Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hate when people at my school call me emo or sometimes preppy and s**t. Why does people use labels? WTF? I'm not a can food, HELLO! Please someone tell me why people label each other so much?
it's society. learn to live with it.
They're convenient way to describe a person that fits within a stereotype. I like labels and use them liberally,
Tis the way of the world. Don't worry about what other people think. To hell with them.
Labels are adjectives.

Without labels, language couldn't function on any greater level.
Labels are around to help people figure out what things are. Even in stores, things have labels so people know what they do and do not want. Not just by the look of it, but by what it's called. Same thing for people.
heart heart heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Labels are often used by people who feel low about theirself and can't help to be rude. People like that are idiots. You can sadly not make them stop, but you CAN ignore them. It's the best thing to do.
I remember when all he idiots in seventh grade used to say that

"Labels are for soup cans lolololol"
The very thing you strive for ...

As humans we like to put things in neat little categories. Hence, a lot of biology, the Classification of Organisms, in particular. People use them, if they annoy you, then just ignore them.

... is the thing that makes you blind

Labels help us function without killing each other, moreso than we do. "He's a xxxlabelxxx and from my experience, those people are douchebags, I'm just going to stay away from him/her/it"
For ******** sake.
Labels don't just materialize out of thin air.
If people are calling you these things, there's probably a reason.
So either try to inject some originality into your life or learn to deal with it.
i used to not mind labels until i realized i fell into one that's not very....complimentary >_>

i always did try not to judge people tho X_x;;
Labels make it easier to talk about people though. It's easier to say "Oh yeah, I met some awesome Goth's yesterday." than it is to say "I met some people yesterday who were cool. They were wearing lots of black and stuff." It just depends on how people say it. I approve of labels except for Emo. Emo is just plain rude. But like prep, it means happy-go-lucky people who listen to pop/rap music mostly and like bright colors and shop at places like Hollister and stuff usually or similar places. Besides, people usually hang out with people like themselves, making it easier.
labels are for people who need everything classified in one place so they can understand it. personally, i don't really fit in the main stereotypes... so i laugh when people try to categorize me lol i don't much pay attention to any of them, the people who use them aren't worth paying attention to
you know how u breack labels dress like a difernt type of labe each day then they cant say well ur this or ur that it wotked for me but now my onlt label is fat so yeah

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff