Welcome to Gaia! ::

So how many people in LD actually are depressed?
And I'm not talking about momentary feeling sad-phases, I'm talking about sadness being part of everyday life.

What's your diagnose?
How long have you suffered from depression?
How have you adapted/how much does it affect your life?
Do you know what caused it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I was diagnosed with depression two years ago (my diagnose: F32.2) but it's been going on longer than that. I can remember how I noticed at 12 years old, that there was this continuous sadness hanging over me. It was always there. I reckon it's been around for 5-6 years, I just didn't recognize it as anything before. I'm now sixteen.

I think I became depressed at age twelve, though I can't really remember being happier before that. I'm not sure what caused it (a stagnant social life, family turmoil, and the like) but I ended up attempting suicide a few times around fourteen. I didn't know what else to do. At sixteen I began seeing a therapist for a few months, who later recommended a psychiatrist. They gave me medication, which I stopped taking after only one month. And then...I guess something happened. I'm not sure what. But now I'm not even sure if I can be called "clinically depressed" anymore. I have depressional tendencies, certainly, but I can laugh and smile and live life. I guess I just grew out of it and learned something. -shrug- Now I'm seventeen, relatively mature, and intend to pursue a career in psychology.
oh wow like i care
i was diagnosed with clinical depression when i was 13. i got 2 more diagnoses [OCD and dissociative identity disorder].
it's been 2 years since my diagnose, and i've really only recently starting to handle my depression.
i can't remember for how long i've been depressed. i started having thoughts of suicide and stuff when i was about 10, i think.
well, since depression mostly is something you're born with, i'd assume it's a natural thing. though, i think what affected it even more, was the fact that i got sexually abused through my child hood. i think that just made it worse.

It feels like I've been depressed all my life.
But I don't know. I started taking Prozac when I was 13 been off and on it for years. Off it now..and forever.
I guess it might have to do with there being history of depression in the family.
and other factors that made life difficult.
but I think I'm feeling better nowadays.
Manic depression and DID. The first since I was nine, the second since I was eight. Been in and out of treatments and hospitals for years.
i've never been diagnosed cause i havnt ever told anyone how i feel..

i feel sad nd everytime i think about things in life it makes me feel worse..

my dad is a stupid idiot who i hate nd he pretty much messed my life up, he didnt see me for 5 years then he all of the sudden came back, he was always drunk, he used to be really horrible nd mean to me, i didn't talk to anyone about it for 3 years but then i told my mum nd now i dont see him anymore but i still have nightmares about him..

my best friend killed himself nd that fellt like s**t..

ive tried killing myself a few times but i've figured its pointless cause it never seems to work nd i know that the few friends i have would be very upset..

Xxx
Kelsey214
oh wow like i care

Obviously you cared enough to actually click the topic and even POST here.
Honestly, how childish can you get? If you don't care and don't suffer from depression, why do you come post in a thread for people with depression? I suggest you go grow up and stop making a fool out of yourself publicly 3nodding
Eh, I've been depressed ever since I was really young. It's gotten better latley because I started to see someone after the diabetes clinic didn't know what to do with my extremly high bloodsugars. Although what helped the most was that I was admitted to the psych unit and my parents backed off.
I still laugh and stuff and have bad days but most of the time I'm spent feeling numb or feeling little emotions at all. Oh yeah I also have Post Traumatic Stress syndrome and an Axiety disorder.
Fun those two are...
acually, i just got over a 3 year depression phase. mrgreen
Kelsey214
oh wow like i care

you're gonna regret that
What's your diagnose?

-Apparently, I have moderate-severe clinical depression, according to my shrink

How long have you suffered from depression?

-Dunno

How have you adapted/how much does it affect your life?

- It doesnt really, I don't think I have depression, And I don't think depression is a disease either. I've always felt thai I could get over it by sheer will, but my shrink still wants me on drugs

Do you know what caused it?

-Genetics, according to my shrink
Bipolar.
Since I was 11.
I take pills.
It runs in the family/other things I won't post.
I haven't been officially diagnosed, but I know I suffer from at least mild depression. It's annoying when people make fun of people with depression, or act like it's something that you can just snap out of, because it's really not.

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I only get temporary depressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items