Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
It was more my side that didn't show up than my inlaws.

One of the reasons I love being married in October, just have a huge Halloween bash if nothing else!

I'm such a Halloween fiend. We went to the Halloween store and enjoyed looking around. James picked out masks for us to wear to the masquerade. I just have to buy tickets next paycheck.

We went to Toys R Us to get blocks for William and while there we enjoyed seeing what toys he took interest in. It's so much better passing the period of just knowing what he wants to him telling us what he wants. We definitely needed the laughter. heart

Magnetic Sex Symbol

We got married on Halloween.

This year for our 4th anniversary we are going on a cruise. It is actually with some friends; we didn't plan it specifically as an anniversary thing but it worked out that way. A vow renewal would be nice as a 10 year thing or 20 year thing.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
AraTeran
We got married on Halloween.

This year for our 4th anniversary we are going on a cruise. It is actually with some friends; we didn't plan it specifically as an anniversary thing but it worked out that way. A vow renewal would be nice as a 10 year thing or 20 year thing.

Huzzah for 2010!

I'm a little sad that I probably won't be a size 14 before Halloween to buy a pretty costume; but I'll live. We're going as a gang of pirates and I can whip something together.

I wanted to get married on Halloween, but then decided to get married on the 7th for Edgar Allen Poe's Death Date to make it a little different because I'm morbid and weird apparently.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Digital Fiend

Huzzah for 2010!

I'm a little sad that I probably won't be a size 14 before Halloween to buy a pretty costume; but I'll live. We're going as a gang of pirates and I can whip something together.

I wanted to get married on Halloween, but then decided to get married on the 7th for Edgar Allen Poe's Death Date to make it a little different because I'm morbid and weird apparently.

Haha, most people I know just get married on a convenient date; you have a cool story/reason behind it.

I still don't know what we are doing for Halloween for costumes. I took the day off of work because our town does a trick-or-treat thing in the middle of the day for little kids. The businesses downtown are all open and welcome little kids trick-or-treating.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
AraTeran

Haha, most people I know just get married on a convenient date; you have a cool story/reason behind it.

I still don't know what we are doing for Halloween for costumes. I took the day off of work because our town does a trick-or-treat thing in the middle of the day for little kids. The businesses downtown are all open and welcome little kids trick-or-treating.

We had a bunch of Raven centerpieces for the bridal table. We loved it.

That sounds like so much fun! Last year sucked because we planned on doing the mall with William, but b/c of the weather, Halloween got postponed to the next day and I had to work. This year I'll be on maternity leave and won't have to worry about missing out. Even with Itty, I'll just wear him/her in our wrap and wear a big coat if it's too cold like I did with William when he was a newborn.
For our renewal, I am almost tempted to have an elven wedding... though a masquerade sounds wicked fun. Pity we got married in May lol Our dating anniversary happened to fall on memorial day weekend and being a long weekend, I thought that'd be perfect for his family to make it up here. -_-

We didn't do a theme but I did use mardi gras colors for him. smile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/p600x600/193319_10150186481258169_2554945_o.jpg
@ Stephanie: He was literally the only option, sadly. I had a very long inner battle about it, that's for sure. Tyler's lactose intolerant, and every other place we checked thought that meant we wanted a vegan cake, or they would flat out say no.

@ Digi: I'd like to do regular anniversary parties too. Like every five years or something. Just to celebrate and stuff!

We had ravens at the wedding too! On the favor boxes and as our cake topper.

Halloween: I love it. It's my birthday. But we don't do anything for it. Aden's usually at his dad's house, so we don't bother. We have him this year though! I can't wait. I really need to start his costume.
Kayla: Wow... a cake without milk isn't THAT hard, sorry that happened. sad

Halloween: It's close to my birthday (10/25) as well as Maddys (10/28 ). I'm having her birthday party the 26th. Not sure what we'll do for my birthday. We never do anything big but Brandon and I do usually go out. I'd really love to go to New Orleans but I doubt that we'll have the money for that. crying
@ Stephanie: Yeah, I don't know why no one else would do it. Hell, we buy lactose-free milk (not soy or anything) and we can get lactose-free whipped cream, cream cheese, anything. I make lactose-free cake all the time. It blows my mind that no other PROFESSIONAL was aware they could do it.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sometime next year James and I are planning to go to an adult playground. It's a five hour drive. It's apparently a museum but at night on the weekends kids are kicked out and they open the bar and let adults run around. I'm excited for it!
Kayla: so crazy

Digi: that sounds fun!
So now that the wedding is over, people keep asking me about babies. And like. It's really frustrating. Cause I'm having this inner battle with myself about having babies, and I don't need people pestering me about it, you know? I want babies... but at the same time, the thought of going off all the prescriptions I'm on is extremely daunting and I don't even know if I want to deal with it. gonk
We considered having a renewal further down the road when we couldn't afford to do the things we wanted for our wedding. Even with the compromises, it turned out way better than expected we kinda just tossed that idea out the window.

Off topic
Emmett has started going to bed around 5/6pm and sleeping through to. 6:30/7am in place of having a nap. I'm so down with that. Downside is trying to sort out his evening meals as since he started he has missed dinner (he had been put down for a nap and just didn't get up). And there is the chance of him not seeing Michael of an evening.
Sammi: I'm sure it's a phase and he'll stop doing that soon. Is he eating more during the day to make up for it? May be a growth spurt. I've heard of some kids sleeping more though one... sounds like a fairy tale to me but ya know rofl haha

Lucky Star

Recently while playing peek-a-boo Cyrus hasn't been saying boo, but something that sounds like fries?
I had been trying to figure it out and explained it to Kyle and he said he didn't know.

Then a few days ago Cyrus finally says it to Kyle and he responds back with "surprise"

I was like OMG I've been trying to figure out what that was for weeks and you knew the whole time? emotion_facepalm

My pregnancy brain isn't good at deciphering toddler language

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces