Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 1410 1411 1412 > >> >>> »|

Benevolent Fatcat

A lil about myself::..

My Name is Jess. I'm 25.
I have a 6 year old Son Named Solomon Thomas,
And A 4 year old Daughter Named Sadie Marie.

Their dad and I were engaged before we ever had children. Then When we were surprised by Sol, We put the wedding money into first apartment, stuff for babies, ect. Tried to save a second time and Got our Lil Baby girl, Sadie. During the pregnancy things fell apart, and the kid's and I moved out when Sadie was a month old.

I am currently taking him to court to make it so he can't keep coming in and out of their life..
and even with a temporary order, he found a loop hole so he still can...

Shameless Gawker

Babies emotion_donotwant
Hello, its nice to see a new parenting thread around.

I'm Ciara, and i'm a mother to four.
I'm also a guardian for two of my younger siblings.
Some of you I recognise, some of you I don't.
So... Hi.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Pandella

I need some advice. I was adopted by my biological grandparents because their biological daughter (my bio mom) died of ACute Fatty live of pregnancy. Well, my biological father was well into drugs and was a thief and convicted felon and just overall a bad person. So, he was not involved in my life whatsoever. I wasn't told I was adopted until I was fourteen/fifteen. Well since then I've always been curious about him, b ut never pushed the issue. It wasn't until after my adoptive father was killed in the line of duty that my biological father made efforts to contact me. I was sixteen at the time so I flipped. I blocked him and his sister (who tried to come into contact with me as well). Plus, at that time, my mother forbade me from contacting him. Well now, three years later, he has tried to contact me once again. I told my mother about it and w etalked it out and she said I can do what I want since I am an adult now, but to be wary and hesitant of him. To take things slow, and to make sure I am ready to bring him into my life because she understands I am curious. Everyone in the family of course advises against it, and ultimately will...but I am curious. I want to say something, but I'm not sure what or when. I don't even really want him in my life, I just want to say something. I don't even know how to properly explain it. I guess Im just asking what you guys think, what you'd do. And to just vent, haha. I have too many emotions going on.

Well, I'm not sure if I have any good advice for you - your situation is a little unique.
I did see your other post where you said you stalked his profile and saw that he still smokes pot.
I think that if it's just going to keep bugging you and eating at you, then maybe you should just try sending him a message. I mean obviously you don't want him in your life - what would you say to him if you thought you'd never ever see him again or hear from him again?

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Digital Fiend
Also, thoughts on the photos of the babies, is it possible to have them hidden with spoiler icons? Just so the page won't stretch so bad or something.

Stretching? It's not stretching at all on my computer..... I tried to keep them small enough that it wouldn't... sweatdrop
Is it really bad?

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Digital Fiend
And now it's rant time, I've been holding on to these because I had no where to put them:

1) If you're going to cancel a b-day party, CALL THE PEOPLE INVITED! Srsly, packed up my son and all his glorious packages, woke up James who hadn't gotten sleep the night before just to get there and be told that the guests of honor weren't coming. Which is cool, life happens, but it's rude and inconsiderate not to call all the people you have invited to let them know.

2) My sil was supposed to watch Will for me last Saturday so I could go on an outing. I get there and she's not there at all. Which is fine, but I wish she would have let me know. My younger sil's boyfriend was there and told me that they had gone to the mall.

So, I figure I'll just take the boy with me to the mall, which isn't that big of a deal, but I had forgot my wrap.

Get to my friend's house to pick her up, and her parents said that they would watch the boy. Which, I feel more comfortable with personally, especially since her dad is a great paramedic. Who can say no???

Well, fast forward to the day of the cancelled party, and my mil asked me what happened Sat. I asked her what she meant.

Apparently, since my sil wasn't home, I was supposed to drop Will of at my mil's {who lives down the street of said sil}. She was going on about how they had this whole plan. I look at her and say "No one told me."

And the only reason I didn't go ask my mil if she would watch my 15lb baby is right now she's having a weak spell from her overdoing it New Year's Eve. She's been too weak to brush her own hair, let alone attend to the needs of a baby right now and she needs to rest.

So, she's a bit miffed at me because "Somebody else watched my grandson?"

It can be so fricking frustrating when people don't communicate with you. You shouldn't have to call every single person every hour for an update on whether or not your plans are going to stay the same - that why they're plans.
ERG. I'm sorry you're dealing with that.
Cody messes up my plans all the time and it's so frustrating, because one of my favorite things (because maybe I'm crazy or something) is planning stuff and then doing it as planned. I get a little bit of a high from it XD

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Ahhh- I didn't see this thread until now!

Kita: Let me know if you need help with anything, but I think most the ladies here have most of it covered.

I'm Rachel.
I'm 24, and I have two little monst-BOYS.

Ashton is 3, and Travis is 8 months, and currently he is slapping my leg with his face. What a genius.

I'm happy to see some fresh faces!

Can we talk about poop please? Yeah, lets talk about poop. I mentioned it in the other thread, but Ashy just has awful times going poop.

I changed 5 diapers today with .. "squirts?" he just can't have one big load and be done!
My house stinks. burning_eyes
At least it's nice, and I can open the windows up..

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
And UUUGH some parents.
Why do so many people in our generation have terrible parents? It makes me so sad....
My father.... well.... that's just a whole hoop of fun....
We recently started speaking again, because hetried to send me a giftcard and then a message on facebook because it wasn't working, so we spoke on the phone and he apologized - which is cool and everything but I'm still kind of wary of him. I ended up sending him a picture of Luna, but I haven't really spoken to him since. It's only been two weeks though. And he never resent that gift card lol.
I'm just not sure... I mean when I was a kid, he would call me up drunk and crying and speakin in russian, or he would use me as a credit card reference and then yell at me because when they called me I handed the phone to my mom and she talked to them. He would frequently hack my computer. I'm actually STILL paranoid about him hacking my computer.... I don't think that I should be afraid of that sort of thing coming from my dad XD
But, what counts is that he's trying now I guess.... I'm going to keep talkling to him for a while before I make a decision on whether I want my daughter around him. Not that he would hurt her, but I want to make sure he isn't going to do the same things as he did with me.

Your guys' parents sound a million times worse.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Rachuul

Kita: Let me know if you need help with anything, but I think most the ladies here have most of it covered.

I'm Rachel.

Ashton is 3, and Travis is 8 months, and currently he is slapping my leg with his face. What a genius.

Can we talk about poop please? Yeah, lets talk about poop. I mentioned it in the other thread, but Ashy just has awful times going poop.

I changed 5 diapers today with .. "squirts?" he just can't have one big load and be done!

Yea I saw this in the other thread but really wasn't sure how to answer...
My SIL's daughter was prettymuch potty trained, but started peeing and pooping her pants again when her brother was born.... I don't know if this would be it though because you said this was fairly recent......?
Is there maybe something in his diet that is giving him diarhea?
You could maybe try making a big show of throwing away underwear that he poops in.... make it a huge deal and maybe he won't want to go in his underwear...?
I've never potty trained before.... not successfully anyway.... haha that was my big fail as a nanny....
I'm another from our generation with poor parents, both of mine arn't alive today though.

My mother was an alcoholic, drug addicted prostitute. She had me in her early teens and then dumped me on my grandmother, then proceeded to have four more girls with my father and much later, a boy with another man.
My grandmother died when I was 12, which was also when my dad left. So I spend my teen years yoyoed between my mother and care homes.
And my mother died of cancer not that long ago.

My father was also an alcoholic and drug addict, until he got sick of my mother and left us all behind. I found him by sheer chance many years later, in which he was completely clean, had got married. We got to know each other and start building a relationship, but then he died of a brain hemmorage.

Well you know what they say, you can pick your friends but not your family.
I'm now the sole guardian of my youngest sister, whos currently 14, and my younger half brother who's 6.

Benevolent Fatcat

Kitakiy
Rachuul

I'm Rachel.

Yea I saw this in the other thread but really wasn't sure how to answer...
My SIL's daughter was prettymuch potty trained, but started peeing and pooping her pants again when her brother was born.... I don't know if this would be it though because you said this was fairly recent......?
Is there maybe something in his diet that is giving him diarhea?
You could maybe try making a big show of throwing away underwear that he poops in.... make it a huge deal and maybe he won't want to go in his underwear...?
I've never potty trained before.... not successfully anyway.... haha that was my big fail as a nanny....

How much yogurt does he eat? It has probiotics that can help regulate his digestive system.
My parents are pretty nice people. I love them, but they are frustrating at times. Part of the problem with most parents is the idea that they're someone on a different level than their kids....which is why they seem to have no respect for us. My mother is a nice person, but she still sees all her children as kids still...even though we range from 27 to 45 in age! It's part of the reason I parent the way I do....I don't want to ever treat my kids like they're something less than myself. I try to respect them and treat them like people even though they are young. Of course my parents don't understand at all! burning_eyes

Benevolent Fatcat

Buttery Biscuit Face
Babies emotion_donotwant

this makes me think of....

Roadhouse. emotion_donotwant

Benevolent Fatcat

Frau Holda
My parents are pretty nice people. I love them, but they are frustrating at times. Part of the problem with most parents is the idea that they're someone on a different level than their kids....which is why they seem to have no respect for us. My mother is a nice person, but she still sees all her children as kids still...even though we range from 27 to 45 in age! It's part of the reason I parent the way I do....I don't want to ever treat my kids like they're something less than myself. I try to respect them and treat them like people even though they are young. Of course my parents don't understand at all! burning_eyes

I wish my mom was nice.. I think we are just too much alike, and yet see things so differently.. We just end up clashing all the time, we aren't even talking right now..

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kita: He is really great at using the potty to pee! crying If we can get his system normal then he would have been potty trained by now.. I feel so bad.. I just want him to be able to have a regular childhood.. I fear if this continues it will cause problems for when he starts school...

Manic: He hates yogurt. But he takes chewable probiotic.. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces