Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 1410 1411 1412 > >> >>> »|

Eisefin

Get a Diaper Genie! I kept mine and I’m going to keep it well up until my last child is potty trained. They’re perfect and seal away that smell so perfectly. And to help get rid of that smell, I would suggest using a cleaner that has an enzyme eater in it. You can find them in pet stores used for cleaning up and disinfecting urine and fecal stains made by pets. What the enzyme does is that it literally eats away the odor stuck in your paint, fabrics, et cetera. It’s perfect and rids the odor permanently.

Spray it on your walls, your floors, and soak your laundry baskets in them. Anything plastic or anything that can absorb odor should be wiped down with it.

Diaper Genies will save the world one day!! I love mine. I just wish my sister would get one for her 2 year old. Good god do those diapers stink.

Oh by the way.. I moved in october from my one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom house we share with my sister, her man and my niece. She is a handful.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Well, thank you everyone for everything! I'm really glad that I've gotten such a great response to this thread, and I hope to see you all tomorrow! If I don't go to bed soon though, I won't be getting any sleep tonight.... XD
You'd think I would start going to bed when she does, but.... I love me some me time.....
Eisefin
Sammiifayse
Raising my Rainbow
This may be another one to add to the reference list for parents raising a gender creative child. It's a fantastic blog by a fantastic mother with an absolutely Fabulous gender creative son.

I didn’t know there was a term for that. My oldest son pretty much picks out his own clothing when we go shopping, which we normally get directed into the little girl’s department and he’ll pick out pants and shirts that are colorful as opposed to boy’s clothing that don’t pop and sparkle like the girl’s. I’m not raising him in any certain way as far as gender goes. He seems to know what he likes and I’m all for it. I’ll encourage happy behavior.

I'm finding that a lot of the "boy" clothing this year is really really REALLY boring! All red, blue, navy, and grey....nothing bright or fun. Kinda frustrating.

My son loves his glitter shoes. smile I mean, who wouldn't love shiney shoes? I made them rainbow because he's not old enough to tell me what color he likes best....though he does seem to like red a lot. Hard to tell.

Meanwhile my daughter has lots of "boy" shirts converted into dresses. She likes dresses, but wants things like Thomas and The Avengers on them.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

I need some advice. I was adopted by my biological grandparents because their biological daughter (my bio mom) died of ACute Fatty live of pregnancy. Well, my biological father was well into drugs and was a thief and convicted felon and just overall a bad person. So, he was not involved in my life whatsoever. I wasn't told I was adopted until I was fourteen/fifteen. Well since then I've always been curious about him, b ut never pushed the issue. It wasn't until after my adoptive father was killed in the line of duty that my biological father made efforts to contact me. I was sixteen at the time so I flipped. I blocked him and his sister (who tried to come into contact with me as well). Plus, at that time, my mother forbade me from contacting him. Well now, three years later, he has tried to contact me once again. I told my mother about it and w etalked it out and she said I can do what I want since I am an adult now, but to be wary and hesitant of him. To take things slow, and to make sure I am ready to bring him into my life because she understands I am curious. Everyone in the family of course advises against it, and ultimately will...but I am curious. I want to say something, but I'm not sure what or when. I don't even really want him in my life, I just want to say something. I don't even know how to properly explain it. I guess Im just asking what you guys think, what you'd do. And to just vent, haha. I have too many emotions going on.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Just kind of stalked his profile...obvious he is still well into smoking weed.

/sigh

I guess I won't be contact him after all. Welp, that takes a weight off my shoulders.

edit; and he still talks like a white teenaged boy trying so hard to be gangster. The man has to be
thirty four/ thirty five by now.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Little Dead Soldier

It's been passing thru our daycare (I work as a teacher there) and it was only a matter of time before he caught it. I was hoping the flu shot would've help prevented this, but guess not! xD
He is 3. Which makes it's worse because he doesn't understand why he is exploding from both ends and acts like he is just dying. -___- Not to mention, he is a boy. I remember my dad and boyfriend being ultra pathetic when they are sick. It's one of those things that you hug them and cuddle with them and help make them better, but wish you could run away! xD
I know I'm going to get sick after this. Just know it. Which is fine because I will be able to have a valid excuse to sleep all day.

My realization that I was finally an adult: I was sick, and my mother told me to stay away from her so I wouldn't get her sick.

It's kind of sad now that I think about it. rofl

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Sammi: Thanks again for thinking of me.

@Pandella: He sounds like he's still way too immature. It's probably a good thing to keep him out of your life if you're not comfortable with him. At the most, if you're up for it, you could try thinking up a list of questions and send it to him with a warning that you're in no way trying to get a relationship out of it, just that you want some answers. If he starts to overstep his boundaries, then you could block him once more.

@Diaper Genies: I use a litter bucket that has a lid. I keep some soapy water in there to hold them, but I do prefold cloth diapers most of the time {unless someone throws a pack at me}.

I'm so glad for the list of terms. I learn them eventually, but since I don't use them, I ALWAYS forget them.

I used to have a friend that started having siezures and she got them pretty bad. I stayed with her for a week and she would usually throw up after them. {At the time she was having 11-16 mini-seizures a day}. Her husband was useless when it came to vomit. It's just his weakness, so I would clean it up usually the week I stayed. I still want to gag when I hear vomit, but I've gotten better around it.

Dec. 11, my friend was holding her daughter and Esa just threw up all over my friend's chest. It all pooled in her bra. gonk

My cousin's oldest daughter has bladder problems still. She'll be 14 soon and has accidents still. It's really rough on her.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
As for moi:

I recently gave birth to my first born, William Glen, on 09/19/12. I tend to refer to him as William, Will, Liam, or sometimes Hiccup. He's actually a very happy baby most of the time. Right now his worst thing is fighting sleep. SO HARD.

Him and Eisefin's son actually had around the same estimate due date, but her boy decided to be stubborn and comfy.

Other than that, I'm a pretty happy mummy. I'm baby obsessed now-a-days.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Also, thoughts on the photos of the babies, is it possible to have them hidden with spoiler icons? Just so the page won't stretch so bad or something.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
And now it's rant time, I've been holding on to these because I had no where to put them:

1) If you're going to cancel a b-day party, CALL THE PEOPLE INVITED! Srsly, packed up my son and all his glorious packages, woke up James who hadn't gotten sleep the night before just to get there and be told that the guests of honor weren't coming. Which is cool, life happens, but it's rude and inconsiderate not to call all the people you have invited to let them know.

2) My sil was supposed to watch Will for me last Saturday so I could go on an outing. I get there and she's not there at all. Which is fine, but I wish she would have let me know. My younger sil's boyfriend was there and told me that they had gone to the mall.

So, I figure I'll just take the boy with me to the mall, which isn't that big of a deal, but I had forgot my wrap.

Get to my friend's house to pick her up, and her parents said that they would watch the boy. Which, I feel more comfortable with personally, especially since her dad is a great paramedic. Who can say no???

Well, fast forward to the day of the cancelled party, and my mil asked me what happened Sat. I asked her what she meant.

Apparently, since my sil wasn't home, I was supposed to drop Will of at my mil's {who lives down the street of said sil}. She was going on about how they had this whole plan. I look at her and say "No one told me."

And the only reason I didn't go ask my mil if she would watch my 15lb baby is right now she's having a weak spell from her overdoing it New Year's Eve. She's been too weak to brush her own hair, let alone attend to the needs of a baby right now and she needs to rest.

So, she's a bit miffed at me because "Somebody else watched my grandson?"

Those of you that remember the drama my mother caused me a few weeks back? Well she's at it again. Sent me a message today asking for a photo of Emmett, I didn't reply 'cause I was still trying to decide what to do, so she sent another one tersely asking for a photo of Emmett. I sent her one, with a messaging saying I had gotten her messages and that I took so long to reply because I wasn't sure how I felt about everything and what I wanted to do.
She replied saying something along the lines of "what has happened is history, if you want to hold a gurdge, that's up to you. But do you really think it's fair to keep Emmett from knowing your mother and father?".
That's not going to fly with me, you're not going to guilt trip me with my own son.
I responded "I only knew one set of my grandparents and it never hurt me. I'm not holding a grudge so much as trying to get you to realise that you need to treat me with respect. It seems the only way I'm going to get you to realise this is to show you what you stand to lose if you don't"
She shoots something back about offering the olive branch etc. still being a rude, terse, disrespectful piece of work, claiming I'll be losing out too if I cut her off (not that I can see how). So whatever, I'm done. I wash my hands of her. I'll continue to talk to Dad, to send him messages and such.
That's the only thing that's bothering me about all this. I really wanted Emmett to know my Dad. My Dad was everything to me growing up & he's the most amazing man I know & he is so smitten with Emmett. I hate having to take Emmett away from him because he and my mother are a package deal. Hopefully one time when we're on the Coast visiting Michael's parents, he'll be there visiting Nan & I'll be able to take Emmett to see him then.

Greedy Giver

Sammiifayse
Those of you that remember the drama my mother caused me a few weeks back? Well she's at it again. Sent me a message today asking for a photo of Emmett, I didn't reply 'cause I was still trying to decide what to do, so she sent another one tersely asking for a photo of Emmett. I sent her one, with a messaging saying I had gotten her messages and that I took so long to reply because I wasn't sure how I felt about everything and what I wanted to do.
She replied saying something along the lines of "what has happened is history, if you want to hold a gurdge, that's up to you. But do you really think it's fair to keep Emmett from knowing your mother and father?".
That's not going to fly with me, you're not going to guilt trip me with my own son.
I responded "I only knew one set of my grandparents and it never hurt me. I'm not holding a grudge so much as trying to get you to realise that you need to treat me with respect. It seems the only way I'm going to get you to realise this is to show you what you stand to lose if you don't"
She shoots something back about offering the olive branch etc. still being a rude, terse, disrespectful piece of work, claiming I'll be losing out too if I cut her off (not that I can see how). So whatever, I'm done. I wash my hands of her. I'll continue to talk to Dad, to send him messages and such.
That's the only thing that's bothering me about all this. I really wanted Emmett to know my Dad. My Dad was everything to me growing up & he's the most amazing man I know & he is so smitten with Emmett. I hate having to take Emmett away from him because he and my mother are a package deal. Hopefully one time when we're on the Coast visiting Michael's parents, he'll be there visiting Nan & I'll be able to take Emmett to see him then.
I kinda know how you feel, I got pregnant and moved out at 17, less than 3 months later my parent's relationship exploded, she was cheating on my dad, he found out, she called the cops on him (???) he had to move a couple hours away, AND I WAS PREGNANT and nobody gave a s**t emo Actually, the last time I would ever see my parents together was when my bf and I went to dinner with all of our parentals and reveled both the first ultrasound pics and the gender of their new grandchild.
I did not care about my mom at all at this point, she lied to my face about what happened (while still saying part of the truth, at least about how she didn't really have a good reason for calling the cops on him) I didn't even want her in my life at that point, but I wasn't about to make that decision for my daughter. I still don't talk to her that often, but she is usually to be seen around holidays, a phone call every month or two. As for my dad, I did everything I could to make him a part of my daughter's life, she knew him and she loved him, he loved her and made it known, he passed away in December. But my daughter loves my mom too, and I'm happy that I didn't shut her out completely since shes the only part of my previous generations still around. And our relationship has improved since I don't have to see/deal with her as much, she's always been kinda off in her own la-la land... but w/e she loves and cares about my daughter who's still young that love all she really understands about relationships

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I think I missed out on that particular drama. I'm sorry she's being a wretch, Sammi.

On another note: William just peed on the laptop. xd

I asked him if he was proud of himself and he just smiled and screeched at me.

And kicked the wipies off of the bed.

Shameless Consumer

Hi everybody! I see we've got a few new faces so I'll say this again here. Has anyone ever dealt with a child that insists on eating until they spit up/vomit? Its mostly at dinner time, but occasionally Stephanie will drink so much water after breakfast she'll have a few spit ups. Last night she ate and drank so much that when my husband leaned her over to perk at her diaper she spewed maybe an ounce all over the floor.

It feels wrong to like, take away her drinks but I'm not sure what else there is to do!

Benevolent Fatcat

Shima Shinji
Hi everybody! I see we've got a few new faces so I'll say this again here. Has anyone ever dealt with a child that insists on eating until they spit up/vomit? Its mostly at dinner time, but occasionally Stephanie will drink so much water after breakfast she'll have a few spit ups. Last night she ate and drank so much that when my husband leaned her over to perk at her diaper she spewed maybe an ounce all over the floor.

It feels wrong to like, take away her drinks but I'm not sure what else there is to do!

Have you tried to regualate what is given? Maybe Slowly eliminate drinks at meal time at all?
My Daughter never threw up, but She used to only drink until she was full and wouldn't touch her food. So for a couple years I kept fluids with meals to a min. My Son also had a tend. to eat why more then he needs. So I give sized portions and if he wants seconds, Sometimes I'll give him seconds depending on how much he ate before. And He will argue and say, But I'm still Hungry!!! And I'll just have to tell him, he'll have to wait till snack. Dinner is the worst. So I always make a lil popcorn at night. That helps alot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff