Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
As of Sept 29, 2012 I will be out of a job, due to my work closing down. It will not re-open until Spring 2014. Meaning I could be out of a job for a long time before I find something new. I've been applying everywhere with no luck, and recently, thought seriously about moving to the states (I live in Canada) to live and work. I will have to go through all the proper channels, but what does everyone think? Do I need to do this drastic change to my life, or should I stick it out and keep trying?

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
verenicruz the frosted
sell your body for money?

>-> That is not the kind of help/suggestion I was looking for. But, thank you for your input, it will not be considered.

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted

>-> That is not the kind of help/suggestion I was looking for. But, thank you for your input, it will not be considered.
well i guess just be prepared to move if you cant find jobs,there is always mcdonalds

I've been trying to not use that as a place to work. I know I'm worth more than that. I've been considering moving for a while, I just don't know whether it's the best option for me currently.

Fanatical Codger

Can't make any promises that the states will be much better, we have our own financial issues as well. I'd say you should keep it up and see what opportunities have yet to come out there.

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted

well i guess just be prepared to move if you cant find jobs,there is always mcdonalds

I've been trying to not use that as a place to work. I know I'm worth more than that. I've been considering moving for a while, I just don't know whether it's the best option for me currently.
yeah if you can survive on the money and keep it temporary then you being stuck up isnt getting you anywhere

Um, excuse me? I'm stuck up? Why? Because I don't want to subject myself to working over a fryer or as an abused cashier who deal with dumb customers all the time? I'm sorry, I've done both, and I'm not going back. I don't understand why my aspirations of doing better than that result in me being stuck up?

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Can't make any promises that the states will be much better, we have our own financial issues as well. I'd say you should keep it up and see what opportunities have yet to come out there.

I know, my friend has been having trouble, but I think that if it came down to it, I could apply where he works and see what comes of it. Though I AM still applying to places here, I'm just keeping my options open in case I do get something that isn't on the island here.

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted

yeah if you can survive on the money and keep it temporary then you being stuck up isnt getting you anywhere

Um, excuse me? I'm stuck up? Why? Because I don't want to subject myself to working over a fryer or as an abused cashier who deal with dumb customers all the time? I'm sorry, I've done both, and I'm not going back. I don't understand why my aspirations of doing better than that result in me being stuck up?

Bolding one word isn't going to convince me that you are making a point. I really don't want a temp job, half the time they don't go anywhere. And temporary at a fast food joint isn't really something that I want to do. I'd rather slave away as a launderer than that.

Rainbow Dog

You can try, the job market's not that great over here either, but if you try hard enough you can always find SOMETHING and then just dangle on that something while looking for a better opportunity.

Fashionable Flatterer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted
The Pink Sin
verenicruz the frosted

Bolding one word isn't going to convince me that you are making a point. I really don't want a temp job, half the time they don't go anywhere. And temporary at a fast food joint isn't really something that I want to do. I'd rather slave away as a launderer than that.
dont you go to college?
No, do you think I'd move when I was in the middle of completing a course specifically at one of the colleges here? Not really. I can't afford college/university right now, unless I get a scholarship, and the courses I need/want to take aren't available until next fall.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff