Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chikara_Kai
oh gnarly
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
oh gnarly
they're kinda becoming overrated now imo
and i hate the people who say that people should accept them in the workplace or whatever
um stfu! forcing people to accept you means you're not an accepting person yourself
to each their own no?

this is all i have to say we dont force our tattoos down ppl thoarts they have a hard time with not starring and not keeping their mouth shut.When ppl see my dad in town they talk mess about his tattoos well let me see oh yeah my dad fought over sees and has been protecting ppl everywhere just so they can live another day. he has served for 24 years and i am happy my dad is tattooed it makes him happy and expresses himself that way.And guess what tattoos use to be very common back in the day royalty when get tattoos to show how high up in rank they were. Benjamin Franklin had tattoos!! We have had multiple presidents that have tattoos. Oh lets see in houston there is a completly tattooed judge who loves his tatoos and is still getting more. So you know what think what you want bout tattoos they are a form of art and id rather die with my stories on me then die naked.

but my point is.. if you're so worked up about people judging you about your tattoos, why get them in the first place? why not try to avoid being judged since you don't like it so much? people will judge you no matter what anyway. if they don't like it/dont employ you, accept it, don't cause a scene over it. would you hire someone who didn't fit into your organisation? a tattoo parlour would never hire anyone who didn't have tattoos/didnt represent the organisation. can i say, "oh they didn't hire me cause i didn't have tattoos?" aren't they being judgemental towards me? and not accepting me and the fact that I'm not all tatted up? its a two way street, each person wants whats best for their company.

and fyi, i have tattoos myself. in fact my cousin has his own parlour and majority of my family are inked. you just helped me make my point... judgment is EVERYWHERE. and tattooed people sometimes like playing the victims, NOT ALL, just some.

User Image A writer is a person...

No offense, but I find this to be a somewhat hypocritical and maybe even wishy washy point of view. I'm not saying your not entitled to it, as we are all allowed our own opinions. And maybe the reactions to your original post/idea were too hostile in their own opinions for it to be seen as anything other then an attack. A person that has a tattoo has no right to feel judged and the person that is looking down on them does, but if the tattooed person judges for being looked down on then they're wrong and should learn not to judge or just accept it and shut up?

Let me start by saying I have two tattoos. They aren't large and are things that remain hidden all the time. One is a wolf paw print on the left side of my lower back. Its for my heritage. I'm Native American and as such in my heritage of that and research and such, the wolf has been dubbed my "spirit animal" I have had a long standing love for the creature since I was little and I got the tattoo on my 18th birthday. The other is a red rose on my right hip bone. It is there in the meaning of the little girl that I lost in a late term miscarriage. Basically a still birth. That tattoo is in remembrance of her.

The point is though that people with tattoos get them because they want them, because (most of the time) they mean something to someone. They are important to them. It is unfair that someone be judged by something like that, that they be told they can't have certain jobs because they have one. Thinking like that leads to the idea that a tattoo makes someone a bad person. That a person can't be a cop because they have a star burst tattooed on their hand. Its narrow minded thinking, and something that I do think that society should rebel against. Its tattoos now, but it become something else in the future. Is it okay not to hire someone cause they have fake breasts? Earrings? A face lift? A sex change operation? These are all things that a person has done to like their own image better but if they were "discriminated" against because of it in the work field law suites would start flying. But a person with a tattoo couldn't launch the same complaint and why? Because for some reason society still has a negative view on tattoos.

The idea seems to be strongly rooted in the idea that the people's opinions against tattoos are stronger or more legitimate then the people's opinions for them. That's where judgement comes from. Two people that can't see eye to eye despite their difference in opinion and therefore draw negative conclusions about the other. Judgement only exists because people want it to. They want their opinion to be the right one, the stronger one, and because of that they try and bring down their "opposition".

It should be the idea that let bygones be bygones. People that want to ink themselves up should not be treated like they can't do the same job as someone that doesn't. A person that doesn't want tattoos shouldn't be viewed as less "expressive" or odd because they don't have this desire to get them. Its an image choice and that's it. No one should be made to feel less of themselves for their choice in either direction.

In the same regards, why should a person that likes tattoos not get them for fear of being judged? That's an image choice they have made for themselves and no one else and they shouldn't be judged negatively for it. For example, let's go back to fake breasts. A woman gets fake breasts to feel better about herself, to like what she sees when she looks in the mirror. And they aren't viewed in a bad light, withheld from employment and such because its a more "acceptable" form of body modification.

And in those regards, yes, I feel any tattooed person has the right to complain about being turned away from a job they are more then qualified for because they have ink showing. Its like society is telling them that if they want to pump their body with plastic or cut off/replace parts, well that's fine and dandy. But it they want to have a rose or something inked on them in a way someone else, some other judgmental person may see it, well sorry that's were we draw the line on what a person is allowed to legally do to themselves. To me, I don't care if the cop/doctor/firefighter/lawyer has their entire body tattooed to look like a cheetah, if they are good at their job and as good/better then a person with no tattoos...I want them.

...that has taught their mind to misbehave.User Image

I'm going to pm you cause this is going to take me a while...

Elder

I have one so far. I'd like more but I'm not sure what to get, yet.

My current tatt is just cursive lettering saying "Family is just blood. Friends are the life-saving transfusion."
It's a long story, but it can be summarized as I value friends more than blood-family.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

User Image

I don't mind tattoos,
as long as they're not in an excessive amount.
I have seen people with their entire bodies tattooed - even though
they may find that to look good, I certainly do not.

I have two right now, which are both family based.
One is kanji on my arm, that means "Forever", basically
all my family members have this, for forever family.
My second tattoo is of Cherry Blossoms, which is what my
Dad had on his back. My Dad passed away, so I got it in remembrance.

User Image

Demonic Lover

I want to get one so bad.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This in color.
But first I have to get employed again. Being laid off sucks. -__-'

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Crypt Cutie

I want to get one so bad.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This in color.
But first I have to get employed again. Being laid off sucks. -__-'

This would be AWESOME!!

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
medic61310
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
medic61310
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
medic61310

I'd be covered. I wish that my career allowed tattoos in visible areas sad sucks.

lol yeah well im going to school for xray tech and have to cover up mine for it haha

Medical field won't even consider you if your tattoos are visible. sad When I'm like 65, I'm going to go crazy and get covered. I don't care how stupid it looks.

well right now my can be hidden thank god lol

Mine too, thankfully I didn't get them when I originally wanted or I'd have pot leaves and hatchetmen all over my neck and arms.

epic biggrin

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Shin Seven X
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Shin Seven X

I have nine tattoos. Each are personal, and have their own kinda stories behind them.
Can i know the reasons

Various points and times in my life. Belief structures and so on. My own symbol, probably three times, but in three different spots with three different types(One a ring, one on my upper left arm, and one in the middle of two sevens. Fits because my symbol is the Seven Cross). A grim reaper stepping out of a freshly dug grave, which matches a particular time period for me. Things like that. My last is one with a topless pirate girl with the scroll saying " A Pirate's Life For Me".

Love it xp i love pin ups no joke i draw them all the time

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Miss Alchiap
cry
oh gnarly
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
oh gnarly
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
oh gnarly
they're kinda becoming overrated now imo
and i hate the people who say that people should accept them in the workplace or whatever
um stfu! forcing people to accept you means you're not an accepting person yourself
to each their own no?

this is all i have to say we dont force our tattoos down ppl thoarts they have a hard time with not starring and not keeping their mouth shut.When ppl see my dad in town they talk mess about his tattoos well let me see oh yeah my dad fought over sees and has been protecting ppl everywhere just so they can live another day. he has served for 24 years and i am happy my dad is tattooed it makes him happy and expresses himself that way.And guess what tattoos use to be very common back in the day royalty when get tattoos to show how high up in rank they were. Benjamin Franklin had tattoos!! We have had multiple presidents that have tattoos. Oh lets see in houston there is a completly tattooed judge who loves his tatoos and is still getting more. So you know what think what you want bout tattoos they are a form of art and id rather die with my stories on me then die naked.

but my point is.. if you're so worked up about people judging you about your tattoos, why get them in the first place? why not try to avoid being judged since you don't like it so much? people will judge you no matter what anyway. if they don't like it/dont employ you, accept it, don't cause a scene over it. would you hire someone who didn't fit into your organisation? a tattoo parlour would never hire anyone who didn't have tattoos/didnt represent the organisation. can i say, "oh they didn't hire me cause i didn't have tattoos?" aren't they being judgemental towards me? and not accepting me and the fact that I'm not all tatted up? its a two way street, each person wants whats best for their company.

and fyi, i have tattoos myself. in fact my cousin has his own parlour and majority of my family are inked. you just helped me make my point... judgment is EVERYWHERE. and tattooed people sometimes like playing the victims, NOT ALL, just some.

Haha b***h troll somewhere else just saying biggrin and FYI tattoo parlours dont discriminate if you dont have tattoos. If your good at tattoo then they will hire you.And i dont play the poor me card with my tattoos. it doesnt matter if you have tattoos anywhere for the simple fact you can get a job anywhere cause if your qualifed they will hire you. And im not causing a scene its just ppl like you make me giggle. One more thing i dont care if i am judge for my art last time i checked my body my life.Not anybody elses so i will keep doing me and you can go do you i have nothing more to say to someone ignorate.So bye bye.

so wait. you make a thread about asking for peoples opinions on tattoos, and then when i give mine you get all defensive/immature just because its not the same as yours?

and for the record, it doesn't seem like i made you giggle, seems like i hit a nerve...

also, how many people have walked into a parlour and seen a person working there with no tattoos? slim to none.

btw... ignorant not ignorate.

Actually she is right about one thing; my sisters husband was a tattoo artist. He has no tattoos covering his body. He was hired because he was great at what he does.

Thank you 3nodding

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
luiemule2154122
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Cookiesmerr
I think tattoos are awesome! emotion_kirakira When I grow up I wanna get 2 tattoos. One in between my thumb and pointer finger that is sideways that says Odd.. Then an anchor on my Arm. emotion_dowant

That sounds cute and unique love it whats the reason??

XD I don't know! It just looks nice! biggrin
bah ha ha lol awesome

6,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
I have 4 tattoos so far~ Planning on getting more.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jack-pot 100
304xxx
I have 3nodding 4 tattoos so far~ Planning on getting more.
3nodding

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Shin Seven X
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
Shin Seven X

I have nine tattoos. Each are personal, and have their own kinda stories behind them.
Can i know the reasons

Various points and times in my life. Belief structures and so on. My own symbol, probably three times, but in three different spots with three different types(One a ring, one on my upper left arm, and one in the middle of two sevens. Fits because my symbol is the Seven Cross). A grim reaper stepping out of a freshly dug grave, which matches a particular time period for me. Things like that. My last is one with a topless pirate girl with the scroll saying " A Pirate's Life For Me".

Love it xp i love pin ups no joke i draw them all the time

Very nice. Yeah, they're nice when done right.
I like tattoos. The problem is the society's view on it. Most people seem to believe that people who wears tattoos are bad and they are just punks with no sense of responsibilities. Which might be true for some, while it can be totally false for others.

Of course, there is the teenagers who gets tattoos and wants to impress everyone and show their «maturity» and freedom.

Still, there is some others who simply love to express themselves and the challenges they lived through with tattoos.

I feel like maybe with time, as more people will get tattoos, the society might get more open-minded about them. But this will probably take a while before it actually happens. smile
I have 4 at the moment but I am planning on getting more.

I got my latest tattoos 3 weeks ago - a pair of owls on my feet.
I have recently been going through a difficult period in my life and I got these as a symbol of getting through it.
I have always liked owls since I was I child. I like the symbolism of owls as being wise and knowledgable birds. They are beautiful creatures but they are also predators; they're cute and pretty but don't mess with them because they can fight back.
I got them on my feet as a sign of 'putting my best foot forwards' and moving forward after a difficult time.
I have one tat so far on my lower back, it's a rainbow with all the colors dripping.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff