Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
just-a-bit-odd
I'm thinking on getting one, I don't know what it will be though.

always good to think before you get ink for the simple fact you dont wanna regret it

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Seloine
I've been planning mine for quite a while now... I've decided I want a witcher's wolf medallion on my back.

On a purely aesthetic level, I think it's a striking image, without being something you see every day, like most wolf tattoos (no offense to anyone who has a more traditional wolf tat). On the more meaningful level, yes it is the symbol of a book series/franchise, but it is specifically the medallion of a character who I love, who is strong but awkward and not the most accepted of people. Basically, he's someone I can relate to - even if I'm not a monster-hunting mutant, lol. The books have greatly inspired me in my own writing and they move me greatly, so there is something special about them for me. If you choose to disregard this side of things as meaningful, then it can be taken as the wolf is resillient, strong - and they will carry on in the face of great adversity. I've been through my fair share of s**t and yes, I've suffered, but I've come out the other side and I'm still pressing forward.

:edit:
As far as everyone else's tattoos go... It's your skin, do as you please. Just don't be offensive and then whine when people don't approve. If you tattoo "******** you all!" down your arm, it's hardly surprising that people are more reluctant to employ you.

Bravo i love your meaning 3nodding

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Little_One1991
I don't have any atm but I really want to get one by my birthday or a little after it (next month D: ) I've sketched out my first one so not only will it mean something it will be my own design biggrin It's a group of poppies with their stems intertwining. I'm getting it for my grandfather who passed away when I was younger, we called him Poppy :3 I'm not a fan of getting words inked :/

I've got two more planned but not set in stone; a music treble cleft and bass cleft forming a heart (my little sister might get it too with me) and Pinkie Pies' cutie mark. The music one since it's been a part of me my whole life, I've used it as more than entertainment :3 The cutie mark...well I'm not too sure of getting it yet but MLP has been something that has helped me get better (I've been depressed and lost a lot of friends from it), Pinkie Pie is my favorite since she's always cheering up those around her even when she's had a rough childhood.

i dont blame you on the words thing lol
and the tattoos sound like awesome ideas

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
distantslumber
i have 3 right now

i love tattoos so much.

same hur!!
i want to be covered one day

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Rune Daeron
I have 4 atm and am just deciding on what to get for the 5th before I call my tattoo artist to book an appointment. All of mine have a special meaning to me - I wouldn't get one without the meaning behind it.

My First is in between my shoulder blades, it's a weathered stone circle (symbolizing that time goes on, no matter what may have occured) with a celtic knot woven into it (to show that we are all connected, throughout time), then a chinese dragon on each side to represent the protection we each recieve from those around us who care about us.

My second is the Japanese symbols for 'Mother' & 'Daughter' on the back of my neck. My mother, as well as all of my sisters (my oldest being the exception) and I all have this one in common.

My third is on my left ankle. It's an ambigram that says Andrea/Logan. The meaning behind this is very personal.

My most recent one is another ambigram, on my right wrist, that says Regret/Nothing. It's a phrase, imho, to live by. I personally don't see the point in regretting things since, at one point or another, everything you did throughout your life was exactly what you wanted to do. Looking back, you might realize it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but you did it because you wanted it.

3nodding

they all sound beautiful crying

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Call of the Siren
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bahhhh i love it!!!

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
pygmy princess
I have one, at the moment. It's sort of a 'best friend' thing, where my friend has a heart shaped lock. Stupid, if you ask me. We got the idea when we were sixteen and last summer she was like 'oh, I'll pay for this' so we went and did it. I don't think of my tattoo as something with her, since she's hardly a friend of mine anymore. She was hardly my friend at the time we got them done. I just really liked the design and I adored key shaped things, I suppose.

mine is the key

lol well sorry to hear bout that but it looks cute

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Seloine
I've been planning mine for quite a while now... I've decided I want a witcher's wolf medallion on my back.

On a purely aesthetic level, I think it's a striking image, without being something you see every day, like most wolf tattoos (no offense to anyone who has a more traditional wolf tat). On the more meaningful level, yes it is the symbol of a book series/franchise, but it is specifically the medallion of a character who I love, who is strong but awkward and not the most accepted of people. Basically, he's someone I can relate to - even if I'm not a monster-hunting mutant, lol. The books have greatly inspired me in my own writing and they move me greatly, so there is something special about them for me. If you choose to disregard this side of things as meaningful, then it can be taken as the wolf is resillient, strong - and they will carry on in the face of great adversity. I've been through my fair share of s**t and yes, I've suffered, but I've come out the other side and I'm still pressing forward.

As far as everyone else's tattoos go... It's your skin, do as you please. Just don't be offensive and then whine when people don't approve. If you tattoo "******** you all!" down your arm, it's hardly surprising that people are more reluctant to employ you.

Thank you =]
I am hoping to get it done soon, when I've got little time off work to heal a bit.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Seloine
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Seloine

Thank you =]

lol thats always nice
I am hoping to get it done soon, when I've got little time off work to heal a bit.

Gracious Fairy

Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
I'm a tattoo artist and i would like to know what ppl think of tattoos and how they fell about them.If you have tattoos tell me post a pic and tell me the background story. i love hearing, seeing, and talking about tattoos biggrin

Quote bump 1 of 10 to help, as you asked in my thread.

Gracious Fairy

Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
biggrin

Quote bump 2 of 10.

Gracious Fairy

Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
biggrin

Quote bump 3 of 10.

Gracious Fairy

Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
biggrin

Quote bump 4 of 10.