Welcome to Gaia! ::

im catholic however i dont really think i believe in it all too well =T
but to the point,Im just wondering because people have been sort of insulting my idea of religions and gods of what ive been finding out of how all religions are correct due to minds working in different planes(its a different topi so i wont bring it up in here)
but they tell me to prove it with hardcore evidence and it made me think.What hard evidence does christianity(and not just that but other religions)have of them being -true-?because I hear countless people saying.no that religion is wrong mine is 100% TRUE.well,what evidence do you have of what happens after death?do you TRULY know that due to your belief,you will go to heaven/hell?if you do,then what evidence do you have?im sort of getting tired of people saying its 100%true as a fact that they will go to heaven/hell when im not even given any hard evidence either.im not trying to start any arguments.i am simply curious and have a question so please no trash talking.
~Thanks
why are you making so many damn threads?

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
I personally don't believe there's anything that could really, truly be considered 'hard evidence' about any religion. Because religion is about faith, and unfortunately, faith is an idea, and you can't see those sort of ideas.
Almighty Toilet Plungerre
why are you making so many damn threads?

simply out of boredom rofl whee xp xd 3nodding 4laugh domokun sweatdrop blaugh
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
I personally don't believe there's anything that could really, truly be considered 'hard evidence' about any religion. Because religion is about faith, and unfortunately, faith is an idea, and you can't see those sort of ideas.

precisely my point,I dont understand why people are saying they know for a fact that that will come true.I mean even my theory,of course itll come true due to their belief/religion but as evidence wise,they have none.and wow ive been seeing you in alot of the forums xD
Please stop making threads until you have a really interesting or groundbreaking topic. This is your sixth thread on the first page alone. If you want to spam up a forum, go to the chatterbox.
Christianity does have hard evidence.
King David
The Prophets
The Apostles
The Virgin Mary
Jesus
God
and more.

Jesus saved us all, we should try our best to be thankful for it.
If u need more evidence, pick up a Bible and read it.
Pirate Ninja Hanyou
King David
The Prophets
The Apostles
The Virgin Mary
Jesus
God
and more.

those are said to be things
I mean things you can show me right now,like show me an image of
what going on in heaven,not just he said that so its true
or it says so in this book or site.
skippinggrace
Please stop making threads until you have a really interesting or groundbreaking topic. This is your sixth thread on the first page alone. If you want to spam up a forum, go to the chatterbox.

whoopsie,guess I got a bit carried away,sorry! sweatdrop

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
FobbyNeenja
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n

precisely my point,I dont understand why people are saying they know for a fact that that will come true.I mean even my theory,of course itll come true due to their belief/religion but as evidence wise,they have none.and wow ive been seeing you in alot of the forums xD
I'm bored and the medicine I had to take earlier is only just now wearing off enough so I feel sleepy..and I don't have much better to do than think a lot. And these threads are a bit easier to think about than things in the ED.

Pirate Ninja Hanyou- That doesn't really cut it. There have been things written for every single religion there is. A book, whether you personally believe it or not, is not 'hard evidence.'

And I'm not being blasphemous and if you say I am I will probably feel like slapping you. Unless you -believe- in the bible, it can't be considered hardcore evidence to support Christianity. So someone who remains neutral on the subject will obviously fail to see it as a significant source of proof.
i think people would believe or be in a religion because they are influenced in their environment ,people and culture. for example, if you're born in china, it's common to be a communist, in india it's common to see hindi people, in japan they'd be shintoist..

and if you get so used in something and see other people doing it to, you tend to get influenced by it and become like them.

that is until you realize that you can decide on your own on what faith/ belief you'd adapt .
I can feel things that other's can't feel, that isn't actually considered evidence. Due to everything I beleive in, I have a few choices, the afterlife as a ghost or my heaven. Personally, in my beleif I can choose either so everything is good for me. <3

Oh yes, some advice; If people ask you to prove something you don't have to, as long as you know it's there. "Nothing is impossible" Albert Einstein (Is that right?)
I wanna be catholic.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Pirate Ninja Hanyou
King David
The Prophets
The Apostles
The Virgin Mary
Jesus
God
and more.

I guess they say it's a fact because of evidence like this.

The bible is the word of god, therefore everything in it must be true. We know the bible is the word of god because it is said in the bible that the bible is the word of god. As the word of god, it must be true. Therefore all information found in the bible is fact. Crazy s**t, huh?

If you want my opinion, there are no real facts to support any of it. It's all just based off belief and that's all it needs to be. Trying to "prove" religion is silly, since that kind of defeats the point.
Truthfully there is no mathematical and absolute logical proof for any religion out there. I'm a Christian and I am because there can be proof of a different kind.

Think about this for a second...When people ask for proof of a religion they ask for absolute one hundred percent almost 2 + 2 = 4 kind of proof. This isn't consistent with the way the world works. Think about our legal system...it is based on probability, the only way the jury in a case could have absolute certainty that the defendant commited a murder is if they ALL saw it happen. (Even eye-witnesses could be lying). The jury is presented with evidence on either side, "proving" their viewpoint. The side with the greated evidence is considered to have the true stand. Am I wrong?

The same thing in everyday decision making...You can never be absolutely certain that you wont get stabbed walking out your front door...If you needed absolute certainty you would never leave the house!

My point is, to be logically consistent with all the other areas of knowledge, we have to base religion on probability (which with the evidences in historical, prophetic, archaeological, scientific, and eye witness accounts, is an extremely high probability).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff