person. In this case, it could be just traveling hundreds of miles to go to a specific place that might not even be important.

Tipsy Prophet

There was this old lady where I used to live who always wore light purple shell suit, dark shades and was always seen walking different dogs. Apparently she was just some retired person who walked everyones' dogs but all the kids in my school knew her as the Crazy Dog Lady.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Toxilicks
Moogle Voodoo
Toxilicks
Moogle Voodoo

So, he just...walks?

Disassociative fuge, perhaps? I think that's a mental disorder that can take on various forms, depending on the person. In this case, it could be just traveling hundreds of miles to go to a specific place that might not even be important.

User Image maybe, I don't really know. I tend to mind my own business when I'm out in public
Wade, I think his name is - he has some kind of mental disability, can't remember what, but he walks around town a lot, stops at certain places for coffee and to visit, says hello to everybody he passes, attends pretty much any event he can in town, etc.. pretty sure he's harmless, but there's also a general consensus that he weirds a fair few people out..

Mrs. Cross - she's older, starting to lose her marbles, still has her drivers license which causes safety concerns for a lot of people because watching her drive is scary; her car at least used to have a really loud tick so she could be heard from a fair distance off at least. At the store, at least a couple of us cashiers knew the pin numbers for her and Gloria's debit cards (she would often get groceries for Gloria who has trouble getting out of the house) just because it sped the process up for us to do it

Most people that are well-known throughout town are known in a good way, though, generally for volunteer work and such. Ex: Mrs. Busch - sweet old lady, has been volunteering for ages, walks everywhere unless one of her friends is giving her a ride, etc..

Those with a less than stellar reputation tend to just be known at the businesses they frequent (ex: "Piss Pants" who absolutely reeks; didn't matter how cold it was, we would generally open the doors for at least ten minutes after he left to help air out the store and aerosol sprays like Febreeze make me nauseous most likely as a result of being sprayed excessively to cover up his smell)

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"I can't even imagine that. Growing up I knew the neighbors across the street, because they had a pool so it was important to get to know them.

And that was it. Someone could have lived six feet from me for twenty years and I wouldn't recognize them on sight. I don't think I ever saw the same person twice when I was out at the store or doing errands."
User Image
The combination of those two words creeps me out, and I have no idea why.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't know his name, but there's this older black man who always wears a really tacky black suit and a cowboy hat. He's got tons of feathers in his hair, lots of costume jewelry rings and a cane. Usually wearing sunglasses.

He's often seen at the local Walmart or Dunkin Donuts (I live rurally, not many other places for loiterers to go).

He also enjoys harassing freshmen girls on campus.

Lucky Star

My hometown had a few.

There's "the goat man" who collects junk and lives in a van in front of his run down not liveable house. I can't tell you why he's called the goat man.....that's just what everyone knows him as

Then there was "bottle John" who was always in town collecting bottles and asking people if they have any. Idk what happened to him...he was living in the local "home" for the mentally challenged, but I think he might have moved.

And I'll just add that the mayor has looooong hippie hair to his waist and always wears sandals... My town was pretty eccentric lol.
Oh local bums? There are a lot of those around here. In my neighborhood, there's the shopping cart guy; you mostly see him in the summer, wearing short shorts, no shirt and construction boots and he's always pushing a shopping cart.

Then there's this blonde lady who we mostly see in the fall and winter; she just... walks. Everywhere. And talks to herself. I feel bad for her because I've seen in her out on the street drudging through all the slush and ice wearing really flimsy winter-wear.

Then there's mine and pretty much everyone's favorite: Radio Man. He's probably the most popular. He walks up and down one of the major roads about three miles from my house near McDonald's all year round. He's always carrying a walkman and singing along to it, but he has no headphones. When he does have headphones, he has no walkman or "radio". If you try to talk to him, he curses you out. I actually knew his name at one point because he was my ninth grade earth science teacher's old student.
Sauna-Geir

When I was in middleschool there was a rumor that he would look at the boys showering. He is also very fat.

Jardar

He is just weird, but he is more then likely also retarded.

Magical Star

A man called "Radio" is the only one I can think of
from where I used to live in Jacksonville, NC.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff