• Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Sammiifayse
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Emmett has a lot of overalls. Both Michael & I love them, so my MIL gets him Osh Kosh ones while she's in the states (it's a lot cheaper there). They're so much easier. Emmett's issue is his shirts ride up, so overalls help stop that.
Once we're toilet training though, it won't be anything but elastic waist bands for a while xD

The sad thing is, my daughter is toilet training. The reason for most of her paintings is because she refuses to poop in her pants so instead takes her diaper off, poops somewhere in the room and colors with it...
One day I came in to find she took a dump on her dump truck. What?

Oh dear :/ I hope Emmett doesn't do that.
Good luck!

It's not so bad. My husband can't stand it so he has the job of washing her afterwards. I get to do the dirty work because I can stomach that kind of thing. We're on opposing ends. Poop and vomit, I've got. Blood is all him.

Michael gags a lot at the smell of poo, but he can clean it up if need be. I can handle all bodily fluids in that they don't cause a negative reaction. Just as soon as I'm done, I'll do scrub my hands several times.

I'm not grossed out by blood but seeing my child bleed sends me into a panic. Her second Halloween she was jumping on the couch and she fell and pushed three teeth up into her gums. She also cut herself and there was a good bit of blood. I couldn't be calm and I was panicking while Jason held her and assessed the situation.
Everything else I just consider part of the job.
Sukuya
I'm not grossed out by blood but seeing my child bleed sends me into a panic. Her second Halloween she was jumping on the couch and she fell and pushed three teeth up into her gums. She also cut herself and there was a good bit of blood. I couldn't be calm and I was panicking while Jason held her and assessed the situation.

Ah ok. I'm able to compartmentalise. I can deal with things there and then, regardless of who it happened to, and then once it's all over I'll have my little panic attack.

Fashionable Explorer

8,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Crunchy Spice
Lilith has pooped in bed before. I was giving her naked time and it happened so suddenly I was just like "Fine." and sat there and watched her. What was done was done. lol

Aaliyah did that one teh towels after I gave her a bath.
Bl
M sister and I cracked it over her doing that, it was kinda hilarious.
Pus, she has bubbled out the top of her nappy a couple of times before.
Huzzah! Emmett is finally asleep. Now to commandeer his play mat to replace the rug & fold washing on!

Liberal Friend

9,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Sammiifayse
Sukuya

Ah ok. I'm able to compartmentalise. I can deal with things there and then, regardless of who it happened to, and then once it's all over I'll have my little panic attack.

Yeah and it's not that I want to run and hide. I want to grab her and cry with her. Hugging and squeezing her because I feel so bad.

Shameless Consumer

Naterbee
Crunchy Spice
Lilith has pooped in bed before. I was giving her naked time and it happened so suddenly I was just like "Fine." and sat there and watched her. What was done was done. lol

Aaliyah did that one teh towels after I gave her a bath.
Bl
M sister and I cracked it over her doing that, it was kinda hilarious.
Pus, she has bubbled out the top of her nappy a couple of times before.

I had to cut a onesie off of Stephanie once, it was so covered in poo it wasn't worth getting it all in her hair just to save it. The worst was that I somehow didn't notice until I had already picked her up and cuddled her, so I also had poop all over my clothes and hands. gonk I was at my MIL's too, I ended up having to wear an old shirt of hers home.

@Fluids: I can deal with them all, but blood is probably my worst just because I feel awful and want to make it better but you just kind of have to let it bleed and hurt for a while. Thankfully we've only had one bloody lip with each baby.
The only poo encounters I've really had with Emmett:
When we first brought him home, we were a little over zealous in going to change him once he had pooped, so he wasn't finished when we opened the nappy.
Another time, he just exploded out the side (turns out I needed to go up a size in nappies) all over one of his good singlets (had it been one of the cheap ones, I would have just gotten rid of it, but it was one of the good ones from the States that you can't get in Australia, so I had to save it).

That said, I'm pretty good at getting clothes with poo on them off. I've plenty of experience with that. The little boy I cared for in France was notorious for it. His parents refused to listen to me when I tried to tell them his nappies were too small and that was why poo was going everywhere.
Ooh! Just found out Michael has the same blood type as me. Which by definition means that Emmett & any other child will have as well. This is great! I can provide blood, organs, everything to my husband and son if they ever need it.

Liberal Friend

9,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I've always wanted to be able to donate blood and such. Nobody would want my blood and it sucks because I'm o-.
Sukuya
I've always wanted to be able to donate blood and such. Nobody would want my blood and it sucks because I'm o-.

O neg is the universal donor! Everyone wants O neg. You can only receive O neg blood, but you can give to EVERYONE.
Why would no one want your blood?
My husband isn't allowed to donate blood because he lived in England during the Mad Cow epidemic. But I figure if Emmett needs it I'll sign whatever damned consent form they shove under my nose so my husband can give him blood if I for some reason can't.
I've donated once, and I plan on habitually donating once I'm allowed to. I have to wait until Emmett is 9mo before I'm allowed to

Liberal Friend

9,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Sammiifayse
Sukuya

O neg is the universal donor! Everyone wants O neg. You can only receive O neg blood, but you can give to EVERYONE.
My husband isn't allowed to donate blood because he lived in England during the Mad Cow epidemic. But I figure if Emmett needs it I'll sign whatever damned consent form they shove under my nose so my husband can give him blood if I for some reason can't.
I've donated once, and I plan on habitually donating once I'm allowed to. I have to wait until Emmett is 9mo before I'm allowed to

I have Hepatitis B. The red cross would never take my blood.
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Sukuya

Oh that sucks!

Liberal Friend

9,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Sammiifayse
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Sukuya

Oh that sucks!

I was excited when I found out about the o- but disappointed when I found out about the Hep. But I kind of look at it as I'm already in a sucky statistic, what are the chances of another sucky situation happening?
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Sukuya
Sammiifayse
Sukuya

Oh that sucks!

I was excited when I found out about the o- but disappointed when I found out about the Hep. But I kind of look at it as I'm already in a sucky statistic, what are the chances of another sucky situation happening?

True enough.
mawsibeth
Ah! Satil! Dexter and that paint! So cute. I've been meaning to make some paint for Toby that'll be fun, Maybe I'll do it tomorrow? I'm debating whether or not I want to risk staining a diaper. I'll just use the ugly one razz

It was so, so, so much fun. heart I just used an old, ill-fitting onesie to contain the epic mess. And a disposable since I'm stripping diapers right now.

Messy play is the best. I'm so happy he's come around to it. He made kind of whimpering noises at first, but once I drew that heart so he could see what the point of it all was he went NUTS. And then he tasted it and the painting was over. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff