Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Oh, we were talking about poop, right?

Back before I transitioned to pocket diapers from prefolds and covers, I hadn't been paying much attention to the fact that the covers were getting too small, and that Dexter could now undo velcro (at 3 months, wtf freak child?). He wiggled his cover down a little, so it created a butt funnel in the back. He pooped, and it went straight up to his ears. sad It was in his hair and everything. Then he undid the velcro cover and wiggled down in it, so he was then covered in mustard-yellow poop from his ears down to his ankles. D: I had to throw the sheets and blankets he was using away. I tried sunning them, but they were done for.
Ooooh impromptu visit from my in-laws. Just got a phone call from my MIL asking if she and my FIL could come visit for the week. It's always great to have them visit, I think I'm one of few people that doesn't have a MIL from hell.
Downside is I'm now indulging my OCD and cleaning EVERYTHING, including things I've already cleaned today. Thankfully Emmett is in a good mood and happy to entertain himself for a while. He's currently trying to figure out the very slight reflection he can see in my wool crate (it's clear plastic with fluro orange feather wool lining the bottom. So it'll show movement, but not a real reflection).

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Liam got to go outside and play in the snow for the first time ever. He ate a little of it too.

My cousin got him a 5 story Dr. Seuss book that he actually enjoys listening too.

Other than that, James has been a butt lately. Whenever he's unemployed he's miserable and that's just no fun.

Mommy win though: He was crying so hard with James, James then brought him out and gave him to me, as soon as he was in my arms, he was all smiles and giggles, for no reason.

Poop: I've had projectile poop come at me once when he was constipated almost all day. I clean the poop off in the toilet with my hands since I have cloth diapers. I've cleaned up puke from a friend that puked after having seizures. I'm pretty okay with fluids and handling them.

So far, it's only gotten on his onesies and not during nekkie play.
Oh wow, I hadn't realised how much control I've been exercising over my OCD until I decided to let myself run wild. I've worked myself into a sweat (it's 6pm, so not exactly that warm, and I'm only wearing jeans and a top that barely comes down over my ribs *designed to be a cardigan, but I wasn't going anywhere today and couldn't be arsed putting on anything more*) and I've barely started. My house is going to be shining by the time my in-laws get here.

Greedy Receiver

• My husband thinks I’m insane and sometimes I think I am as well. It seems the time that I feel like most cleaning and reorganizing is in the dead of night when everyone is asleep. That’s when I do that weird type of organizing normal people probably wouldn’t worry about. I’ll open all the cabinets in the kitchen, take all the contents out and set them on the counter, and proceed to place them in a new order either by alphabet or just to fit everything in there like a twisted game of Tetris. Same goes for the refrigerator, the hutch, the pots and pans, et cetera.

God, I’ll be up from the time the kids are asleep around nine or ten o’clock at night and continue to do so well into four in the morning, sometimes all night! It’s just one of those itches I need to scratch and makes me feel so much happier about my household, which is funny because my house generally isn’t messy. I clean very often and can be very a**l about order. I should be sleeping and recharging my batteries at night for the busy day of child rearing, but it’s the only time I can get certain stuff done.

Anyone else have weird schedules? Tendencies? Nesting habits well after giving birth?

Make me feel normal, parents!
          sweatdrop

Greedy Receiver

Satil
Oh, we were talking about poop, right?

Back before I transitioned to pocket diapers from prefolds and covers, I hadn't been paying much attention to the fact that the covers were getting too small, and that Dexter could now undo velcro (at 3 months, wtf freak child?). He wiggled his cover down a little, so it created a butt funnel in the back. He pooped, and it went straight up to his ears. sad It was in his hair and everything. Then he undid the velcro cover and wiggled down in it, so he was then covered in mustard-yellow poop from his ears down to his ankles. D: I had to throw the sheets and blankets he was using away. I tried sunning them, but they were done for.

• We've lost many onesies/sheets/blankies already that way..
          sweatdrop

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I always clean at the worst times it seems, but when I see something that bothers me, it bothers me.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
User Image
It's a video.

And if you see anything hairy, it's just my husband's stomache, I promise.
Eisefin

• My husband thinks I’m insane and sometimes I think I am as well. It seems the time that I feel like most cleaning and reorganizing is in the dead of night when everyone is asleep. That’s when I do that weird type of organizing normal people probably wouldn’t worry about. I’ll open all the cabinets in the kitchen, take all the contents out and set them on the counter, and proceed to place them in a new order either by alphabet or just to fit everything in there like a twisted game of Tetris. Same goes for the refrigerator, the hutch, the pots and pans, et cetera.

God, I’ll be up from the time the kids are asleep around nine or ten o’clock at night and continue to do so well into four in the morning, sometimes all night! It’s just one of those itches I need to scratch and makes me feel so much happier about my household, which is funny because my house generally isn’t messy. I clean very often and can be very a**l about order. I should be sleeping and recharging my batteries at night for the busy day of child rearing, but it’s the only time I can get certain stuff done.

Anyone else have weird schedules? Tendencies? Nesting habits well after giving birth?

Make me feel normal, parents!
          sweatdrop

I'm OCD, so everything is just so. The other night I completely re-arranged our pots & pans cupboard because my husband put one thing away wrong. My book cases are all arranged with the books in descending height order and everything has a place.
Emmett's room is just so, each set of garments has a particular spot and that's where it goes. My husband won't touch Emmett's drawers. He'll wash the clothes, I hang them because again, the need to be just so, he'll bring them in, but I fold and put them away. He'll happily dress Emmett, but I have to get the clothes out because he is too scared of messing something up.

I'm currently indulging every aspect of my OCD. I just had a phone call from my in-laws asking if they can visit, so every corner of my house is being cleaned within an inch of it's life. I swear I set record time for making up the guest room because I knew how much I have to get done before the get here in 12-14hrs. It's currently 6pm. I still have 2-3hrs before my husband gets home, and a lot more than 2-3hrs worth of work to do. He said he'd vacuum for me when he gets home though, which is a plus and Emmett is helping by sitting and watching Tarzan while Mummy gets to behave like a crazy person xDDD

Greedy Receiver

Digital Fiend

• Oh my god, I think I'm going to die from the cuteness. It's just. Too. MUCH!
          Daron's the same way, oh my goodness. The water is just some magical force that spills out like dreams!

Psh, even if it weren't his tummy, it's not like we haven't seen anything like it before.
          lol

You've got a precious little man there. heart

Sammiifayse

• Oh my goodness. I think you and I could tag-team very well, haha! My husband's slowly learning after some time of being together that he should just leave certain things to me. Especially with laundry. He completely ruined a whole load the other day by throwing in new green wash cloths mixed with my clothes, his clothes, and some of the kid's clothes. He just threw them in all like that! What the ********!?

Oh god, I could have killed him, haha.

I'm so glad your men are behaving for you! Emmett seems like such a little cutie, d'aaww~
          And Tarzan! Good movie~
          I approve.
          cool

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sammiifayse

Does anyone have a little one so completely unphased by noises?

The only time my guy is disturbed is by the blender when we're trying to blend ice. Other than that, popped balloons, other noises, nothing. He's just cool yo'.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Shima Shinji
I often fantasize about having only one child, even though it makes me sound horrible! Both girls are so dependent, I've always got someone touching me, fighting over me, NEEDING me almost every second of the day. I can just imagine being able to cook dinner without three people screaming at me, being able to eat with the rest of the family, going pee without the world ending, doing housework before they go to sleep for the night, or doing schoolwork during the day ( eek ).

Or maybe I'd just use the extra time to teach my baby to not eat crayons/books/paper/bugs/socks/cat hair. lol

I give you props. I know how hard it is tonight with just 1 child and actual help. I can't imagine twins.

I mean, they're all worth it, but it's nice to escape fantasy-wise every now and then.
Eisefin

• Oh my goodness. I think you and I could tag-team very well, haha! My husband's slowly learning after some time of being together that he should just leave certain things to me. Especially with laundry. He completely ruined a whole load the other day by throwing in new green wash cloths mixed with my clothes, his clothes, and some of the kid's clothes. He just threw them in all like that! What the ********!?

Oh god, I could have killed him, haha.

I'm so glad your men are behaving for you! Emmett seems like such a little cutie, d'aaww~
          And Tarzan! Good movie~
          I approve.
          cool

Michael got to the point where he would ask why I wanted something done a particular way, and if my answer didn't "make sense" to him, he'd ask if it was because I needed it done that way. He's getting there. My tics frustrate the living hell out of him, but he gets that it's just part of who I am.

Emmett is fantastic. He's usually happy to entertain himself when I have things to do, which helps. Tarzan is his favourite movie (well only movie really, he won't watch anything else). He loves the gorillas.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
dragonslord8o
Stay at home moms out there...help me out
I was at the library with my kid and i happened to mention i read a lot because i'm a SAHM. One of the moms kind of rolled her eyes at me. I've met a couple of people who thought SAHMs were lazy so they didn't work or were gold diggers.
I run a cattle/chicken farm and I have a disabled husband to care for. I'd have more kids if my husband was in better shape.
I think people give me a harder time than most because I'm in an age gap relationship. (I'm a bit younger than him)

any other SAHMs out there get a hard time?

I haven't yet, but I don't get out much. I do think that most people are "You're a sahm, then your house must be spotless! You must always have food ready for meals at certain times."

Which, I'm sure they're out there. I've never been great at keeping on a schedule. I do do most of the housework, but it's the little things that can make everything easier.

I think a lot of people just like to judge and don't realize that we do hard things. But for some reason, we should do everything. And Heaven to Betsy if we take a break.
As things stand, worst case scenario, I could probably deal with my in laws seeing my house as it is now (I've only been cleaning for the last hour and a half), once it's vacuumed when Michael gets home.
And now we need to go shopping too, 'cause there is no way we have enough food in the house to support having the in laws here as well. There was enough for just Michael and I because I don't really eat during the day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff