Welcome to Gaia! ::

cool I always seem to admire the way Japanese present their fashion it's much better than any other country I'm from Australia and we're more in2 surfing so u dun see a whole lot of fashion shows on tv some of the japanese fashion is a bit wack but hey u gota domokun have that once in a while!

Discussion:

Which country has the best fashion?

Is fashion a big thing for you?

Are you a person who always wears 'the latest fashion'?
I'de like to be a fashion designer when I'm older I've always thought it would be alota fun
I'm Japanese, and i think that Japan needs clothes that actually make sense.
I'm not sure which country has the best, but i think Europe has a pretty good sense of style.
Fashion isnt a big thing, because people shouldn't judge on what they wear.
I never wear the latest fashion. I dont have enough money to do that, because it keeps changing.
The Far east does have some pretty cool fashion
I love Japanese fashion too biggrin some of it is like reeaally colorful and awesome and... bright! razz

and I don't really dream of being a fashion designer but one of my best friends wants to be one when she grows up, I saw some of her sketches are pretty awesome.

I love the Japanese Gothic Lolita fashion. <3
VK is quite beautiful, just as equally beautiful as Lolita.
Asian countries have a tendency to be good at doing the extremes
England still to this day has a punk influence
Germany is always coming up with something... Interesting
East coast (mainly NY) Dreary a lot of places lean towards black West coast tend to be laid back But yes I am going to school for fashion design I love vogue I love fashion but anyways I change my look on a daily basis punk rock a billy preppy skater hahah effing modern yeah
Which country has the best fashion?

I think Japan would have the best traditional and modern clothing because of the kimonos and the new stuff. But, if you were looking for something classy I would say Europe. France and Italy to be precise. Gemany is will never get rid of the -housen thing which is kind of annoying if you ask me but, they have o.k. stuff. England is pretty good at the punk rock and the cute school girl look. New York and Miami can make slutty fashions pretty good looking if you like the low-cut kind of stuff.

Is fashion a big thing for you?

Of course in an average American middle school it would be but, personally i wouldn't give a care about it at all as long as I look and feel good in what I'm wearing.

Are you a person who always wears 'the latest fashion'?

Only if my grandmother comes with me on a shopping trip. I really don't see the point of keeping fashion on top of you rlist if it just keeps revlovng back around again.
Hmm.. I like a lot of Japanese fashion, for one because I love how a lot of it looks, but mostly because it seems a lot more personalized than American fashion. Like, American fashion all looks the same, but in Japan, don't they try to be original with what they wear?

I especially love Gothic Lolita!! Or Elegant Gothic Lolita. I wish more people dressed like that in America ._.
hehe ^^;;
I love japanese fashion. I'm really into the Lolita fashion right now.

I don't really know anything about other fashions around the world. I'm not really all that "fashionable" anyway. I'm trying to be though.

Kawaii Girl

I love Japanese fashion, because it's so different. Many people dislike it for the same reason. Fashion is actually pretty important to me, more important than it should be.. xD I spend most of my time and money on Lolita fashion, for example..

Why wasn't this posted in the fashion subforum? o3o
Amai Shiroichi
Like, American fashion all looks the same, but in Japan, don't they try to be original with what they wear?;

Not necessarily. My experience with fashion in Japan is that name-brand is very important (this extends beyond fashion as well). It's not uncommon at all for someone to have no problem dropping loads of money for something just because it has the Burberry logo on it (Burberry is quite popular). Most young Japanese people I saw dressed pretty similarly, albeit better/dressier/different than you normally see in America.

Certainly Gothic Lolita and Harajuku fashions are very original and crazy, but they're also not mainstream. I can't say I ever saw anyone dressed in Lolita while I was there (I was in Kobe for nine months), though my friend and I did stumble in on a store that sold that type of fashion.

7,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
If I had the resources(aka money), fashion would be the biggest thing. I'd prolly be the most fashionable girl in my school.

I like Japanese fashion, but sometimes think its too overboard. Used to love it though.

Now Im focusing on European fashion, specifically France(Paris). I love the scarves, the jackets, the gloves, purses.. the sophisticated but modern edgy look, its just perfect. The fashion is one of the top reasons I want to go to Europe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff