Welcome to Gaia! ::

kuriheartsyou
That's kind of tacky :/ Why not get a tattoo of their favorite flowers, or animals? Believe me when I say that initials as a tattoo aren't as nice as you may think. I'm getting a tattoo of a phoenix flying through cherry blossoms because they're my mom's favorite flower, and she is very much a human phoenix.

For you it might be tacky, but for me it's beautiful. Of course, you're allowed to have an opinion on what you think is nice or whatnot. I've been thinking about it for three years now, and I know that I won't regret it.
As a twenty-four year old i find tattoos to be tacky. I have no interest or desire to ever have one or get one. They're a waste of money and waste of skin. It's disgusting. Most people i know have them. Also they gross me out.
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
love the meanings of your tattoos

Thank you :3
For my final tattoo I would want something similar to this Mademoiselle Butterfly

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
~Droplets_of_Water~
kuriheartsyou
That's kind of tacky :/ Why not get a tattoo of their favorite flowers, or animals? Believe me when I say that initials as a tattoo aren't as nice as you may think. I'm getting a tattoo of a phoenix flying through cherry blossoms because they're my mom's favorite flower, and she is very much a human phoenix.

For you it might be tacky, but for me it's beautiful. Of course, you're allowed to have an opinion on what you think is nice or whatnot. I've been thinking about it for three years now, and I know that I won't regret it.

Tacky in the sense that EVERYONE does it. It's as mainstream as crosses and Celtic knot. That's why I'm saying you should do something unique to your family. Do you really want to honor them the same way the rest of society does it, or do you want to honor them by designing your very own idea and feelings? Just think about it.
Center 2 just a few hours old
Didn't want to page stretch.
But yeah octopus and cephalopods are what got me interested in my current major, marine biology. I find them amazing and fascinating. Plus I feel they challenge to world to look at even the least of things in new eyes. Who would have thought such squishy alien creatures could be so intelligent and fascinating?
Meh I could ramble on the meaning and why I like them, but that's basically it.
kuriheartsyou
Tacky in the sense that EVERYONE does it. It's as mainstream as crosses and Celtic knot. That's why I'm saying you should do something unique to your family. Do you really want to honor them the same way the rest of society does it, or do you want to honor them by designing your very own idea and feelings? Just think about it.

Then getting a tattoo in itself is tacky, since everybody does it.
I mean, so what if everybody does it. As long as it holds a special meaning to me, as it does to the others who also have it, then it shouldn't matter. Because it means so much to each and every one of us. It shouldn't be deemed tacky.
Maybe I don't want a grand piece inked onto my skin just to show how much my family means to me, maybe something small as initials is enough for me? (No offense to you, awesome idea btw. My mom's name means phoenix)

Dapper Gekko

I'm obsessed with tattoos. If I could be a tattoo artist, I would. I have no tattoos yet because I'm on a $0 budget. sweatdrop If I had money, I'd have full sleeves by now.
I like tattoos. I have some ideas for them floating around in my head, but I've yet to get any. I know I want a Christian inspired one. I love the Jesus fish (the Ichthysus) and the greek letters for it are significant as well.

I also think I'd really like the word "Walk humbly" on my foot, as a reminder to be humble and gracious to others in my day to day life.
I don't like when a person has too many tattoos, but some tattoos I find attractive are full arm, neck, or chest tattoos smile
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
sakura_munchkin
Spaztasticly_ChaCHY
I'm a tattoo artist and i would like to know what ppl think of tattoos and how they fell about them.If you have tattoos tell me post a pic and tell me the background story. i love hearing, seeing, and talking about tattoos biggrin

i have 11 tattoos. most of them are small but they all have a big story behind them lol.

what tattoos do you have?? and whats there meanings??

my first tattoo is on my right side, just a small cluster trail of stars, no real meaning. i have my daughters name on my right forearm shes my only child, a nautical star near my left collar bone for military, three hearts in a tribal band in the center of my chest for family, a tribal rose for my brother who is sick on my right arm, a rose bud and a banner for my late grandmother on my left arm, a paw print on my right hip for my godson, a small rose on my left hip just for my love of roses *lol* a large tribal *reverse tramp stamp* but i cant remember what the symbol means right now, the letter T on my lower back for my name, and a tribal heart on my right thigh for strong love. i know its corny but they are cool lol 3nodding

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Signature Look 250
I wanna get a tattoo really ******** bad.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

I have nine tattoos. Each are personal, and have their own kinda stories behind them.

Shy Conversationalist

I have a horse on my left shoulder. :3
I got it because horses have been a very special part of my life since I was a kid. They still are to an extent.
I got the tattoo so I could carry horses with me always, even when I couldn't physically be around them.

I'd like to get another tattoo for my religious faith, too.
Something with a dove. Nothing's set in stone there, though. That one will be a long time coming.
oh gnarly
vera kyoro
oh gnarly
they're kinda becoming overrated now imo
and i hate the people who say that people should accept them in the workplace or whatever
um stfu! forcing people to accept you means you're not an accepting person yourself
to each their own no?

hate away.

in my opinion, you should only get a tattoo(s) if they are for you.
best to have some meaning.
to answer your questions.

I have three.

"Keberhasilan adalah suatu perjalanan bukan suatu tujuan."
meaning success is a journey and not a destination.
It was my first tattoo, and It's in Indonesian because that was my first language, and I lived there for six years. It has great meaning, and It helps me overcome working in the medical field, and seeing what happens there.
& I have a swallow. general peace & freedom. I adore it.
& the number "13" on the face of my hip.
which may I say! tickled ._____.

i don't see how this is relevant to the point i was making, but okay

:ahem "hate away"
a tattoo is for you.
If it's not, yes it may be over-rated.
but then so would be certain clothing, piercings,
and the things you do everyday.
vera kyoro
oh gnarly
vera kyoro
oh gnarly
they're kinda becoming overrated now imo
and i hate the people who say that people should accept them in the workplace or whatever
um stfu! forcing people to accept you means you're not an accepting person yourself
to each their own no?

hate away.

in my opinion, you should only get a tattoo(s) if they are for you.
best to have some meaning.
to answer your questions.

I have three.

"Keberhasilan adalah suatu perjalanan bukan suatu tujuan."
meaning success is a journey and not a destination.
It was my first tattoo, and It's in Indonesian because that was my first language, and I lived there for six years. It has great meaning, and It helps me overcome working in the medical field, and seeing what happens there.
& I have a swallow. general peace & freedom. I adore it.
& the number "13" on the face of my hip.
which may I say! tickled ._____.

i don't see how this is relevant to the point i was making, but okay

:ahem "hate away"
a tattoo is for you.
If it's not, yes it may be over-rated.
but then so would be certain clothing, piercings,
and the things you do everyday.

i dont recall ever saying i hated it...
and yes, certain clothing/piercings/things people do everyday can get overrated too. thats why everyones looking for the next best thing, everyones always looking to be different/unique cause things have gotten overrated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff