Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Lover

Does not mean I want genitalia, men. Take a compliment, give a bro hug, and stfu. Leave the
"gay scene" and stereotypes to the dark ages and let your humanity show.

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Timid 100
Big Magikarp
Sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Every gay man I knew irl (around 10) fit the "flamboyant gay manwhore" stereotype.

I know...ten men =/= the whole gay community, but still. The walking stereotypes exist.

Pretty much this. I'm a gay guy in real life, and even I find "flamboyant gay manwhores" to be annoying as ********. lol

Tipsy Prophet

Big Magikarp
Cirquedu
Does not mean I want genitalia, men. Take a compliment, give a bro hug, and stfu. Leave the

Every gay man I knew irl (around 10) fit the "flamboyant gay manwhore" stereotype.

I know...ten men =/= the whole gay community, but still. The walking stereotypes exist.

I have never met a guy who would have fit thist stereotype and I've known more gay guys than straight one.
Which isn't necessarily much since I've known maybe three or four straight guys in the past eight or so years.
Who the hell are you talking to? You do realize you're posting in the lifestyle discussion forum on gaia online right? There's an entire thread dedicated to chanting your "pride " over being gay.

If your goal was to educate people what it truly is like to be gay, you failed completely.

If your goal was to be a whiny b***h over the internet, congrats. You did a good job at it.

Ruthless Lover

Big Magikarp
Cirquedu

True, they do exist, but is it okay to judge at first glance? Until that momment of disrespect, there should be no problems.

Ruthless Lover

carr1996
Who the hell are you talking to? You do realize you're posting in the lifestyle discussion forum on gaia online right? There's an entire thread dedicated to chanting your "pride " over being gay.

If your goal was to educate people what it truly is like to be gay, you failed completely.

If your goal was to be a whiny b***h over the internet, congrats. You did a good job at it.
Ugh, such lack of respect and a misinterpretation. Take from it what you will.

Ruthless Lover

Big Magikarp
Cirquedu
Big Magikarp
Cirquedu

True, they do exist, but is it okay to judge at first glance? Until that momment of disrespect, there should be no problems.

Oh, so this is just a whine topic? I thought it was a serious discussion about stereotypes.
No this was a serious discussion question about sterotyping. I was hoping that I could understand and maybe shed some light (pledge my respect) to the men who view otherwise.
This is a valid point, that I feel isn't often made. Also, to the person below me. Just because someone fits into a stereotype doesn't mean the stereotype is accurate. Stereotypes are by definition faulty generalizations.

Ruthless Lover

Big Magikarp
Cirquedu
Big Magikarp
Cirquedu
Big Magikarp
Cirquedu

Oh, so this is just a whine topic? I thought it was a serious discussion about stereotypes.
No this was a serious discussion question about sterotyping. I was hoping that I could understand and maybe shed some light (pledge my respect) to the men who view otherwise.

I don't understand what light you're hoping to shed. Stereotypes exist. They will always exist as long as the caricatures they're based on still exist (eg. White Trash, Black Gangstas, Flamboyant Gays, Greedy Jews, etc).

It is unfortunate that people don't bother to get to know the individual first, I agree.
They do exist, but do we have to acknowledge them? In some cases we do, but we shouldnt have to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff