Welcome to Gaia! ::

I spent three years of my life depressed. It was a really hard time for me, and I didnt talk to anyone about it. I considered killing myself but figured it wasn't worth the effort. I naturally came out of it without medication or help from an outside source.

I still have my bouts, usally for 3 months at a time but I then realize how much I have and how much life is worth living. Its a slippery slope for me and everyone I believe. Its hard not to slide back into that when life gets hard, but you honestly have to believe the whole life thing is worth living and get back on the horse so to speak.

Life by nature is depressing, the people in your life make it easier to bear... focus on the people that love and care for you
I think I have depression tho I dont know how severe it is yet (I havent been diagnosed) But I think it started around middle school so maybe 11 or 12. I dunno I was made fun of most of my life so i think my self esteem/worth started to deteriate by that time.

I just really didnt like myself, had suicidal thoughts, etc. I still do now and its gotten a lil worse with my mother who passed last year and stress at school, money problems, and Im getting towards the end of my college years and I dont feel like I took advantage of every oppurtunity like I should have. Anyway Im going to see a therapist this Thursday and I did the initial screening thing so Im hoping im on the path to recovery

Hallowed Elder

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I was recently diagnosed with extreme social anxieties. While not quite the same as depression, it can lead to it at times, since I often feel like a complete freak. I can't leave the house most days and even doing something like speaking to people online can trigger a panic attack.

I try to push myself into doing things, however, to try and confront the anxieties. It's certainly not easy, since I'll often take the time to write up long replies, only to edit it into short replies or just not reply at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff