Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you emo when you listen to My Chemical Romance?

Yes 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 6 ]
No 0.72340425531915 72.3% [ 34 ]
Maybe so... 0.14893617021277 14.9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 47 ]
< 1 2

Well first of all, shouldn't this be in the music forum? anyways, MCR isn't emo music. It's actually pretty close to the british rock scene, which is cool. 3nodding Teenagers and Helena are awsome songs. For people to call you emo for a single band you listen to is dumb and adolescent.
i think they're a pretty good band
just hated for their stereotype, and yes they are pretty old for their music
black parade compared to their old cd's kinda sux

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
my friend thinks that she's emo just because she listens to MCR. AND SHE IS 100% NOT. it's acutally really annoying. i'm more emo than she is...lol and i'm not even emo!

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
I listen to MCR from time to time, when I'm not in the mood for happy music or really good music. And I'm not emo in the least; I'm quite happy with my place in the world and listening to a group who can't match guitars with the best of them will not make me emo.
i totally agree i love their music because of the guitar solos.
that doesnt make me emo now does it?
i actually mostly listen to fairly calm indy music,
alternitive music,
also that crappy pop on the radio because they have mesmerizing beats.
im not an emo now am i?
so unless mcr is your life, and you cry and relate to their music because you are sad alone
and have nothin to do on friday nights.
you are not emo.

oh and also if your a happy person
uh noooo. MCR is just rock, they're not 'emo'.
Listening to their music actually makes me happy, so that's obviously not emo...

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
Moogle Says:
I'm not a fan of MCR.

D<
I listen to whatever music I want to and I don't give a damn what people think!
Who cares what other people think of your music choices. As long as you like it then f**k them. I haven't even heard My chemical romance in years, I like a few of their songs in the begining.
first of all, MCR is not emo. NOT NOT NOT! they even said so. im a big mcr fan my self. and some ppl say that im emo cuz i listen to it. but i told them , im not emo, and they're (mcr) not emo either. so just keep listening to mcr and dont care about what other people say. my chem is the best band ever. rofl
I think you just want us to sit here and call you emo!!

And no you dont need to be emo to listen to their music! Music shouldnt be about what "group" you belong to, it should be about enjoyment and love of music!
Yumi Tsukishiro
castle of sars
my chem isn't emo music, its just a stereotype

that is emo talk. xD
a music that talks about feelings like love and pain (because of love) is emo.
but i repeat, everyone is free to listen whatever wants.

So...wait...that means a WHOLE LOT of artists' music must be emo. Even Elton John!

My God! I never knew!

Anyway, I like MCR, and I'm not particularly emo. I just like their music, and anyone who's going to judge me for that is an idiot.
Well around here i'm like the only one that listens to MCR. Everyone i know considers it emo music. As do i. No question.
But that doesn't mean i'm emo. I listen to alot of stuff from various genre's. So listen to what you want, let people call you what they want. And don't get offended by it no matter how they mean what they say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff