Bassinet 0.072463768115942 7.2% [ 5 ]
Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

@Moo: I have my imaginary Giant Schnauzer named Roscoe. Hopefully he'll be real in the next... 5 years sad I am not a fan of yorkies or min pins... Min pins are too much like cats IMO.

Speaking of dogs, I started teaching this new class last week that I'm seriously worried about. Three very poorly socialized dogs, one of which actually bit me (just a warning bite from a tiny dog, not serious), the other clearly has a prey drive stronger than an ox and the third dog is just posturing and all bark but its enough to set the other two off...

I might end up breaking this class up for sanitys sake.

I am excited I might get to teach a deaf dog soon though...The owner was a horrid b***h but her dog is very cool. I wish I could just take the dog...
There aren't any indoor places to have it even if we could afford it (which we can't), and the whole point was to have a big family affair because we rarely see the family, but without my in laws there, it's not really possible. My parents were going to come up for it too so it really was going to be everyone. I'm not going to host a party at my in laws' house without them there, and I'm not comfortable with one side of the family to have them there anywhere else. Unfortunately, they're the ones with the twin girls 6mo older than Emmett, so it was kinda important to us that they were there because Emmett never gets to play with kids his age. To top it off, two of his birthday gifts are at my in laws (well one is currently being shipped there but whatever).

Michael thinks I'm upset for me not for Emmett. He thinks I'm trying to live through Emmett. I don't think I am. I just want him to have the things I didn't and part of that is the extended family he has. I've been looking forward to seeing his face when he got all excited at the fire stuff. He would have loved it so much. I'm devastated that I don't get to see him like that. We can't do anything at home because we're not allowed to mount decorations or anything :/
Rachel: Ahhhh ok, legit. Yeah Maddy SOMETIMES naps but usually not for long and usually in the car so I don't get to sleep with her haha.

Sade: Ugh, if she naps that long then yeah he needs to while she's napping. There's just no excuse, you did it and he can too.

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Sammi: Sorry Emmett ' s birthday is working out like you planned. Kid's birthdays are important they may not remember all of them but they'll see the pictures and know they were important enough to be loved.

Sade: wow you sound like you have your hands full with those 3 dogs.

Saber: Welcome.

Animals: I have to male cats an orange tabby 19lbs and a siamese 18lbs they are super chill. They siamese has had some urinary tract issues that required one too many vet visits his next one will be over the rainbow bridge and the tabby was taking a crap at the end of the driveway one winter and my husband ran over his tail. sweatdrop So now he looks like a Bob cat. We also have three dogs. A basset hound and two wiener dogs. They youngest wiener dog is in love with Olivia. He jumped in the hot tub after Olivia the other month. We quickly discovered he doesn't swim. Lol I love my animals but I can't wait to be done with all the fur. Two of them are 7 yrs, 6 yrs, 5 yrs and 1.5 yrs. So they have a long life a head of all of them.

Ehhh we're trying to figure out our budget. Factoring child care sucks!

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
@ Sade - He is a black lab mastiff mix. Two almost three years old. So yea definately not a small dog.

@ Saber - Yea in all honestly she has been a s**t mom to me compared to my siblings. But she has gotten a little more supportive me after I had my daughter and moved out.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sorry I've been MIA. Been a tiring week this week.

Pets: I have a cat Jekyll. He's spoiled and drinks out of the tub faucet, but he is super wonderful with William. My kid is starting to try and carry the cat around (we have a big cat too) and he just goes with it.

Sammi: Like, the parties are for us to watch our kids enjoy themselves. We want them to have fun and I totally feel you when it comes to wanting kids to have family. And I only say this because even though it got cancelled, Emmett doesn't know any better because he didn't have the expectations that you had.

It doesn't make the hurt and annoyance and disappointment any less real though.

@Perky: Congrats! That's so awesome. Child care suuuuucks.

Oh, and my meeting today was all about complaints. It sucked, but it's over with now. I can either get better or wallow. I think tonight is a good night to wallow. Ya know?
Sammi: Have it at home without decorations then. He's going to be 2. He won't remember that you didn't have decorations. Or just have them on tables/counters.

Thief: I laughed out loud at the "taking a crap" part lol Sorry. I had a cat once who was a farm cat, a cow stepped on his tail as a baby and it fell off. We called him Stumpie haha.

Sparkly Smoker

@Sammii: That totally sucks that they're ruining the party you had planned. Could you do it at a family friendly restaurant? I know it's not ideal but usually you can put up decor and not have to worry about feeding everyone. They also tend to be cheaper than say a civic center or kids' place.

@Saber: Welcome! I'm iggy, 22, engaged to my SO of five years and mommy to an almost five month old baby girl!

@Animals: I freaking love animals! We have Sookie, a 4 year old Chihuahua that my fiancé got me as a Christmas present a couple of years ago; Sugar, a 10 year old Plott Hound that I adopted; and Bree, a 2 year old Pitbull/Boxer that my fiancé brought home when she was a puppy. We also have Chester, my 15 year old cat that my brother brought home as a kitten and I ended up getting stuck with him. I don't think I want anymore cats, and my fiancé definitely doesn't. I might adopt a hairless cat one day just because I think they're so ugly and precious. xd My graduation gift to myself will be a Great Dane. I CAN NOT WAIT. emotion_bigheart

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Oh, and for dogs: I love dogs. I don't want one unless I can fully care for it though.

I don't like puppies though. I mean, I love puppies as long as their others' responsibility. Like how most people like babies when they can give them back to the moms if they start to act up.

Liberal Receiver

Pets;
We're kitty parents. I think I mentioned ti before. But now we're down to two. When one of the other two goes we're musing being a foster family for kitties.

I haven't had many problems with cats growing up to have serious problems or personalities I dislike. There was one male that would not stop spraying if we didn't let him out of the house, so we let him out of the house and he became a total tomcat.
And let me tell you, he was one fat cat with huge balls. Loved ********' everyone though. This was while I was a child, and eventually I had to move. My dad set out a "trap" to try and catch him but at the end of the month he said that we couldn't keep waiting.

The other was a mamma cat, and was actually my dad's, who in the beginning was a very pleasant kitty. She loved to sit on your chest and "hug" you. She liked to keep you company in the garden. She would kill and eat anything she got her claws on - including snakes. It was only after she had four or five litters and was old that she became bitchy. She could still be an agreeable cat though, but she didn't like being pet for a long time.
My dad put her down this year because of old age and really, her quality of life was deteriorating fast.

Out current furbabies are one fat cat that pretty much lets you do almost anything to her and the most she'll do is "marow" and wiggle away. She's only ever clawed us on accident. The other is a still fairly young kitty(She's I think 3. Unlike the other kitty, we adopted her, she wasn't born into the family.) so she's not quite calm yet. But she rarely intends to claw anyone. The younger is an avid hunter - and I mean avid. Everything is game. Socks. Moths. Field mice. Centipedes. All are nom to her. The old one is just that, old and lazy.
Both tolerate Kalen well, except that the young one never wants to be held and the old fat one only likes to be held a certain way - you can hug her while she's laying down, but she does not dig being picked up without you putting both arms under and around her.

As for dogs - I have my reservations about them. I was bitten more than once by a dog. And I don't know if the same personality I raise in cats would be raised into a dog.
My brother's dog is ok. My brother is always good with dogs and raising them. He does raise them to be a protector of the house and family, but his dog has only ever bitten someone who jumped his fence.
However because he's a German shepherd, my brother has to muzzle him every time he goes out because he's considered "dangerous".
Yeah right. That dog can play with a toddler that sticks his fingers in the dog's mouth, played with the dog's tongue, and tried to ride the dog like a horse without growling or biting the child. He's not ********' dangerous.
Except that he likes to lay on people's feet. So he's dangerous in the sense that he's a trip hazard.

Lucky Star

Animals: I had my cat Tomi when I was growing up. She was my princess, I got her when I was 3 (and named her tomato lol) , and she died when I was 22 =(
We have no pets now (the apartment wants a $450 deposit for a cat and our building doesn't allow dogs, even if it did I want a big dog, and I'd feel bad having any dog live in an apartment
Cyrus is absolutely in love with Kyle's mom's dog, she got him when Cyrus was 1 and they've been best friends ever since. They run around and play hide and go seek lol (he's a beagle)

The trip to Ohio yesterday wasn't bad. We got there in 2 and a half hours, but we didn't get home till 3am! Cyrus slept the way there and the way home thankfully.
His two cousins were there, both girls, one a week older than him and one 6 months younger. He had so much fun. He was chasing them around, and playing "peekaboo" which was more like hide and seek, lol. He'd hide behind a chair and when they came in the room he'd jump out and say boo and they'd laugh and run and he'd chase them.
He called them "the girls" and has been telling me since he woke up that he wants to play with "the girls" lol.

But today he gets to play with "the boys" lol.
Kyle's aunt is up from Tennessee and she has 2 boys, 3.& 4.
It should be another exhausting day
So, Adam thinks I'm pregnant and there is literally no convincing him otherwise, you know, despite being on one of the more effective birth controls. Tempted to get a blood test to show him otherwise but not sure if that counts as wasting a doctors time for more important things or something.
I get kinda paranoid by these things myself and take a hpt when things add up too much, and when I get a negative I just leave it and am happy with that result.
I took one for Adam and it showed negative but he still won't believe it.
:/

And all of this is over my tummy looking weird when I lean back.
It kiinda comes to a point or something? It's weird, I'd have to take a picture to explain it properly buut not entirely sure if I'm comfortable with that.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Animals: We have 2 dogs (Belgian Malinois and German wirehaired pointer) and 2 tabby cats (9 years and 3 years). We are trying to find a balance between teaching Gerard how to behave around animals, and teaching the animals how to behave with him.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Nater: I'm always afraid I'm pregnant, and I have the arm implant ;_;

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Torch-them please
So, Adam thinks I'm pregnant and there is literally no convincing him otherwise, you know, despite being on one of the more effective birth controls. Tempted to get a blood test to show him otherwise but not sure if that counts as wasting a doctors time for more important things or something.
I get kinda paranoid by these things myself and take a hpt when things add up too much, and when I get a negative I just leave it and am happy with that result.
I took one for Adam and it showed negative but he still won't believe it.
:/

And all of this is over my tummy looking weird when I lean back.
It kiinda comes to a point or something? It's weird, I'd have to take a picture to explain it properly buut not entirely sure if I'm comfortable with that.

Nater: He does realize you've got pretty much the most effective birth control on the market? Super weird. Though I will say I stopped getting my period for a while while I had my implanon and totally freak that I was preggo. whee Why is he obsessed with you being pregnant? That's so bizarre. If you were pregnant it's not like you wouldn't tell him, right? I'm sure it's just your stomach muscles contracting or something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff