< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 1410 1411 1412 > >> >>> »|

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Kitakiy
Pandella

I need some advice. I was adopted by my biological grandparents because their biological daughter (my bio mom) died of ACute Fatty live of pregnancy. Well, my biological father was well into drugs and was a thief and convicted felon and just overall a bad person. So, he was not involved in my life whatsoever. I wasn't told I was adopted until I was fourteen/fifteen. Well since then I've always been curious about him, b ut never pushed the issue. It wasn't until after my adoptive father was killed in the line of duty that my biological father made efforts to contact me. I was sixteen at the time so I flipped. I blocked him and his sister (who tried to come into contact with me as well). Plus, at that time, my mother forbade me from contacting him. Well now, three years later, he has tried to contact me once again. I told my mother about it and w etalked it out and she said I can do what I want since I am an adult now, but to be wary and hesitant of him. To take things slow, and to make sure I am ready to bring him into my life because she understands I am curious. Everyone in the family of course advises against it, and ultimately will...but I am curious. I want to say something, but I'm not sure what or when. I don't even really want him in my life, I just want to say something. I don't even know how to properly explain it. I guess Im just asking what you guys think, what you'd do. And to just vent, haha. I have too many emotions going on.

Well, I'm not sure if I have any good advice for you - your situation is a little unique.
I did see your other post where you said you stalked his profile and saw that he still smokes pot.
I think that if it's just going to keep bugging you and eating at you, then maybe you should just try sending him a message. I mean obviously you don't want him in your life - what would you say to him if you thought you'd never ever see him again or hear from him again?

Thats what I was thinking. Not add him, just shoot him a message and ask exactly why he is
trying to get in touch with me. Because yeah you're right, it'll just bug me and eat away at me
unless I at least SAY something. Because the reality is, I don't want to go my whole life without
ever knowing him. Or at least speaking to him.

My mother said the only time I saw him was when I was ten and we accidentally ran into him at
the gas station. I was away picking something out to eat I suppose and my mom runs into him
and he goes "Is that her?".."Yes thats her" but he made no notion to speak to me. I guess in
respect to my mother, or cowardice, not exactly sure.

i think I'll wait until after I get my wisdom teeth out and mull over it a few more days.

Benevolent Fatcat

Shima Shinji
ManicMicroMilf
Shima Shinji
Hi everybody! I see we've got a few new faces so I'll say this again here. Has anyone ever dealt with a child that insists on eating until they spit up/vomit? Its mostly at dinner time, but occasionally Stephanie will drink so much water after breakfast she'll have a few spit ups. Last night she ate and drank so much that when my husband leaned her over to perk at her diaper she spewed maybe an ounce all over the floor.

It feels wrong to like, take away her drinks but I'm not sure what else there is to do!

Have you tried to regualate what is given? Maybe Slowly eliminate drinks at meal time at all?
My Daughter never threw up, but She used to only drink until she was full and wouldn't touch her food. So for a couple years I kept fluids with meals to a min. My Son also had a tend. to eat why more then he needs. So I give sized portions and if he wants seconds, Sometimes I'll give him seconds depending on how much he ate before. And He will argue and say, But I'm still Hungry!!! And I'll just have to tell him, he'll have to wait till snack. Dinner is the worst. So I always make a lil popcorn at night. That helps alot.

We don't give her anything to drink with meals, just afterwards. She'll just completely stuff herself at dinner and then chug down drinks and as soon as she starts playing it works it's way back up.

She's only just over 1, it feels weird to be restricting her food. I'm not sure what else there is to do, though!
It is very hard to have to start something like that. But It's better then having bad habits form. I would try to limit her fluid intake after dinner, It will help her to learn to not chug it down too. If she still seems sick from stuffing herself, slowly ease the portion sizes at dinner. Going by portion sizes isn't a bad thing, Just promoting healthy choices, not restricting, there can always be seconds if you feel she can handle them. heart

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Sorry ladies I didn't give any introduction!

My name is Taylor and I will be nineteen February 22nd! I have a little girl who will be three
months on the 23rd. She is currently playing on her play mat!

I'm still with the father of my child and he will be twenty this year, June 26th. We will have
been together for two years May 10th!

Pandella

Taylor you look an awful lot like my sister London. I just noticed your siggy.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
ZellyKat
Pandella

Taylor you look an awful lot like my sister London. I just noticed your siggy.

Ohh? You should show me a pic for comparison!

Frau Holda
So what is everyone's littles into right now?

Dani's big into the solar system. She likes watching YouTube videos about planet size comparisons again and again. I got a bunch of books for her about space too last night. Her favorite planet is Saturn. She asked me if the Frost Giants live on Saturn. rofl (She's an Avengers lover). Right now she's watching some Leap Frog show about letters and phonics. She knows most of them and I think she'll be reading soon.

Oscar loves to draw, dance and play with little animal figures. He's doing spirals and lines now more so than just scribbling. He'll do it for HOURS.

Emmett loves Apes. Tarzan initially, and then I was watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and he wouldn't take his eyes off it when the Chimpanzees were on, rest of it he couldn't care less, but the Apes had his full attention. He has a gorilla hand puppet he's also kinda fond of.
My husband and I are going to take him to the Melbourne zoo to celebrate his 6mo on the 26th. It'll be great to see his face. Sure, I know he won't remember it, but I will & I love the zoo anyway.
Digital Fiend
I think I missed out on that particular drama. I'm sorry she's being a wretch, Sammi.

On another note: William just peed on the laptop. xd

I asked him if he was proud of himself and he just smiled and screeched at me.

And kicked the wipies off of the bed.

Basically last time she attacked me on FB & I got sick of her crap and called her on it. She called me emotionally abusive and accused me of spreading lies to big note myself. I deleted & blocked her 'cause I'd had enough & wasn't going to stand for being treated like that. She then posted on her facebook asking for people to basically spy on me & pass on pictures of her grandson. So I've been really skittish posting anything on my FB of late as a result, which sucks 'cause it's how I connect with everyone.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

emotion_bigheart This thread is adorable.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
So one of my final appointments tomorrow before I'm officially a mom...

Planning on a natural birth. But my doctor is going to offer to scrape the membranes at this weeks appointment. I was just wondering if anyone here had done it-what their experiences were with it.

Also-hi! I'm amanda....and I have a hell of a long story that I will tell if asked about.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Shima Shinji

I dunno if you saw my post in the other thread, but there are powders that you can get from the pediatrician to help. It sounds kind of cruel, but have you tried making him take his diapers off and having him wipe himself clean? He might be able to learn with some practice.

I may have, but the other thread is crazy crowded. crying
Anyway, I started him on Miralax.. 3 days ago? Maybe we're just waiting to get his system started.
I wouldn't let him take the diapers off right now.. but he wipes when he uses the potty ( from seeing me, lol ) . He wipes after he goes pee in a diaper to change into undies.

Maybe once he starts to have more solid bowel movements we will let him smile
Emmett is so close to crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees well enough, and then sort of rocks back and forth building up momentum before he launches himself forward. It's adorable to watch!

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Frau Holda
So what is everyone's littles into right now?

Dani's big into the solar system. She likes watching YouTube videos about planet size comparisons again and again. I got a bunch of books for her about space too last night. Her favorite planet is Saturn. She asked me if the Frost Giants live on Saturn. rofl (She's an Avengers lover). Right now she's watching some Leap Frog show about letters and phonics. She knows most of them and I think she'll be reading soon.

Oscar loves to draw, dance and play with little animal figures. He's doing spirals and lines now more so than just scribbling. He'll do it for HOURS.

We put up little glowing stars on Ashton's wall recently! He likes to look outside at the moon and stars, 3nodding

But right now his biggest thing is Legos. We're slowly teaching him the directions, and he has taken very well! We get the small sets , so they aren't too complex, but I'm very proud. My husband and brother are both very good with building.. we think that is where he gets it from.

Greedy Receiver

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Aaliyah is such a troll.
She was a whole centimeter off rolling onto her tummy this morning so I clapped and cheered her on.
I thought the little bugger was going to do it up until she rolled back onto her back and laughed at me.
B|

Unstoppable Hoarder

My son can almost crawl. He'll either get his butt in the air or his chest off the ground. But never both at the same time. xD

My Jason:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff